Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

Question, B, How well does 18' tall river cane burn next spring when it's cut down, stacked, dried and cured?
Asking because you have a fire pit, as I recall.
I'm not familiar with cane but ... just wondering, that's all.

Dave
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by highwayman
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

Question, B, How well does 18' tall river cane burn next spring when it's cut down, stacked, dried and cured?

Oh,...it burns. It pops loud enough to ring even my worn out old ears when one of the segments explode, too.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Oh,...it burns. It pops loud enough to ring even my worn out old ears when one of the segments explode, too.

How about a cordless sawz-all type saw? Coupla spare batteries, or just rest while the one battery is recharging.

Dave
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I place a value on the friendships that are to be had on the internet. They often translate into face to face friendships as time goes on.

Your 1st mistake was ignoring my courteous and helpful advice.

Your 2nd mistake was ignoring my courteous and helpful advice.

Your 3rd mistake lies in your post above ^^^ if you're here for meaningful friendships and outdoor man-dates, no wonder you're disappointed.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

How about a cordless sawz-all type saw? Coupla spare batteries, or just rest while the one battery is recharging.

Big difference is one way you stand and the other you’re squatting or kneeling. Good idea though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

I place a value on the friendships that are to be had on the internet. They often translate into face to face friendships as time goes on.

Your 3rd mistake lies in your post above ^^^ if you're here for meaningful friendships and outdoor man-dates, no wonder you're disappointed.

Bwana, you're just like so many others. All cuteness and no real honesty.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I think his feelers are hurt because not everyone hates reefer here.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

That would definitely work. So would a chain saw. But I want to cut the stuff pretty close to the ground and I'm too old and gimpy to be crawling around on the ground to cut it with that.

I need a saw with a long handle.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Speaking of "Den of Vipers",...here's another reason to cut a cane patch with a long handled saw.

https://srelherp.uga.edu/snakes/crohor.htm

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've long thought that the 'anger' and harassment is quite deliberate. Too many good people here that actually do fun and interesting things. That just upsets the liberals and democrats who have nothing positive to offer and they take it out here where they can hide while slinging insults. The fact that most of the topics deal with firearms really grates on their nerves, how dare we enjoy such evil things. I have been using the ignore button more in 2017 than in all the years before. I still appreciate Rick and this site, thank you Mr. Bin

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bristoe, consider this. You have a sustainable crop of strong, large diameter cane and a lifetime of machining experience. I envision a creative and aesthetic line of handcrafted bongs. Perhaps you could find someone in the doper infested PNW to help you market them in that lucrative environment. The ensuing profits would pay for cheap labor and you could buy an antique boss's chair from which to supervise your minions.

Choose your laborers carefully as I don't recall the cotton industry doing us any favors in that area.

you are welcome,

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Bristoe, consider this. You have a sustainable crop of strong, large diameter cane and a lifetime of machining experience. I envision a creative and aesthetic line of handcrafted bongs. Perhaps you could find someone in the doper infested PNW to help you market them in that lucrative environment. The ensuing profits would pay for cheap labor and you could buy an antique boss's chair from which to supervise your minions.

Choose your laborers carefully as I don't recall the cotton industry doing us any favors in that area.

you are welcome,

mike r

Plenty of dope around these parts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Me neither Bigfish. But im astounded to hear of your near death experience at this time. Dayom. Praise be to the Lord (AFAIC) you survived that. This place would be a whole hell of a lot less without your input here for sure. I am truly happy you survived that and am sorry to hear you went through it.

Well thankfully I'm not allergic. And that I was young enough to not remember most of it.

Sometime remind you to tell the bear-bee story. It's like the "bear-jew" story in "Inglorious Basterds."

HINT: There's no real bear.

Come on BF, give. We'er waiting now. Please?

Aight. Right after I graduated in '07 I came out here to Seattle with my mom to check out the place and see if I'd like it. We were exploring the Mt. Rainier area on some mountain road in the middle of nowhere. I got out of the vehicle to go take a picture. Some giant wasp starts flying around me and I said "Fugck that noise!" and made a bee-line (pun intended) for the car. I must have been screaming because when I made it to the car I hopped in, slammed the door and locked the locks and mom starts yelling "Where's the bear?!?!?"

If it flies, it dies. I don't like things with wings, venom and stingers.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

Sweet Jesus. This thread is epic.

Yo Fireball... I been throwing my seeds on your lawn. Springtime should be fun.

#Victims4ever

GFY,

Dave

Originally Posted by deflave
You are my favorite minority.

GFY!

Clark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bwana, you're just like so many others. All cuteness and no real honesty.

It's the internet, don't take things so personally...in the end it's all BS.

If I were gay, I'd date a Canadian smile

[
It is about you, the Fire is here your your personal call out for emotional attention. In reality you started the thread hoping other members would bash the chiit out of your attackers, thus being the same POS troll you complain about on CNN.

You need to find a constructive outlet for your confusion and loneliness, I'd start with family and church...you "preach" a good game of BS religion, but make no effort to live that way. You're a typical internet troll hoping to find satisfaction in forum friends, while causing havoc and sicourse in your own home...so I agree 100% with your below statement:

Why are you here ?, what are you looking for ?, do you really think it will be fulfilled here ?, do you value internet friends over reality and substance ?...your family is in the other room, move on with your life.

And now is where your real self exposes itself, insults from you and ridiculous claims to justify your stance....all hoping for conversation and interaction, as long as we agree with you.

This after you tell other members "fugg you", and threw insults also...but you'll quip with a justified defending myself. You can't make rules that only apply to you, actually you can't even make rules here.

You're searching for something you won't find here, you're playing the victim when you deserved the penalty.

Just how much "real honesty" would you like from me in 1 fuggin thread !!!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Honesty? From a guy who posted another member's personal and work info here?

The OP is either trolling for attention from a bunch of people that hate him and is doing an excellent job... or he's really the victim here. You know, because bullying is a thing REAL men need emotional support for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrackerJack723

The OP is either trolling for attention from a bunch of people that hate him and is doing an excellent job... or he's really the victim here. You know, because bullying is a thing REAL men need emotional support for.

I hate to say it, but this sums it up for me. Dude farts in the room and then complains of the odor.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari

I hate to say it, but this sums it up for me. Dude farts in the room and then complains of the odor.

We’re just a bunch of hippies !

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Always nice to see a sock puppet join the dogpile. I guess it counts as another? Does anyone know for sure?

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by hatari

We’re just a bunch of hippies !

No, that's Ganja. Hope the OP has a good weedeater. Because not only does Ganja have the dankest memes, but he's got the dankest of the dank stink weed. And Firegirl is gonna have some skunk growing in her yard come spring if Ganja is dumping seeds in her yard.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 8 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.