Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
. Took four chemicals and 10 minutes to kill it.

??? You don't wear shoes?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by 340boy
however, black windows give me the creeps!

I don't like them either. Might as well just go with a solid wall.

Then move here to Australia.

NO wait...that is New Zealand!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Oops, they have them too...guessing you are screwed.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fireball2. -10 man points..... 24hr committee will review time frame to get em back😃😃😃

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see the occasional Black Widow when out in the barn, or greenhouse, or around an old wood pile. But, it's those damn Brown Recluse that I hate. We even have those in the house. I've sprayed, set out glue boards, but about once a year we'll see one. The outbuildings are full of them. and I spray them too. An exterminator told me that they are in every house, and about all that spraying does is just drive them deeper into the woodwork.

Last edited by JamesJr; 11/17/17.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
those things are faster than they look

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I see the occasional Black Widow when out in the barn, or greenhouse, or around an old wood pile. But, it's those damn Brown Recluse that I hate. We even have those in the house. I've sprayed, set out glue boards, but about once a year we'll see one. The outbuildings are full of them. and I spray them too. An exterminator told me that they are in every house, and about all that spraying does is just drive them deeper into the woodwork.

We have a lot of those dirt dobbers here.

Their mission in life is to kill black widow spiders and eat them.

I tolerate the dirt dobbers better than the black widow spiders.

I spray for insects a few times a year, and don't get too many insects in the house. Once the cross the barrier I spray, they are toast. May find an insect in the house now and again, but usually dead or dying.

Never quite understood being too scared of something you can easily outrun though. Snakes, spiders, mice, etc. If they bother you, stomp on them, or run away. No need to scream like a little girl... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a landscaper as well, and stick my hands into hundreds of valve boxes a year with black widows. Turn over all manner of things with black widows. This one freaked me out good because it was so big, and it would have been right in my armpit if I'd have slung that bag over my shoulder with a tanktop on, like I normally do when I head down to the river. Now I gotta bomb the garage.

To answer some of the posts-

Yes, I had shoes on.

Any of you internet heroes wanna head down I bet we can find another one. Let me cram it in your armpit and you tell me how that works out for you.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm a landscaper as well, and stick my hands into hundreds of valve boxes a year with black widows. Turn over all manner of things with black widows. This one freaked me out good because it was so big, and it would have been right in my armpit if I'd have slung that bag over my shoulder with a tanktop on, like I normally do when I head down to the river. Now I gotta bomb the garage.

To answer some of the posts-

Yes, I had shoes on.

Any of you internet heroes wanna head down I bet we can find another one. Let me cram it in your armpit and you tell me how that works out for you.

Don't panic, no one in their right mind wants to get fanged by anything.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Best Friend and I were Elk hunting in So. Colorado and were taking a mid day nap on a sunny cold windy day. I woke up and had a tarantula crawling on my leg, he had a few on him as well. It was actually Funny as all chitt , asked my buddy if he wanted me to shoot the one off his leg.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Holy fugg!!! - 10 more man points for the tank top. Blade runner on the man card revocation status.... 24hr committee getting a memo prepared😃😃😃

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Fireball2. -10 man points..... 24hr committee will review time frame to get em back😃😃😃

Sitting in a river bottom waiting for deer to walk by is a foreign concept to people that live and hunt out west. We actually have to hunt to fill our tag. Maybe you could explain how it works where you're at, where they have bulging man cards.

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
"Four chemicals and ten minutes" to kill a fuggin spider....YGBFKM....

This... smush....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I hunted out west in Colorado, waved a handkerchief at a 4x4 mulie 125yds away he stopped, drilled him 3 times thru the airbags with a peep sighted win 100 .308 furthest deer i ever killed in my life. You need to be careful, your at 0 balance on man card points right now and that 24hr committee is hawking you out dude😃😃😃

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Holy fugg!!! - 10 more man points for the tank top. Blade runner on the man card revocation status.... 24hr committee getting a memo prepared😃😃😃

Yeah, because nobody wears tank tops. We leave the wife-beaters to the guys down south.

You're a difficult guy to understand renegade.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/17/17.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Yeah, because nobody wears tank tops. We leave the wife-beaters to the guys down south.

Gawtdamm dude im just fugging with ya.... 😉 but........ the construction worker from the village people wore tank tops also, I don't own any. What color tank tops do you like? Maybe some of the guys on here without aracnophobia can set up a go fund me account for tank tops for you😃 jk....no no no no don't answer that! 0 man card balance points and the 24hr committee hawking you right now , don't answer that!!!!😃😃😃

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Gawtdamm dude im just fugging with ya.... 😉 but........ the construction worker from the village people wore tank tops also, I don't own any. What color tank tops do you like? Maybe some of the guys on here without aracnophobia can set up a go fund me account for tank tops for you😃 jk....no no no no don't answer that! 0 man card balance points and the 24hr committee hawking you right now , don't answer that!!!!😃😃😃

Did you wear wife beaters in

Sitting in a river bottom waiting for deer to walk by is a foreign concept to people that live and hunt out west. We actually have to hunt to fill our tag. Maybe you could explain how it works where you're at, where they have bulging man cards.

Could you explain what 'actually have to hunt' is. You know, for us lowly easterners.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glass, spot something , make a move if needed using terrain , make the shot. Be in good physical shape for some possible serious humping. We probably would have to put about 6- 8 clicks of elevation on our rigs for some better distance and play the wind also. Remember us hayseeds that hunt eastern whitetails have it way too easy😃😃😃

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glass, spot something , make a move if needed using terrain , make the shot. Be in good physical shape for some possible serious humping. We probably would have to put about 6- 8 clicks of elevation on our rigs for some better distance and play the wind also. Remember us hayseeds that hunt eastern whitetails have it way too easy😃😃😃

That "serious humping" kinda like "mounting yer trophy" ???????

GOA
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Only spiders I like are jumping spiders.
Had big barn funnel web dude in rose bed by front door.
Whopper.
I let him be until the ol lady said a medium one got in the house............so the other got the spray.
Lots of orb weavers..............don't like them, but leave them alone unless they set up shop on the house and crap everywhere.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (AnthonyB, bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 9 invisible), 1,285 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,234
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.