-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heck yes, but only ninth grade with the new blond and blue runner up to Miss Michigan the year before! As a sixteen year old hormone charged male, most of us probably should have been in a rubber room instead of an English class. This lady took particular delight in also wearing the previously mentioned low cut attire and then draping herself over our desks giving us peek a boobies. Hardly a dangling participle in the whole class. What a great mammary.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The only women teachers I had were either nuns or rapidly nearing retirement age. So, my mind not being distracted by spurious thoughts, I learned a lot.

Retirement age for the nuns at my high school was ninety something!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My high school English teacher was a great lady and a great teacher. I had her from grades 9 thru 12 in high school and until I was a senior I don't think she was too impressed with me. But, when we started Shakespeare in the 12th grade, I had no trouble understanding it because I had either read or been read the King James Bible since I was hatched. The smarter kids were just thrown by the lingo because it was unfamiliar to them. It got to the point that she had to tell me to "give the rest of the class a chance" when asked the meaning of some of it......and was quite the ego boost to an otherwise mediocre student, when after giving them a chance I still had to 'splain it to the brainiacs that stomped me in other subjects.

My 9th grade algebra teacher was the one that was a saint. I hated the subject but really wanted to at least pass it. She went over and above anything expected trying to help me but despite her best efforts, I had to repeat the class. My brain just wasn't ready for it at that time.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Mine was a nun, Sister Barbara. She and I crossed swords for most of the time I was in high school. If she said, "Use these 10 spelling words in a sentence," then I'd use them all in the same sentence because I'm lazy like that. I've earned a good living as a writer for the last 15 years, and she's the reason why.

But not all of my teachers were nuns. There was a literature teacher whose name I can't remember, but whose body I'll never forget.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All my English teachers were either old, ugly, or both.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems that all the English teachers I had in Jr and Senior high school were men. Nothing too remarkable about them.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My English teacher was plumb crazy. Seriously...threw chalkboard erasers at students who gave wrong answers to her questions. They finally committed her. It was a fun hour not knowing what to expect, though!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Your post reminded me that when I was in jr. high it was about the time that the WW II vets had finished teachers college. A few of them were batshit crazy. My English teacher's idea of a class was to have us marching around the gym singing army songs. I shidt you not!

IIRC, he threw stuff too.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 11/11/17.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hated english, couldn't seem to grasp the rules.
My posts show that no doubt. At least I don't know
how dumb I am.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by JamesJr

+1, Junior year of HS did have my English teacher, some how, got her belt up over one of her tits.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
All my English teachers were in their 50's or 60's when I was in high school. One male taught freshman English and the others were female. None of the ladies would be considered attractive. I learned grammar and literature, but they did not make us write essays, just book reports. I struggled with freshman English in college because of the lack of writing. Never did a term paper in high school either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It wasn't until college that I learned that the teachers who'd handed me all these A's through school hadn't taught me schidt. They were just cranking a wheel. So here I was re-starting at the bottom, English 101. Professor was this dyed-in-the-wool, proud commie protester of the 60's (pictures on his office walls). He had a mind a touch drug addled it seemed, halting, stuttering, but with a soft, kind voice none the less. And that crazy mo-fo took English grammar deadly serious, and was a remarkable teacher of language. An example of a person that might have little in common with, but who I learned to respect the hell out of and will always be grateful to.

p.s. hope my grammar there wasn't too bad

Last edited by sandcritter; 11/11/17.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My English teacher taught me everything I no.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the only one I remember was my Senior year English teacher. He was a prissy little nancy boy who was, even back then, more interested in being a social justice warrior than in teaching English. Ran into him at the 50th year reunion a few years back, and he is even more an waste of oxygen then he was back in the day. Told him again what I thought of him.

Sam......

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by P_Weed
My English teacher taught me everything I no.

I see what you did there.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
had several perfectly good english teaches, and one that hated me, and possibly i hated her also.

one early one in the eighth grade had an earlier career in sales in mkting at sears & roebuck.

another that had us construct "edifices" from our thinking and sentence structures.

a third that thought the sun rises and sets in diagramming sentences.

the fourth, well let's just say we agreed to disagree.

but, all in all they earned their pay.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I remember a couple of them, both mousey little women. I took AP english from one so I could test out of a bunch of college english because I had/have very little interest in the subject. The second one (senior english was required) had more patience than I ever deserved. I think I had 30 some hours of class detention racked up and she lowered your grade 1/3 of a letter for every 3 hours. Failing would have meant facing the old man and even as a senior I wasn't dumb enough to risk that. I showed up to class on a Friday with a bedroll and announced that I was going to spend the weekend to serve my detention. She took my bedroll, set it in a corner and told me to stay after class. My friends thought it was hilarious and were betting that I was going to be expelled. After class she waited a good 15-20 minutes before handing me my bedroll, telling me to go home that my detention would be waived and asking me to keep it to myself.

I honored her request and didn't say a word to anyone for years.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by stomatador
I remember a couple of them, both mousey little women. I took AP english from one so I could test out of a bunch of college english because I had/have very little interest in the subject. The second one (senior english was required) had more patience than I ever deserved. I think I had 30 some hours of class detention racked up and she lowered your grade 1/3 of a letter for every 3 hours. Failing would have meant facing the old man and even as a senior I wasn't dumb enough to risk that. I showed up to class on a Friday with a bedroll and announced that I was going to spend the weekend to serve my detention. She took my bedroll, set it in a corner and told me to stay after class. My friends thought it was hilarious and were betting that I was going to be expelled. After class she waited a good 15-20 minutes before handing me my bedroll, telling me to go home that my detention would be waived and asking me to keep it to myself.

I honored her request and didn't say a word to anyone for years.

politics is alive & well in all levels of the skool system, as much as it is anywhere else in the world.

one english teach, having a particularly good day, jumped up from his desk and threw his english lit book directly at me, clear across the room. thankfully i was quick enough to jump out of the way and avoid being struck. life went on, like nothing had ever happened.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Yep !! ^^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember one in particular. I needed an elective in college and opted for "Mass Media" whatever that was (in that context, how to write in-house business publications). What we wrote had to conform to strict journalistic standards - who, ,when, where, etc. To the point with no extraneous crap and absolutely no "spin." She went to war with every adjective or adverb you tried to sneak in. Lord help you if you submitted a run-on sentence and you would get thoroughly skewered for or any logical inconsistency. Perhaps that's why most of what passes for Journalism these days absolutely (unnecessary and redundant) nauseates me.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 801 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.