Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

That was the first mistake should have went thru general order.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

That was the first mistake should have went thru general order.

Can't get 60 votes to break the Dem's filibuster. The only path forward is through reconciliation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

It is becoming very clear that this tax deal is only for the rich and corporations.
Corporations don,t need a tax break, they have more money now than any time in history.
If you are going to pass tax change, middle income tax should have been permanent
Just shows Trump is out to help himself, not the rest of the middle class.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Would it help to understand how California and states with local and state personal income taxes pay a larger share of infrastructure cost instead of being a total drain on the Feds.... California being something like the 6th or maybe the 7th largest economy compared to countries not states, and who by the way do you think pays for infrastructure for those states that don't quite have such a large population... yup.

Get tired of all the complaining about taxes, specifically business taxes, most business have so many deductions, write-offs, subsidies, give away's and loop-holes that they don't pay any business taxes, in fact most are being paid just for being.

In fact only an idiot would think that it is business tax that is driving companies over seas, most cases its the opportunity for expansion and new business

Phil

You are wrong.

I'm currently involved iin an advisory role n the process of starting up a business with an investment in the several billion US$ range. The money is foreign. The difference between 35% taxes and 20% tax rate will make more than three full percentage points difference on the ROI. Which is the difference between invest here, or invest in a developing country. I do not expect the money to show up if the corp tax cut doesn't come through.

Simple math. If you have the money, you invest where you get the best return. Taxes make for lousy returns.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It is becoming very clear that this tax deal is only for the rich and corporations.
Corporations don,t need a tax break, they have more money now than any time in history.
If you are going to pass tax change, middle income tax should have been permanent
Just shows Trump is out to help himself, not the rest of the middle class.

You might want to reconsider that:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by djs

If Trump is for the Little guy why is the Corporate tax permanent and the middle class tax is temporary?
My son owns a small business, no tax break for him.
They estimate Trumps family will save over a billion dollars if this tax goes through.
I thought Republicans were for balanced budgets?
I heard that middle income families will save no money at all or will loose money on this plan.

It's estimated that Trump will save $2 billion under the new tax bill. No wonder he likes it!

The only reason the C-corp tax cut is permanent and the tax on pass through entities is not has to do with the need to pass this through the reconciliation process, and not through general order.

Anyone who says middle income families will not benefit is a liar.

Doubling the standard deduction and doubling the child tax credit will be benefit way more middle income families then the deductions eliminated.

As so what if Trump saves a billion or even two billion in taxes. What do you think he will do with that money, but invest it in more projects and start another 100 companies.

Two billion dollars in the private hands of Trump will create way more jobs than two more billion in the hand of the Federal Bureaucracy..

We don’t know what Trump does or doesn’t do with his money because he doesn’t show his Tax Returns.

Why do individual deductions lapse while Corporate deductions remain permanent? You say increased standard deductions will help middle class but you don’t respond to why they don’t remain permanent.

Will there be so much growth that the National Debt will be eliminated? Why didn’t this work at the state level in Louisiana and Kansas?

How come suddenly the deficit isn’t important?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'll be the first to admit I don't understand the tax code. I pay what I owe, and when I'm lucky I get a refund in the spring. Would I like my taxes to go down? Fuggin a. Am I willing to pay more now that I make more than I did as a broke ass 20 yo? Yeah, I am.

So states like CA and NY tax the living fugg out of their residents, who then get to claim that as a deduction on the fed taxes. New plan says, nope, local taxes are your own problem. I've got a hard time seeing how that's my fault. Or really, how you can justify that being written into the tax code?

Bingo. The new plan also aligns well with my reduced taxable income since retirement 2+ years ago and my investment scheme. Hpukk folks bitching about the low interest rates the banks are paying hurting their retirements or plans thereof. Wake the hpukk up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by djs

If Trump is for the Little guy why is the Corporate tax permanent and the middle class tax is temporary?
My son owns a small business, no tax break for him.
They estimate Trumps family will save over a billion dollars if this tax goes through.
I thought Republicans were for balanced budgets?
I heard that middle income families will save no money at all or will loose money on this plan.

It's estimated that Trump will save $2 billion under the new tax bill. No wonder he likes it!

The only reason the C-corp tax cut is permanent and the tax on pass through entities is not has to do with the need to pass this through the reconciliation process, and not through general order.

Anyone who says middle income families will not benefit is a liar.

