Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This is startin' to look like a bus ticket and an ass whuppin' situation to me.

Unless you have money fer a budget priced ticket on Southwestern Airlines.

I ain't got nuthin' against busses,...but when a man arrives to whup some ass,..he needs to be fresh. Ridin' that fuggin' Greyhound will wear a man down.

Ain't nuthin' more humiliatin' than to spend 13 hours on a bus and then get your ass whupped fer the trouble.

I'd get an airplane ticket.

Dammit, Bristoe. That's it. I demand the opportunity to sit on the porch and drink with you. I don't drink Vodka, but I'm buying whatever you want.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,...we'll do it whenever, man.

I'm always up fer good company.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve gat a Rem 700 BDL in 338 Ultramag that I’ve decided to sell to fund a custom build. It is a supremely accurate rifle with any load I’ve tried..... from 165 Barnes to 250 gr Rem Factory loads. But I put a beat up stock on it with mercury recoil reducers so it’s not pretty.

Then I got moisture in my gunsafe last year and it got covered by a thin coating of rust. The bore was not rusted or pitted and I shot it just today to zero the scope since I had removed it for cleaning. Still put three in a less than one inch group at a hundred yards.

Even befor reading this thread I had decided not to sell it on the internet. Ain’t no way to accurately describe all the little flaws or to take enough pictures to show each tiny speck of blue pitting.

I’ll sell it face to face or keep it.

Life is too short for b s like this.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
To me money is less important than the grief of someone dogging me about something I sold them. Treating people right, even PITA people has a way of paying itself forward.

Wise words, these ^^^^

Though I have not read the entire thread, I totally agree with this sentiment.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
On a gun I sold here had to get my own gun transferred back to me and pay shipping both ways because buyer did not like it,later sold it locally for more money.

Had not read full thread comments before I posted this.

I think the time to refuse a gun is before the transfer of ownership, whenever possible.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by cal74
I didn't want to throw any names out as I don't think I'm in the wrong and now it's your opinion against mine and I'm sure depending on who it is there will be sides taken.

This is far from a safariman experience, but apparently what I feel is good to very good for an old rifle someone else feels otherwise. This is only my opinion, but the rifle was listed for well under what other similar ones go for on gunbroker and with the couple pics that were in the ad I do honestly feel it was represented accurately.. If I thought it was in excellent condition with no wear I would have asked considerable more for it. I do apologize that you are not happy with the rifle, but I also believe it's more a case of buyers remorse than a legitimate complaint.

There are no signs of any rust. Is there blueing wear, yes there is. Are there handling marks on the stock, yes there are. It's a 65 year old rifle that's been hunted/used but not abused. I wouldn't sell something on here or any other site where I've ever been that I thought I was misrepresenting.

I do not own a bore-scope, but to the naked eye the bore looks fine.

I offered to take it back, minus shipping costs and a 10% fee or a return of 50.00 if it helped to make it right. I didn't advertise the rifle with a buy back if someone was not happy.
You or anyone else could have asked for more pictures or more detail. There wasn't anything to hide on the barrel, minus the blueing wear and the pictures show the stock pretty clearly. There certainly was not any rust.

You mentioned the screws were buggered, are they perfect no but they're far from buggered or stripped or anything other than being turned in and out a few times in the last five decades and are perfectly functional.

On this site and many others, I have nothing but a 100% feedback and have never been accused of deceiving anyone.

Nothing was ever asked about if anyone was not happy that there was a return policy. The rifle has been transferred and I will not accept a return to an FFL (and I stated that in a pm earlier) where I have to spend a couple hours round trip and an additional 30.00 transfer fee. The closest one to me is an hour round trip and 75.00 fee. If it could just be shipped back to me at this point, I'd say minus my costs involved and ship it back on his dime.

It should be noted Brian also agreed to some ammo/brass that I had just created a shipping label for earlier today, I was able to void the label and hopefully get refunded but I will also return the amount we agreed upon for the ammo/brass. I was not able to ship that out until today and it was on it's way to be dropped off when all of this became an issue. I will get that check out first thing Monday AM.

