Campfire Ranger
Revoke the op's man card....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Desertranger,

My lady says that my full beard is SOFT, feels good against her skin AND she says that I look like an Old Testament prophet.

My GUESS is that she'll get used to it.

yours, satx

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Make a deal, you quit shaving your face and she gets to stop shaving her legs.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dunno if i should post this, but here goes. A long time ago a wife came into the machine shop at quitting time and told her husband to get the chips out of his beard because it really tore up her legs. He nearly had to quit over that one.

Hardest part of growing a beard is getting past the wino look stage.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter03
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I really don't get the new Bin Laden beard trend. I understand it if you are growing it to hide ugly, but otherwise, shave. Women don't really want sasquatch rootin' around in their crotch.

Some women appreciate the "Womb Broom"

It's the Magic Carpet... just ask if she wants a ride.

As for the "Bin Laden look" I should probably take great offense to comments like that but in the end, it only shows your ignorance, arrogance, and bigotry. I grow my beard in the colder months because I trap and having a chapped face sucks. I shave in March for the warmer months and keep only a goatee neatly cropped. It wasn't so many years ago that growing a beard was simply what men did, and only boys had a clean face. It was an aristocratic society that decided men should be clean shaven and dress like pompous little boys. A clean face was merely a holdover from that. The more contemporary days of people associating beards with a "lower class of men" are coming to an end thank goodness.

Last edited by Rye77; 11/16/17.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Never thought to ask mine.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rye77
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter03
I really don't get the new Bin Laden beard trend. I understand it if you are growing it to hide ugly, but otherwise, shave. Women don't really want sasquatch rootin' around in their crotch.

Some women appreciate the "Womb Broom"

It's the Magic Carpet... just ask if she wants a ride.

As for the "Bin Laden look" I should probably take great offense to comments like that but in the end, it only shows your ignorance, arrogance, and bigotry. I grow my beard in the colder months because I trap and having a chapped face sucks. I shave in March for the warmer months and keep only a goatee neatly cropped. It wasn't so many years ago that growing a beard was simply what men did, and only boys had a clean face. It was an aristocratic society that decided men should be clean shaven and dress like pompous little boys. A clean face was merely a holdover from that. The more contemporary days of people associating beards with a "lower class of men" are coming to an end thank goodness.

I'm calling BS on a beards keeping anybody warm. Beards are temperature neutral.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
You don't. Spend your energy on something that matters.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
@TimberRunner,

I didn't say WARM, I said keeps my face from getting Chapped. Call BS all you want. At 0400 in the morning with it's below freezing and the wind is ripping, my face gets chapped. Beard prevents that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell her if I want your opinion I'll give it to you, now STFU.

Probably a good idea to have your overnight bag in the truck first.

LOL
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lots of users/ internet friends giving ya advice. This guys friends helped him out with his beard also. https://youtu.be/q03hNtdzNl8

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Rye77
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I wonder how many guys would accept when their wife comes up to announce they won't be "shaving anything any longer"...

Hmmm?

smile

I heard it several times, and took her to task... She folded long before I complained.

Oh, yeah. Women complain how they have to shave their pits and legs for "us". BS.

I could really GAS, but she still shaves.

This^^^. I dont lick legs and armpits.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Grow your beard and enjoy it young man, we work our asses off for our women, watch out for and protect them, would take a damn bullet and die for them, we certainly dont care what clothes, shoes they wear, or how they cut their hair or what purse to carry.

Trump Won!
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Seems pretty simple to me, my face = my choice.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx

This^^^. WTH is it with the freaking muzzy/ISIS look.

I think some guys want the SOCOM look. See it alot, hat with the subdued US flag, tactical pants and boots.

Not saying all or the OP are like that, I think a lot of dudes just do what is trendy.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Worn a beard for the last 40 or so winters. When its zero and the wind is blowing my beard sure feels warmer. Keeps the wind off my lower face. On days like today, I wouldn't be without it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'd grow a beard just for convenience if not for the fact that radiation killed about a 3rd of it many years ago. I don't care to look like I got the mange.

But this old gray beard ain't like the beard I used to have. Once it turns gray it's about like 12 lb test monofilament. A razor used to just wipe it off back when it had some color. Now I have to scratch at it until I'm bleedin' from 8 different places.

Shaving didn't used to suck. It does now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Desertranger
2legit2quit, Thanks for the advice. My wife assumes that you are not married. (No comment)

Oh I'm married alright, for 20 years in January (gulp)

but my wife says I'm barely married (bigger gulp)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Go ahead and complete the hipster look by wearing a man bun and a flannel shirt too.

Should have just said “Copy Tanner”

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Desertranger
Not the most pressing issue of our times, but need advice on how to win my wonderful wife over to accept a beard.

Is she going for the bearded lady act?

Or does she wear the pants and you can’t wipe your own azz without permission?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 64 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,136
Posts18,502,721
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.