Doubling the standard deduction and doubling the child tax credit will be benefit way more middle income families then the deductions eliminated.

As so what if Trump saves a billion or even two billion in taxes. What do you think he will do with that money, but invest it in more projects and start another 100 companies.

Two billion dollars in the private hands of Trump will create way more jobs than two more billion in the hand of the Federal Bureaucracy..

We don’t know what Trump does or doesn’t do with his money because he doesn’t show his Tax Returns.

Why do individual deductions lapse while Corporate deductions remain permanent? You say increased standard deductions will help middle class but you don’t respond to why they don’t remain permanent.

Will there be so much growth that the National Debt will be eliminated? Why didn’t this work at the state level in Louisiana and Kansas?

How come suddenly the deficit isn’t important?

The only way out of the deficit mess is to grow our way out by growing GDP and thus growing the tax base.

Revenue - expenses = loss/profit

Taxes and regulations increase expenses and serve as a drag on the loss/profit side of the equation. If you want to create more businesses so they can sell more goods, hire more people and increase the tax base, lower taxes and cut regulations.

The "optimum" tax rate partially depends upon your objective. Maximum growth is achieved around a combined rate of 15%, which would maximize long term tax revenue. Maximum short term tax revenue is maximized around a 28% combined rate.

As for what Trump does with his money, that was in the various financial disclosures he filed detailing all the businesses he owns, most of which he started.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/16/17.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm calling "Bs" on djs, if you are a Sub S and you aren't getting tax relief with the House Bill, fire your CPA. Because the pass through goes to your personal lower rate, and surely you have some capex every year and occasionally a large capex which lowers your rate even more. Now truthfully, after the 2 bills are reconciled who knows what stays, but 90% of sub s or llc's get relief. They cannot make the personal tax reductions permanent until they are able to cut back entitlement spending which would then give them the numbers they need to make the rules eligible under the reconciliation to fall into permanent status category.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Sharecropper
I'm calling "Bs" on djs, if you are a Sub S and you aren't getting tax relief with the House Bill, fire your CPA. Because the pass through goes to your personal lower rate, and surely you have some capex every year and occasionally a large capex which lowers your rate even more. Now truthfully, after the 2 bills are reconciled who knows what stays, but 90% of sub s or llc's get relief. They cannot make the personal tax reductions permanent until they are able to cut back entitlement spending which would then give them the numbers they need to make the rules eligible under the reconciliation to fall into permanent status category.

Give me half a loaf today.

I'll take the other half in a couple years.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

13 million Americans will lose their Health Insurance under this plan. Middle income tax plan is until 2025 and corporate is permanent,
high property tax states will get the shaft under this plan and any one with expensive medical issues will go bankrupt. This tax bill is
for corporations only. No corporate tax lope holes are being closed. No off shore tax havens are being closed. In 3 years we will have a
big tax increase paid for by the middle class.

Good Lord, the 13 million can't afford to access healthcare anyway by the time they pay the premium. Have you checked the friggen deductibles? GMAFB

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

All Sales tax hurts the poor/low income a lot more because they have to spend every penny to live.
the rich don,t spend most of their money.

One simple deduction takes care of that problem.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

It looks like Trump lied when he was campaigning, saying the new tax bill was for the middle class and would not help him.
looks like the exact opposite is happening. Plus congress is spending money we don,t have and giving it to corporations that
don,t need it. Why do you give a tax break to a corporation that has more money than any time in the history of the United
States? Have you seen where record numbers are sighing up for the affordable care act. Very easy to say you don,t need
insurance when it,s not you who is affected. Every one else will pay for the uninsured any way thru higher Hospital bills that other
insurance companies have to pay. Hospitals have to treat people, so some has to pay for it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

All Sales tax hurts the poor/low income a lot more because they have to spend every penny to live.
the rich don,t spend most of their money.

The liberal runs deep in you

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It looks like Trump lied when he was campaigning, saying the new tax bill was for the middle class and would not help him.
looks like the exact opposite is happening. Plus congress is spending money we don,t have and giving it to corporations that
don,t need it. Why do you give a tax break to a corporation that has more money than any time in the history of the United
States? Have you seen where record numbers are sighing up for the affordable care act. Very easy to say you don,t need
insurance when it,s not you who is affected. Every one else will pay for the uninsured any way thru higher Hospital bills that other
insurance companies have to pay. Hospitals have to treat people, so some has to pay for it.

