Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I am an elitist. There are a bunch of black and brown guys who should not have guns, but there are a bunch of white guys who shouldn’t have them either.

I agree with you on one point; you are an elitist. How would you feel if I told you that you and your family don't meet my criteria to own firearms because your political views are dangerous to my family's welfare and freedom? Sure, we're both law-abiding citizens but, according to me, your political views don't meet the standard for gun ownership. Are you ready to give them up?? If not, why not?? Please don't tell me because you disagree with my OPINION. Do you honestly think Obama would let your family own guns if HE had SUPREME power? What was the best guarantee that he would need to peacefully hand over that power to Trump, a man he detests??

When it comes to firearm ownership, we need to think 100+ years into the future and ask ourselves if we want to leave our family's well being to a person/group who may dislike them or even hate them because of how they look, think, or what they OWN. As for me, I think the safest position a society can take is to ensure we're all able to defend ourselves from whatever, whenever. Short of that, you and your family's well-being is at the mercy of anyone that chooses to do harm or steal from them.

And, since you stated you're a LEO, you know better than anyone that in almost all cases you can't protect me or mine. The best you do 99% of the time (and that's being very generous) is show up and take are "report" on what happened. Not being critical of LE, I know you would if you could, but you can't and that's the truth!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MOGC
What was the shooters motive? Besides being batchit crazy.

Probably a domestic issue.

2nd wife's family went to that church and he probably blamed them for his failed life.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is report of all black clothing, and an Antifa flag. (Awaiting real facts) he could be one Antifa nut job trying to start thier revolution.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kellory

There is report of all black clothing, and an Antifa flag. (Awaiting real facts) he could be one Antifa nut job trying to start thier revolution.

If the facts bare that truth then every last swinging antifa dick should fry for RICO violations at a minimum.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Probably a domestic issue.

2nd wife's family went to that church and he probably blamed them for his failed life.

That's what I was thinking too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
He wasn't shooitng FMJ;s:

Looks like NBT's or Vmax. Hard to tell if the tip is orange or red.

[Linked Image]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RNF

nice

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Soo. The good citizen. Did he use a shotgun or rifle? Details? Have heard rifle and shotgun. Heard he fired two shots. Now saying same type firearm??

Fox keeps alternating between a rifle and a shotgun. Evidently the perp drove about 5 miles after being shot and died. The Good Samaritan must have hit a vital organ or an artery.

Makes me think of the jack-wagon that showed up a few years ago with a rifle to shoot a bunch of people and the TX resident killed him with a handgun. Don't mess with Texas!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best to only allow the landed gentry to own firearms.

I'll go along with that...until I sell my farm and move to an old folks apartment.

Then it'll be BS!

IMO, soft targets need to harden up and protect their own with lethality. It's sad commentary, but such are the times. 2A is all the more important.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am a citizen of the United States as most of you are. I am not afraid of the Government because I am the Government. I have been a commissioned law enforcement officer and have seen many gun possessors who should have been prevented from having one.

It is time to stop this BS that is is us verses them. It is all of us together, and as citizens we need to say who can legitably have guns and who shouldn’t.

You like to write me off as a liberal. I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966. I am a a qualified Master shooter in High Power competition, Sharpshooter in pistol competition and I also shoot skeet and sporting clays.
I own two farms and have private rifle and pistol ranges set up on my land. I belong to two shooting clubs. I have three kids who hunt deer and I hunt deer, elk and upland birds every year.

I happen to believe that as citizens we should prove we are qualified to keep and bear arms. If we are not qualified we shouldn’t be allowed to have them. That’s where “well regulated militia” kicks in IMHO.

I am an elitist. There are a bunch of black and brown guys who should not have guns, but there are a bunch of white guys who shouldn’t have them either. The shooter in Texas and the one in Las Vegas are cases in point. Don’t tell me that deeper screening wouldn’t have brought up questions on these two shooters. No, it wouldn’t have stopped all, but it would stop some.

The Constitution and my God given rights to protect my family and myself trump your resume and opinions (neither of which mean chit to me).

