Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If you taxed every Tom Dick and Harry at 49% the feds would need 50%.

All talk like this does is breed resentment. Class warfare.

The idea that we are all in this together.....we just need to pay our fair share is nonsense.

Its every man for himself....always has been.

I am MAGA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This might help some understand.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Jim, don't forget the free no deductible health insurance.... I like that cheese too.

Back to the tax stuff. Last year I tried my dangdest to fill them out correctly. Moved. Changed employers. Had Student loan payments. HSA cash out. 401k bullchit... Both the feds and the good State of Montana said I screwed it up and sent me two grand back. Rather had just kept it in the first place and not dealt with the bs. Funny they both sent letters indicating what I should do if I disagreed with them. Lol like I have any clue, or would send it back!

I think the simplification will good for all, comrads.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That was pretty good!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

It's not in my job description to rewrite the tax code. I just find it sad that the filter everyone runs a tax code change thru is, "What's in it for me?".

JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Not too many people use that as their primary criteria for making decisions anymore. It's all me me me mine mine mine gimme gimme gimme.

Don't bump your head when you fall off that high & mighty throne you sit upon, your narcissistic demeanor and judgemental attitude will be your downfall someday.

We've been hearing it for months now, BIG tax break for everyone...it's going to be GREAT !!! When you see how many commercial accounts that have been using your landscaping business, no longer call for your services because of changes...don't come here and whine. Major changes have been made in medical deductions, for those with severe heath issues at home that's a kick in the teeth. Add that to the changes taking place in medical coverage costs across the nation, many people are going to have far less than before. Local and state tax along with mortgage changes, will effect a lot of members...many that are retired and can't alter their earnings other than more withdrawals...and pay more in taxes.

I know you enjoy playing the heel, get attention at home where it counts.

Coming from you, that is a zero on my GAS Scale. I'm not going to spin my wheels fighting trolls.

My point is there was a time in America when "What's in it for me" wasn't the first thing out of everyone's mouth. Sorry you find that offensive but that's the way it is.

It's a shame you can't read and comprehend what my detailed points were that effect people, but instead make it about YOU and YOUR feelings...but we ALL certainly appreciate financial advice from Fireballz

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bwana, I don't even want to know how your mind works. You're some kind of confused.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bwana, I don't even want to know how your mind works. You're some kind of confused.

Now that I can believe, you should try leaving your little world sometime.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

It's not in my job description to rewrite the tax code. I just find it sad that the filter everyone runs a tax code change thru is, "What's in it for me?".

JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Not too many people use that as their primary criteria for making decisions anymore. It's all me me me mine mine mine gimme gimme gimme.

Don't bump your head when you fall off that high & mighty throne you sit upon, your narcissistic demeanor and judgemental attitude will be your downfall someday.

We've been hearing it for months now, BIG tax break for everyone...it's going to be GREAT !!! When you see how many commercial accounts that have been using your landscaping business, no longer call for your services because of changes...don't come here and whine. Major changes have been made in medical deductions, for those with severe heath issues at home that's a kick in the teeth. Add that to the changes taking place in medical coverage costs across the nation, many people are going to have far less than before. Local and state tax along with mortgage changes, will effect a lot of members...many that are retired and can't alter their earnings other than more withdrawals...and pay more in taxes.

I know you enjoy playing the heel, get attention at home where it counts.

Coming from you, that is a zero on my GAS Scale. I'm not going to spin my wheels fighting trolls.

My point is there was a time in America when "What's in it for me" wasn't the first thing out of everyone's mouth. Sorry you find that offensive but that's the way it is.

The bottom line is that a tax cut, most any tax cut is good for our country. Other than being an ass, I don't see the reason for your attacks on fellow posters for discussing a tax cut.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

This might help some understand.

Good stuff! I haven't seen that press conference before.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Squidge
I don't believe running up the deficit is good for the country in the long term. The argument tax cuts are needed to boost the economy when the stock market is at an all time high and unemployment is less than 5% seems very disingenuous. Flame suit on.

Tax cuts don't run up the deficit, spending runs up the deficit. You can tax everyone at 100% and the country will still be broke if they spend more than they take in. Ask anyone with an ex-wife that couldn't control her credit card spending how easy it is to spend more than you make.

Federal tax revenues took a hit after the collapse of 2008 but after that set a new record take every year. At the same time time the national debt doubled under Obama, from 2009-2016. Clearly it wasn't a revenue problem because the intake increased every year. Clearly it was a spending problem.

THIS IN SPADES!
Yep... If gov't would stop spending so damned much maybe we actually COULD save a few sheckles...

Yeah - and I'll win the LOTTO tonight..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,306
Posts18,487,165
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.