Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
What a bunch of crybabies.....

What's it take to know one? (grin)

BTW please tell me that's not a parting shot from the backpacking thread where not everyone agrees that the "best danged sleeping bag ever made" is manufactured by "he who must not be named"?

There was certainly some crying associated with that shindig.

Oh oh, I remember now, Stick weren't sold on your bud either, he did chime in. I see where you're coming from now.

This has nothing to do with that thread, don't know where you got that idea. Maybe if you read this whole thread you might have a clue of what I was saying....but I doubt it.

Last edited by AkMtnHntr; 02/06/07.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Same old, same old, eh 1ak, SOME things don't change very much, do they?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Glad he is gone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't know AKmtnhuntr, I posted my take on Stick's demise from the board, kute posted that he was pretty much in agreement with it. You posted the crybaby remark right after kute's post.

I've read the whole thread, it started by someone asking "bout what happened to Stick" I posted what happened from my perspective.

Kute chimed in with his.

You posted crybabies.

Guess your contribution to this thread is obscurred to me.

You too deep a thinker for me I guess.

But somehow I get the feeling I'll get by.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read into it however you want too, my post just happened to fall after kute's but hey, whatever...

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No problemo, AkMtn, maybe it was just the timing of your post and where it fell.

I think in fairness though if you look at where it fell, your term would seem directed at either kute, myself or both.

If it was directed at others and I'm mistaken, I hope you can see how I would draw the conclusion I did.

Nothing more, nothing less.

But for what it's worth, I ain't crying over Stick getting banned, now if he lost his job or got throwed in the pokey I might feel bad for him.

I'm sure this ain't the first place he's been 86'ed from and my guess he's probably had a less gentle exit from some of the physical locations. (grin)

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can see how you would think that but it wasn't intended towards either of you, more towards a few others that can't seem to let some things go...

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are more folks out there like Stick. If you are going to get into a verbal dispute with someone who is very confident in his thoughts and ways of doing business or pleasure, just be prepared to defend your position and don't come in with a thin skin.

I liked Stick when he was confident and willing to defend his position. I liked hearing about "Sister" and the "Jug Head". They are two very lucky children. Other times I liked him less when I felt he stepped over the line. I think we all know some of those times.

Now that he is gone it does not mean others won't be willing to defend their position from a stand of confidence probably backed up with experience,just like he did. Be prepared to defend your position with facts and logic and be willing to stand up to those who can do the same. I'm sure everyone thinks their logic is the best and they are asking, Why don't you see it my way? Not that a person can't learn something new from somebody else.

Leave out the name calling and running to Rick. People can agree to disagree and still be on a first name basis. There is no disgrace in that. I hope nobody thinks I'm sucking up to Stick. I've never shared a drink with him or broke bread at his table. I've never shot one of his Swirley's. I have no plans for it either. He's not on my Christmas card list.

My own thought is we will see him; or someone like him, again sometime in the future as scrappy as he ever was. If we do, be prepared to debate with him using facts and logic based on experience and confidence, I'm sure he will be. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Stick is gone and Col. Cooper is dead. Guess we're stuck with a bunch of politically correct types with nothing interesting to say.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cooper could say more in one paragraph - without once resorting to profanity - than any 5,000 stickisms.
give or take ...
(dang, a stickism - and i wrote it ...)

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well that stinks, like a smelly old fish......

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Fish280...Ha, you never did figure out how to interperate even the simplest of terms...
TFF !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Three days old.

So are these threads.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
huh? confused
"interperate?"
technical term, i reckon ... smirk

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Really funny how some disparage Stick and then try to sound like him,give or take...........

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I took offense to one of Stick's tirades on a post and put him on ignore. About a week later I realized that I was reading his posts anyways.

Like him or not, Stick was THE straw that stirred the drink here. How much he may have helped or hurt the business that is the campfire might well be measurable on some kind of scale as time passes. For pure intertainment though, he was a gold mine.

Cliff Morris
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Profanity is like spanish, an Amercan second language. Like it or not, live with it. I do prefer the use of $%&^# like they do in the Sunday comics though. Real swearing is for those times you draw your own blood or drop a really small part and don't see where it lands.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey
I am glad he is gone. I won't miss his banter at all, as far as the profanity goes, all it is, is a verbal expression of ones ignorance. Stick was the most ignorant.
Bearbeater

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Big Stick was ok. He got a bit edgy at times, but them I think most of us have our moments.
What did him in, at least on this board, was just not knowing, or caring, when to let it go.
What I find even more irritating though, are the pontificators, the holier than thou types, that either can't handle a little good natured pounding, or feel that mommy and daddy should take care of every problem they run up against. Sad.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In the classroom sometimes a kid will leave ya no choice but to send him to the Prinicipal's office, even if you really don't want to send him out, even if ya like that kid, or even if he/she helps out after school or whatever.

You draw a line, the kid willfully crosses it, you have no choice.

A pity we ain't got in-school suspension around here, all it would take is for Stick's mom to come in for a conference and Stick could be back tomorrow.

Now actual fighting is another matter entirely.

Birdwatcher

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 36 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,162
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.