-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are the jumping spiders those little woolly ones with the short legs? They generally amuse me, and I find them all my deerstands. They'll run around and play peekaboo with you. They enjoy driving my 8yr old crazy, and it's a wonder we see anything after a spider shows up. She's about ready to bail out after that.....

Any other spider besides a longlegs or those little woolly buggers, and I'd rather be dealing with a snake. Spiders are the devil.....

Now with even more aplomb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Was one of the chemicals used LSD? grin

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye
Only spiders I like are jumping spiders.
Had big barn funnel web dude in rose bed by front door.
Whopper.
I let him be until the ol lady said a medium one got in the house............so the other got the spray.
Lots of orb weavers..............don't like them, but leave them alone unless they set up shop on the house and crap everywhere.

Gotta love when walking thru overgrown field pheasant hunting and get a giant orb weaver right in the face.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Black widow venom ain't that bad. Far from some of the most toxic stuff. Damn rare that it kills anymore with modern medicine. When someone dies it's usually cause the heart gives out in response to the pain as a bad bite will force all your skeletal muscles to cramp up all at once. Won't kill you 99.99% but you may spend bout 24 to 36 hours begging someone to kill you but rarely has lasting effects.

Only critter I'm remotely paranoid over is ticks but that took one of the lil [bleep] giving me a nasty bacteria with it's bite.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
Are the jumping spiders those little woolly ones with the short legs? They generally amuse me, and I find them all my deerstands. They'll run around and play peekaboo with you. They enjoy driving my 8yr old crazy, and it's a wonder we see anything after a spider shows up. She's about ready to bail out after that.....

Any other spider besides a longlegs or those little woolly buggers, and I'd rather be dealing with a snake. Spiders are the devil.....

Jumping spiders are cool. They are the only ones I won't go out of my way to kill. I've heard that they also help keep house flies and other insects under control?

Last edited by 340boy; 11/17/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah don't make webs. Had a large one decide to.call my bedroom home at one point, would watch him stalk flies all the time, kept to himself patrolling where the walls and ceiling met. Usually take him 2 hours to make the circuit around if he didn't find anything.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rattler
Black widow venom ain't that bad. Far from some of the most toxic stuff. Damn rare that it kills anymore with modern medicine. When someone dies it's usually cause the heart gives out in response to the pain as a bad bite will force all your skeletal muscles to cramp up all at once. Won't kill you 99.99% but you may spend bout 24 to 36 hours begging someone to kill you but rarely has lasting effects.

Only critter I'm remotely paranoid over is ticks but that took one of the lil [bleep] giving me a nasty bacteria with it's bite.

Hell yeah. That doesnt sound bad at all.

Hey Rattler, glad to see you post again. Hope you are doing ok and stick around more.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by renegade50
Holy fugg!!! - 10 more man points for the tank top. Blade runner on the man card revocation status.... 24hr committee getting a memo prepared๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yeah, because nobody wears tank tops. We leave the wife-beaters to the guys down south.

You're a difficult guy to understand renegade.

Who wears tank tops in November in Oregon ?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Walmartians

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I see the occasional Black Widow when out in the barn, or greenhouse, or around an old wood pile. But, it's those damn Brown Recluse that I hate. We even have those in the house. I've sprayed, set out glue boards, but about once a year we'll see one. The outbuildings are full of them. and I spray them too. An exterminator told me that they are in every house, and about all that spraying does is just drive them deeper into the woodwork.

I found glue boards most effective. I put them against base boards in a dark place.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
[Linked Image]

Who is this?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Parked my truck under a hawthorn bush earlier this year before walking to the stand. Got out, changed into hunting gear and started walking, felt something on my neck, brushed it aside, kept walking. Then I felt it again and kind of swatted/rolled my hand across it and whatever it was scampered up my arm. I saw it wacked it without thinking and slung it on the ground.

Turned out to be a grape sized black widow, the biggest I have ever seen. How it didn't bite my neck or hand I have no clue. Went on to the stand and upon coming back to the truck, right over my door was her ugly mess of a web. WTH she was doing there I have no clue but got quite lucky I reckon.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm a landscaper as well, and stick my hands into hundreds of valve boxes a year with black widows. Turn over all manner of things with black widows. This one freaked me out good because it was so big, and it would have been right in my armpit if I'd have slung that bag over my shoulder with a tanktop on, like I normally do when I head down to the river. Now I gotta bomb the garage.

To answer some of the posts-

Yes, I had shoes on.

Any of you internet heroes wanna head down I bet we can find another one. Let me cram it in your armpit and you tell me how that works out for you.

Iโ€™ll stick to deodorant. Thanks

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My three year old had a brown recluse crawling on him. He didnโ€™t scream.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Holy fugg!!! - 10 more man points for the tank top. Blade runner on the man card revocation status.... 24hr committee getting a memo prepared๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yeah, because nobody wears tank tops. We leave the wife-beaters to the guys down south.

You're a difficult guy to understand renegade.

Heโ€™s a transplant. Nothing funnier than an idiot acting Yankee down south.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glass, spot something , make a move if needed using terrain , make the shot. Be in good physical shape for some possible serious humping. We probably would have to put about 6- 8 clicks of elevation on our rigs for some better distance and play the wind also. Remember us hayseeds that hunt eastern whitetails have it way too easy๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Iโ€™ve been seriously humping for months. It s cost me two inches in the waist too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took four chemicals and 10 minutes to kill it.

Nerves are shot. Damn that thing was nasty.

Dude... WTF is wrong with you?
Seriously...It's just a fugg'n bug.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by poboy
Was one of the chemicals used LSD? grin

Heโ€™s got PTSD now from the encounter.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This has been an entertaining thread.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, i was going to try and post some pics of my Babe jumping out of the truck the other day and landing by a freaking 4 foot rattler but fuggit. I was driving down the old pipeline toward the Pecos and that sob was hauling ass llike crazy just right near ahead of my drivers tire when i saw it. Now did that sucker go crazy hauling ass because it saw, heard, or felt my truck approaching? Second time ive seen that in my life. Anyone else seen such?
Anyway, i was too close to stop before i was onit so i hit the brakes a bit as it pulled to the left to hit it. I went on a bit so i was passed it before stopping so when my son stepped out he wouldnt be on it. The ground was soft post rain and when son got out it was halling tail for brush by the riggt of way. Son fired at it and i guess a few pellets hit its head and addled it . I got out knowing it was history way behind the truck. Of course Babe bailed to go for quail. Dayom snake was just behind the truck coiled. I guess it had struck and hung to something and rode forward with us. As Babe went behind truck to go with son she was going to run over snake. Dayom. Im hollering at her to get back and shes wondering wtf is wrong with me and watching me and trying to walk over that dayomed rattler. I jumped and bumped her with my gun barrel to keep her off the snake and shes thinking ive gone apeschitt crazy (like ASniper). Dayom. Got my nerves on edge for sure.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 30 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.