Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Funny everyone analyzing how it affects them personally to determine whether or not it's a good plan. How about this-

What's best overall for the country? What gets freeloaders off welfare? What plan has each paying their share?

All you guys are no different than the left or anyone else, what's in it for me.

Flame suit on.

You know what? GFY!
Jesus proposed a fair tax. Ten percent. No deductions; no exclusions. You don't work, you don't eat. It would never pass. Would you go for that?

It's not in my job description to rewrite the tax code. I just find it sad that the filter everyone runs a tax code change thru is, "What's in it for me?".

JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Not too many people use that as their primary criteria for making decisions anymore. It's all me me me mine mine mine gimme gimme gimme.

LOL

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh, give me a break.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Oh, give me a break.

No - it's give US a break! laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I might end up paying a little less. I hope so the bastards steal way too much.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
You guys are right about the Alternative Minimum Tax is pure evil. My wife and I file jointly and it has killed us the last two years. We are in a bracket that has been eliminated so we got bumped up into a higher bracket so the new tax brackets actually hurt us. I'm not complaining it the AMT gets dropped. It will help us a lot, in spite of the higher rate we will be paying.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, give me a break.

Really? Go back and read the replies for yourself. Don't blame me I didn't say it.

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oh, give me a break.

Really? Go back and read the replies for yourself. Don't blame me I didn't say it.

No. You said it. Just because folks look at their personal positions, nobody came out and said it fuggs us all but it's good for me. Besides maybe the debt comments. It's good for me and seems great for US is what I see in the comments.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No, no. I will go ahead and fall on my sword so that others may live.

Going on welfare might not be so bad....I could probably learn to love it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Oh, give me a break.

No. You said it. Just because folks look at their personal positions, nobody came out and said it fuggs us all but it's good for me. Besides maybe the debt comments. It's good for me and seems great for US is what I see in the comments.

I meant I didn't say all the comments about how it's either good or bad for me therefore.... I just pointed out that's the filter most people seem to run things thru nowadays.

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Squidge
I don't believe running up the deficit is good for the country in the long term. The argument tax cuts are needed to boost the economy when the stock market is at an all time high and unemployment is less than 5% seems very disingenuous. Flame suit on.

Tax cuts don't run up the deficit, spending runs up the deficit. You can tax everyone at 100% and the country will still be broke if they spend more than they take in. Ask anyone with an ex-wife that couldn't control her credit card spending how easy it is to spend more than you make.

Federal tax revenues took a hit after the collapse of 2008 but after that set a new record take every year. At the same time time the national debt doubled under Obama, from 2009-2016. Clearly it wasn't a revenue problem because the intake increased every year. Clearly it was a spending problem.

THIS IN SPADES!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Bet it's boring. Sitting around waiting for a check that is just enough to pay for sitting around waiting for a another.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's not in my job description to rewrite the tax code. I just find it sad that the filter everyone runs a tax code change thru is, "What's in it for me?".

JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Not too many people use that as their primary criteria for making decisions anymore. It's all me me me mine mine mine gimme gimme gimme.

Don't bump your head when you fall off that high & mighty throne you sit upon, your narcissistic demeanor and judgemental attitude will be your downfall someday.

We've been hearing it for months now, BIG tax break for everyone...it's going to be GREAT !!! When you see how many commercial accounts that have been using your landscaping business, no longer call for your services because of changes...don't come here and whine. Major changes have been made in medical deductions, for those with severe heath issues at home that's a kick in the teeth. Add that to the changes taking place in medical coverage costs across the nation, many people are going to have far less than before. Local and state tax along with mortgage changes, will effect a lot of members...many that are retired and can't alter their earnings other than more withdrawals...and pay more in taxes.

I know you enjoy playing the heel, get attention at home where it counts.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Bet it's boring. Sitting around waiting for a check that is just enough to pay for sitting around waiting for a another.

Well, I could keep growing a garden. My guns are paid for, and I paid cash for all the trapping supplies I just ordered.

It would be like living in the south, or Oregon, except it would be colder and there are no trees.

One huge positive would be access to Commodity Cheese. That stuff is great.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 11/03/17.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Don't bump your head when you fall off that high & mighty throne you sit upon, your narcissistic demeanor and judgemental attitude will be your downfall someday.

We've been hearing it for months now, BIG tax break for everyone...it's going to be GREAT !!! When you see how many commercial accounts that have been using your landscaping business, no longer call for your services because of changes...don't come here and whine. Major changes have been made in medical deductions, for those with severe heath issues at home that's a kick in the teeth. Add that to the changes taking place in medical coverage costs across the nation, many people are going to have far less than before. Local and state tax along with mortgage changes, will effect a lot of members...many that are retired and can't alter their earnings other than more withdrawals...and pay more in taxes.

Coming from you, that is a zero on my GAS Scale. I'm not going to spin my wheels fighting trolls.

My point is there was a time in America when "What's in it for me" wasn't the first thing out of everyone's mouth. Sorry you find that offensive but that's the way it is.

LOL
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've read that over 40% of Americans don't pay any fed income tax. I wonder how that will wash out with this. It's all a combination of standard deductions & personal exemptions.

And, presently, most of those get large refunds.

Democrats will scream like Hell, but we definitely need to return to the rule of "You can not get back more than you paid in."

I have no problem with indigent older folks, or even struggling young families paying $0 to the IRS. I do have a problem with kids paying in $1000 bucks of with holding and getting a $10,000 refund.

The IRS is not SUPPOSED to be a federal welfare system!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Coming from you, that is a zero on my GAS Scale. I'm not going to spin my wheels fighting trolls.

My point is there was a time in America when "What's in it for me" wasn't the first thing out of everyone's mouth. Sorry you find that offensive but that's the way it is.

There was a time when "whats in it for me" was not the order of the day? When was this exactly?

You know this because a president, who's family made its fortune off of illegal booze, said it was time for the peasants to suck it up?

Perhaps you are thinking back to Great old George Washington? No mention of the Whiskey Rebellion?

You are romanticizing a period in time that did not exist.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not talking about power hungry greed mongers, when did they ever do what's right? I'm talking about rank and file Americans like the one's posting here.

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The rank and file have been working tirelessly for hundreds of years to protect what they have worked so hard to acquire.

Always been that way.

No one spends his money more wisely than the person who worked hard to earn it.

You definition of "whats good for the country" may not coincide with mine.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 11/03/17.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It has been proven that when Americans are allowed to keep more of their own money they give more generously to charity.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never said pay more, just throw money at it. I believe if taxes were equitably distributed and costs scrupulously controlled we could all get a tax break. Do I think that will happen? No.

LOL
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.