-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny everyone analyzing how it affects them personally to determine whether or not it's a good plan. How about this-

What's best overall for the country? What gets freeloaders off welfare? What plan has each paying their share?

All you guys are no different than the left or anyone else, what's in it for me.

Flame suit on.

LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Eliminates the EITC too I think. No more refunds for folks that didn't pay any. IIRC

Yeah, that'll happen as soon as Mike Bloomberg get's elected NRA president

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd venture to say I pay my share, as well as a portion of others. I've never once complained about paying taxes, I figure I can gauge my success and on how much I pay in taxes. This year with both my wife and I working full time looks like we'll be paying a chunk.

Everyone should have skin in the game, whether you're making minimum wage or in the 1%. Seems like even after deductions a minimum of 5% of gross isn't too much to ask. It also seems that whether one puts in additional years to gain an advanced degree, or puts in extra hours working to build a business or overtime to help your employer that asking more than 20% of gross is unreasonable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't believe running up the deficit is good for the country in the long term. The argument tax cuts are needed to boost the economy when the stock market is at an all time high and unemployment is less than 5% seems very disingenuous. Flame suit on.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Any changes for long term capital gains. Retired folks have been taking a beating with the low interest rates. We can't service $20T in debt, so interest rates must be kept low. Retired folks who saved a few buck are paying for this.

In addition, lower long term capital gains tax rates attract investment that in turn helps us dig out way out.

Last edited by oldtrapper; 11/02/17. Reason: addition

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Estate tax axed..

As I understand it, the exemption for each person would be doubled ... to around $11,000,000.00. Not sure what happens to "portability," ... in other words if some part of the $11,000,000.00 isn't used by a spouse, does the unused portion of the $11,000,000.00 get added to the surviving spouse's $11,000,000.00? Supposedly, all estate taxes are ended in 2024.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Funny everyone analyzing how it affects them personally to determine whether or not it's a good plan. How about this-

What's best overall for the country? What gets freeloaders off welfare? What plan has each paying their share?

All you guys are no different than the left or anyone else, what's in it for me.

Flame suit on.

Thanks Mr.Attention, I feel better now.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Any news on Write Off's?

(he asks knowing how selfish it is......but does not GAF)

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
All i will say in response, is read what i posted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Them with high local an state taxes ....will learn that they are being screwed..... I don't want to pay for your tax brake.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ftbt
Estate tax axed..

As I understand it, the exemption for each person would be doubled ... to around $11,000,000.00. Not sure what happens to "portability," ... in other words if some part of the $11,000,000.00 isn't used by a spouse, does the unused portion of the $11,000,000.00 get added to the surviving spouse's $11,000,000.00? Supposedly, all estate taxes are ended in 2024.

Thanks for the info. (gotta ad that at those figures I will be AOK. LOL)

The simplification is yuge.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/02/17.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Squidge
I don't believe running up the deficit is good for the country in the long term. The argument tax cuts are needed to boost the economy when the stock market is at an all time high and unemployment is less than 5% seems very disingenuous. Flame suit on.

Tax cuts don't run up the deficit, spending runs up the deficit. You can tax everyone at 100% and the country will still be broke if they spend more than they take in. Ask anyone with an ex-wife that couldn't control her credit card spending how easy it is to spend more than you make.

Federal tax revenues took a hit after the collapse of 2008 but after that set a new record take every year. At the same time time the national debt doubled under Obama, from 2009-2016. Clearly it wasn't a revenue problem because the intake increased every year. Clearly it was a spending problem.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tax plans don't mean schit if the government cannot get control of their spending. Eventually you have to pay the piper.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm hearing the S corp passthrough provision is not going to include professional services companies. As a part owner of an engineering company that is a S corporation, that sucks.....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I'm hearing the S corp passthrough provision is not going to include professional services companies. As a part owner of an engineering company that is a S corporation, that sucks.....

So the rate would be higher than it is currently?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Flame suit on.

You know what? GFY!
Jesus proposed a fair tax. Ten percent. No deductions; no exclusions. You don't work, you don't eat. It would never pass. Would you go for that?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nope it would stay the same. Treated as personal income subject to higher tax brackets.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
its stupid that in the age we live in, I still have to type in what I paid in property taxes, mortgage interest, etc., (or write it down on a form)
'
all of that should be automated so at the end of the year all you have to do is review it against your own documentation. And each quarter you could get a tax status saying whether you were on a path to owing money or paying more than you need to

all of this information is readily available digitally , its already out there in the world so its not a question of security or access.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

Nope it would stay the same. Treated as personal income subject to higher tax brackets.

It's very confusing. I was reading up on it, and I think you are correct. I don't think my S Corp falls in that category and I'll be in the 25% bracket. However, a lot of my customers are landscapers and stone masons that are small and I think they may fall into your category which would be bad for me. In addition to that, the 25% rate isn't really much less than we're at right now I think. Not sure how it's going to help my company. We might end up changing to a C Corp.

Last night on the way home, I was listening to Hannity on the radio. He had on some congressman on and was talking about the plan as a whole. He did mention that they have some work to do when it comes to S Corps. Hopefully they will fix this.

This is from Bloomberg, so take it for a grain of salt, but it explains why they did it this way.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-09-28/the-trump-tax-reform-s-pass-through-boondoggle

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/03/17.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its not about the debt. It is not about tax breaks. It is about tax reform.

If it happens to mean NY and CA now have to "pay their fair share" as some are always so eager to tell others, so be it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,946
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.