I've bought things things on here and elsewhere where I wish I would have asked for more details, but also blamed myself for not asking as long as nothing was hidden or lied about. If it wasn't for the photobucket crap, I would have posted more pics in the ad to begin with as there was/is nothing to hide.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../12333490/sako-rhimmiki-222#Post12333490

Shipment I created just this morning (deleted his name/address)

Tracking Number:
1Z281T760393735145
Ship To:

US
UPS Service: UPS GROUND
Number of Packages: 1
Package Weight: 6.0 LBS
Scheduled Delivery: 11/03/2017

Take your sides and say what you will, but I'm done.

That's horse sheit.

[bleep] Yankees

But you're 2 proud of your Yankee family, you're a pretty confused one.

Unlike your fwamily. I'm sure your dad smacks your mom daily for not douching you out

You sir are unable to even imitate a southern gentleman, typical carpetbagger. Fwamily, you lisping again or illiterate.

Both of course.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kk alaska
On a gun transaction once they transfer it , its there gun, not going to re,transfer my own gun again!

Could you try this again when you're not sober.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By the looks of the bore, I'd say Kingston is due a full refund including return shipping

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Oh man......that thing's chewed up.

Sure the hell is, Wow!

I would want a refund as well, should have been disclosed.

For the record, Cal has been here a long time and from recollection I don't think he has ever had any problems like this I think he just made an honest mistake. How he handles it from here on out will tell a lot. I think he also made a mistake starting this thread, it should have been kept between the buyer and the seller unless they couldn't reach an agreement.

Agreed.....this thread should have never happened.

Time to man up Cal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just noticed those pics of the bore. That looks pretty rough, to put it mildly.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I ain't got nuthin' against busses,...but when a man arrives to whup some ass,..he needs to be fresh. Ridin' that fuggin' Greyhound will wear a man down.

Ain't nuthin' more humiliatin' than to spend 13 hours on a bus and then get your ass whupped fer the trouble.

Dammit, Bristoe. That's it. I demand the opportunity to sit on the porch and drink with you. I don't drink Vodka, but I'm buying whatever you want.

If he'll stoop to drinking with a Yankee, I have a truck and a 'memorial' bottle that needs unsealing!

I don't know that I'd come back after, though.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no dog in this fight

but if those pix of the barrel are on the gun you sent him. I'm inclined to think you ought to give him a full refund and at least split shipping or seller pay for the whole dang shebang.

How the F with the innards of a barrel like that get described as good to very good?

geezus bud

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like people to be happy when I sell the something. I won’t have someone think I would cheat them. Give them their money back, pay the shipping.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

If he'll stoop to drinking with a Yankee, I have a truck and a 'memorial' bottle that needs unsealing!

I don't know that I'd come back after, though.

You are always welcome here, Brother.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like the seller needs to get the buyers money back to them very soon.

Edit: after reading the full thread, I think the pitted bore equals a full refund. It’s not the buyers problem you have to drive back to the FFL and the pay the fee again. I’d be pissed if I got sold a rifle with a pitted bore and it wasn’t disclosed. What is this 10% restocking fee crap?

You CAN see the stock fairly well in the ad photos,but the bluing isn’t pictured very well. I would not expect as a buyer for the condition to be as described if the ad says “good to very good” PLUS shows no problem areas or specifies any problems with finish. The attitude “well you didnt ask for more photos or details so your SOL “ is B.S.

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 10/28/17.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hanco
I like people to be happy when I sell the something. I won’t have someone think I would cheat them. Give them their money back, pay the shipping.

My way of doing business too, hanco.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Awful lot of back slapping for a call out thread.... Saturday night!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And feeling all right..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How many people that have commented have looked at the for sale thread and looked at the pics the seller posted?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hanco

If you have any character, you’ll take notice to this first part. I can recall only one buyer unhappy with a deal here. It was a scope and I sent him the full price back no questions asked. You don’t need a call out thread or arguing to be a man.

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 10/28/17.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (204guy, 222Sako, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,850
Posts18,517,575
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.