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
interview with witness

No weapon detail though... I am thinking rifle though.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/05/17.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

From the San Antonio article-

"Kelley is a former U.S. Air Force member who served from 2010 to 2014. Records confirm Kelley previously served in logistics readiness in New Mexico until his discharge in 2014, Air Force spokesperson Ann Stefanek said in a statement.

Kelley was court-martialed in 2012 for two counts of assault on his spouse and assault on their child, Stefanek said. He received a bad conduct discharge and confinement for 12 months."

That guy could not legally own or posess ANY firearm under current US law. He was dishonorably dicharged (felony) and convicted of an act of domesric violence.

Question is HOW did he get that gun ?

Last edited by jk16; 11/05/17.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I am a citizen of the United States as most of you are. I am not afraid of the Government because I am the Government. I have been a commissioned law enforcement officer and have seen many gun possessors who should have been prevented from having one.

You couldn't cut it and washed out, I presume.

Last edited by DHN; 11/05/17.

Dale

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by duck911

It is time to stop this BS that is is us verses them. It is all of us together, and as citizens we need to say who can legitably have guns and who shouldn’t.

You like to write me off as a liberal. I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966. I am a a qualified Master shooter in High Power competition, Sharpshooter in pistol competition and I also shoot skeet and sporting clays.
I own two farms and have private rifle and pistol ranges set up on my land. I belong to two shooting clubs. I have three kids who hunt deer and I hunt deer, elk and upland birds every year.

I happen to believe that as citizens we should prove we are qualified to keep and bear arms. If we are not qualified we shouldn’t be allowed to have them. That’s where “well regulated militia” kicks in IMHO.

I am an elitist. There are a bunch of black and brown guys who should not have guns, but there are a bunch of white guys who shouldn’t have them either. The shooter in Texas and the one in Las Vegas are cases in point. Don’t tell me that deeper screening wouldn’t have brought up questions on these two shooters. No, it wouldn’t have stopped all, but it would stop some.

The Constitution and my God given rights to protect my family and myself trump your resume and opinions (neither of which mean chit to me).

This 100%

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I believe that i should be able to have any firearm that i want to own or can afford.

What you are about just don't make any sense.

The same folks who you want to tell you if you can own anything,for no reason can and would take away anyone's right for nothing but a whim.

I also think that i should be able to carry anywhere and whatever firearm i want to without having to pay the .gov a dammed dime.

If one is a responsible person there should be no problem.

Let me tell you this:if bad actors knew that folks would shoot back at them anytime they start something things like this would not be happening.

All of the movies talking about the so called wild west are wrong.
The reason is that most everyone had a firearm on them or close by.

I don't agree with what you think but you have the right to think so.

You don't come off as a conservative at all.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RNF

two guys chased after the shooter...

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am thinking rifle though.

Sure sounds like it. And the witness doesn't say that he shot at the BG, he says he shot him, and then fired again trying to hit him through his vehicle window. Waiting for more info....

Be not weary in well doing.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by denton
I am thinking rifle though.

Sure sounds like it. And the witness doesn't say that he shot at the BG, he says he shot him, and then fired again trying to hit him through his vehicle window. Waiting for more info....

The chase down guys indicate rifle I think... On the link RNF provided.

"I pulled up to the intersection where the shooting happened and I saw two men exchanging gunfire," Langendorff said, noting the shooter and another local were shooting at each other.
Once the gunman fled the church grounds in his vehicle, Langendorff said the other man came to his car.
"The other gentleman said we needed to pursue (the shooter) because he shot up the church," he said. "So that's what I did. I just acted."
The pair chased the man down FM 539 headed North before the shooter lost control and ran off the roadway. Langendorff said the other man with him jumped out of the car and drew his rifle on Kelley.
"He didn't move after that," Langendorff said.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/05/17.

--- Kid Rock 2022

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
interview with witness

No weapon detail though... I am thinking rifle though.

Agreed. Glad he was there to put a stop to it. What a horrible thing.

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 48 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,656
Posts18,533,887
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.