Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
How many people that have commented have looked at the for sale thread and looked at the pics the seller posted?

I'll re-post Cal74's photos and description here for you.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My FFL has called me several times with concerns about the condition, and once, refused it without asking me first. He always asks what condition it's supposed to be in Im sure he's the exception to the rule though.
What is the gun worth in the condition it's in?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't care how good those pics look, or if it was like new in box. That bore pic takes it right on down to stock and action donar.

Sean
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
My FFL has called me several times with concerns about the condition, and once, refused it without asking me first. He always asks what condition it's supposed to be in Im sure he's the exception to the rule though.

I’ve never refused a gun I bought at the FFL . But can’t you refuse it and just send it back to the sending FFL without putting it in the books at YOUR FFL?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Id have said fair to good condition by those pics, but one man's fair is another good.
I bought a Leupold scope based on a description and no pics because the price was low. I said "I'll take it" quick knowing if I didn't someone else would. Surprised when it arrived. Completely "plumbed" out to a purple color and it was much older than I expected. Said screw it and gave it to a buddy who needed one. It was only $125 though, so no comparison to $675.00

My worthless opinion is that he should give you $100 back. You'd have a decent deal at that and he keeps his reputation.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/28/17.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I’ve never refused a gun I bought at the FFL . But can’t you refuse it and just send it back to the sending FFL without putting it in the books at YOUR FFL?

Guess that was my question. My FFL has refused and sent it back to the sender for me. I have no clue how chain of custody works in this situation. I assume it was too late when Kingston went to pick it up because his FFL had accepted it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This was shipped directly to me on my FFL03. It arrived as a package that I signed for. I opened the package inspected the contents, contacted the seller regarding condition and entered it into my book. To me the gun is a liability (has negative value). It was intended to be a birthday present to myself. I purchased the whole package thinking I was buying fully functional classic in user condition, not a parts gun project.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Id have said fair to good condition by those pics, but one man's fair is another good.
I bought a Leupold scope based on a description and no pics because the price was low. I said "I'll take it" quick knowing if I didn't someone else would. Surprised when it arrived. Completely "plumbed" out to a purple color and it was much older than I expected. Said screw it and gave it to a buddy who needed one. It was only $125 though, so no comparison to $675.00

My worthless opinion is that he should give you $100 back. You'd have a decent deal at that and he keeps his reputation.

If the rifle was bought as a shooter $100 is meaningless

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is why I sell face to face 95% of the time. Now I did just sell a Savage 99 in 60% condition on Gunbroker and the buyer contacted me and thanked me. He said he found the gun to be as advertised and there were no surprises.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I’ve gat a Rem 700 BDL in 338 Ultramag that I’ve decided to sell to fund a custom build. It is a supremely accurate rifle with any load I’ve tried..... from 165 Barnes to 250 gr Rem Factory loads. But I put a beat up stock on it with mercury recoil reducers so it’s not pretty.

Then I got moisture in my gunsafe last year and it got covered by a thin coating of rust. The bore was not rusted or pitted and I shot it just today to zero the scope since I had removed it for cleaning. Still put three in a less than one inch group at a hundred yards.

Even befor reading this thread I had decided not to sell it on the internet. Ain’t no way to accurately describe all the little flaws or to take enough pictures to show each tiny speck of blue pitting.

I’ll sell it face to face or keep it.

Life is too short for b s like this.

how much, all my rifles end up getting beat up in the end.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
How many people that have commented have looked at the for sale thread and looked at the pics the seller posted?

I'll re-post Cal74's photos and description here for you.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That barrel rifling looks perfect from here,,,,GTFOH

Give the man his money back, you should have looked the gun over better before you rated it's condition...a pitted barrel changes the game.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston

This was shipped directly to me on my FFL03. It arrived as a package that I signed for. I opened the package inspected the contents, contacted the seller regarding condition and entered it into my book. To me the gun is a liability (has negative value). It was intended to be a birthday present to myself. I purchased the whole package thinking I was buying fully functional classic in user condition, not a parts gun project.

I'd say you've been cheated. Kinda doubt that guy is going to suddenly find honesty

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's one thing selling a WWII surplus rifle that has fired corrosive ammo with a pitted bore and describing it as good or very good. A sporter chambered in a round that was never loaded with corrosive ammo, that would be considered as optimistically fair condition but more likely poor condition.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I recently purchased a used SUV for my 15 year old son and everyone who I talked to about the vehicle that they had for sale misrepresented it in some way.

Some were little lies, like the fellow who claimed that the Michelin tires on his Jeep Grand Cherokee were less than a year old, but the production date codes showed that they were made in December 2013 and January 2014.

Some were whoppers, like the Toyota Highlander that the seller claimed to have a clean title and to have been his wife's daily driver for three years when it had actually been titled in Colorado until it was totaled in August 2017 and sold for parts.

One vehicle had a lot of hail damage that didn't appear on the CARFAX report, so the seller suggested that I just wait until the first hail storm in the area next Spring and file a claim with my insurance carrier.

I guess that integrity is a much less common attribute than I had thought.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to wonder how well that gun really shoots.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This is startin' to look like a bus ticket and an ass whuppin' situation to me.

Unless you have money fer a budget priced ticket on Southwestern Airlines.

I ain't got nuthin' against busses,...but when a man arrives to whup some ass,..he needs to be fresh. Ridin' that fuggin' Greyhound will wear a man down.

Ain't nuthin' more humiliatin' than to spend 13 hours on a bus and then get your ass whupped fer the trouble.

I'd get an airplane ticket.

I really enjoy the way your mind works, particularly now that your livin life as you should be....have half a mind to book a cheap Southwestern flight just to come up there and enjoy the ramblings!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I definitely expect a 55 year old carbon steel barrel to have some barrel pitting and a worn throat and would ask if I cared about it. It's obviously a hunters rifle based on the obvious bluing loss on the trigger guard, scope base nuts and bolt knob.

Does cal74 have a history of ripping people off?

Dave

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As an FFL could you have refused and sent it back? Or once you accept the package you have to enter it in the log book? What's the protocol?
Just curious how the process works.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cal74
Buyer isn't happy with something I sold someplace else

WTF?!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
I have to wonder how well that gun really shoots.

One of the members here bought a rem 700 .223 in very rough condition, it literally looked like the gun was stored muzzle down in the bilge of a boat, or drug behind a snow mobile. I cut off 4" of the barrel, recrowned it and as I recall he said it shot 1/2" groups.

Guns can look like crap and shoot fine.

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.