I see you weren't paying attention to your intellectual superiors:

Originally Posted by denton
Why cut corporate taxes? Simple. Corporations don't really pay taxes. They collect them from their customers and pass the money on to the government. You pay them every time you buy a hamburger or a set of tires. It's simply a method of concealing the taxes, so people don't realize what they are actually paying.

That shell game works well enough, as long as the rates are pretty much in line with what the rest of the world is doing. As it is, ours are not. That forces the big international corporations to move jobs offshore, and it makes our products uncompetitive in the world market.

Cutting the corporate tax rate to 20% may be the single most important financial thing the government can do for the voters, though it's hard to convince the voters that is true.

It will result in the repatriation of billions of dollars held offshore, and it will create an influx of American jobs.

It's not the voters vs. the corporations. Both voters and corporations win with that cut.

As for the loss of some deductions, it's not that big a deal. The personal exemption is set to double. That's just a simplification: higher personal deduction, loss of some itemized deductions.

Loss of the deduction for state and local taxes is probably a good thing. As it is, that deduction takes some of the sting out of very high taxes in some blue states, and allows those state governments to get away with what they are doing. In effect, it's transferring money from the federal government to irresponsible state governments. So if you live in Texas, Utah, or other financially responsible state, you should be cheering at that prospect. Let those states bear their own tax burden, and let the peasants revolt in those states, and elect more fiscally responsible officials. As it is, your tax dollars are shielding those officials from the consequences of their folly.

Will the cuts increase the deficit? Maybe yes, maybe no. Short of doing something sensible like reducing spending, cutting taxes will stimulate the economy and may actually result in higher tax revenues.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
When your business is in the US and you pay high corporate taxes and compete against foreign companies with low taxes who are competing with you in your US market and your govt is trying to run you out of business with govt dictated hiring and firing and workers comp requirements and your competition has benefits provided by their government you are screwed.

Our countries move overseas to survive, not for the fun of it.

Try starting up a furniture making business here with our laws and taxes and employee hiring requirements workers comp, etc and see if you can compete against a furniture co from S America, China or Mexico.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by satx78247
Guntruck50,

Maybe CA needs to cut their spending & massively cut state/local taxes. Furthermore, the House version makes the individual tax cuts permanent, too.

We Texicans passed a Constitutional amendment, long ago, that FORBIDS a state income tax. = Maybe you CA folks should DEMAND that taxes/give-away programs need trimming/abolishing OR you could stop complaining about hjow high your state/local taqxes are.

The rest of the USA doesn't want to support CA/NY/MA with OUR tax $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
(There's NO such thing as "federal aid", as it's ALL the taxpayer's money.)

y7ours, satx

I don't think you understand just how much of the country California (and texas) subsidizes. California is the largest payer of federal tax by a considerable amount with Texas second and then it drops like a rock. Who do you think pays for every federal program in the middle of this country?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
When your business is in the US and you pay high corporate taxes and compete against foreign companies with low taxes who are competing with you in your US market and your govt is trying to run you out of business with govt dictated hiring and firing and workers comp requirements and your competition has benefits provided by their government you are screwed.

Our countries move overseas to survive, not for the fun of it.

Try starting up a furniture making business here with our laws and taxes and employee hiring requirements workers comp, etc and see if you can compete against a furniture co from S America, China or Mexico.

A few years back I considered opening a business. The numbers look pretty good until I factored in the cost added by all the various regulations. Once I allowed the for regs, there was no way I could make a profit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paradiddle

I don't think you understand just how much of the country California (and texas) subsidizes. California is the largest payer of federal tax by a considerable amount with Texas second and then it drops like a rock. Who do you think pays for every federal program in the middle of this country?

Well, when it comes to the federal highway trust fund, paid for by the federal gas tax, my home state of Indiana is a donor state, paying more into the program than we receive.

How many people you got in California NOT paying taxes? A heck of a lot more than the middle of the country.....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

California pays more to the federal government than it receives. I ran a small business for 34 years before I retired.
plus 27 years in regular Army and National Guard. So I have a few ideas as to what goes on. California is
spending a lot of money on mass transit, the new water tunnel to divert more water to southern Cal. and
State pensions, which are out of control. To me the economy is just fine we have very little unemployment in California.
All the companies I know of are making plenty of money, so why the corporate tax deduction. If you really want to
stimulate the economy give the middle class all the tax reduction, and forget the corporate tax cut. They have to much money
anyway.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 12 invisible), 973 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,411
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.