Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Reading this thread I'll have to say when I carry it's a LCP in my right front pants pocket in a pocket holster. I rotate magazines every month and keep the pistol clean. I need to start pulling the pistol out of my pocket and place it in the console when driving because I couldn't get the pistol out seated.

I've got a Glock in the console for that. wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I carry in my front pocket wearing a Break Away pair of shorts. I can hide my Glock 40 in that pocket that is sewed into the shape of a holster. I also use a big Sticky Pocket holster to smooth out any defining lines when I sit down. The Break Aways have two snaps along the top of both front pockets (Ambidextrous carry) that unsnap and leave you with direct access to the gun. It's faster than trying to sling a shirt out of the way to get to either an OWB carry or a IWB carry. I normally carry my 1911 in the Break Aways because it is an 1" shorter which does make a difference.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't seen any shorts like that. What brand are they and where did you buy them?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I haven't seen any shorts like that. What brand are they and where did you buy them?

maybe they were issued to him when he was a Chippendale?

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Having said all that I would never carry in an ankle carry due to my body build. No way I could get to a gun in a realistic time frame.

A lot of the guys I used to work with carried model 60s in an ankle rig. Had to learn to walk when they started and had to learn again if they ever took it off.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My stainless M60 is 22 ounces and the reason that I carry my M337 PD at 10 ounces.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

in any given approach to self defense, one should look at the totality of a method--and that means leaving nothing out.

subsequently, pocket carry can be a valid means--but it should be looked at in some type of appropriate context.

here where i live, it is essentially winter from mid October to mid March. over the past 37 or 38 years, my wife and i do a walk of about 4 miles every day. normally, i prefer to carry inside waistband, right appendix, and this has been my preferred method for many years. on these walks i usually wear a medium weight jacket, then a hoodie, and then a long, water repellant nylon shell over the top. most times, big clumsy gloves are a must. with this garb on and my preferred method of carry, i've found that if potentially needed, i can't get a rig into action quickly--it is much too slow.

that is when i utilize pocket carry, carrying a Ruger 2 1/4 inch factory hammer bobbed .357 magnum, using 125 gr. Gold Dots in a mid-load. i carry it in my left (non-dominant side), jacket pocket, which is big and roomy--and sans a holster. at times one can remove the glove, and keep a hand on the rig. it can be brought into action quickly if needed, or fired right through the pocket....

each person has to find what might work for them, and then prove that given approach out at the range--using a timer.

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel

in any given approach to self defense, one should look at the totality of a method--and that means leaving nothing out.

subsequently, pocket carry can be a valid means--but it should be looked at in some type of appropriate context.

here where i live, it is essentially winter from mid October to mid March. over the past 37 or 38 years, my wife and i do a walk of about 4 miles every day. normally, i prefer to carry inside waistband, right appendix, and this has been my preferred method for many years. on these walks i usually wear a medium weight jacket, then a hoodie, and then a long, water repellant nylon shell over the top. most times, big clumsy gloves are a must. with this garb on and my preferred method of carry, i've found that if potentially needed, i can't get a rig into action quickly--it is much too slow.

that is when i utilize pocket carry, carrying a Ruger 2 1/4 inch factory hammer bobbed .357 magnum, using 125 gr. Gold Dots in a mid-load. i carry it in my left (non-dominant side), jacket pocket, which is big and roomy--and sans a holster. at times one can remove the glove, and keep a hand on the rig. it can be brought into action quickly if needed, or fired right through the pocket....

each person has to find what might work for them, and then prove that given approach out at the range--using a timer.
I consider coat pocket concealed carry to be an entirely separate category that typically works much better than pants pocket concealed carry, and is often superior to IWB, which would be too slow when one is fully bundled up for the cold. Ideally, if concealment weren’t an issue, open carry on an exterior belt would be the best solution, but short of that, coat pocket carry is the best alternative in these circumstances. When most of us bring up pocket carry, though, I believe we have in mind pants pockets, unless otherwise specified.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

196 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,784
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.