Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

California pays more to the federal government than it receives. I ran a small business for 34 years before I retired.
plus 27 years in regular Army and National Guard. So I have a few ideas as to what goes on. California is
spending a lot of money on mass transit, the new water tunnel to divert more water to southern Cal. and
State pensions, which are out of control. To me the economy is just fine we have very little unemployment in California.
All the companies I know of are making plenty of money, so why the corporate tax deduction. If you really want to
stimulate the economy give the middle class all the tax reduction, and forget the corporate tax cut. They have to much money
anyway.

Since you feel your taxes are too low, please feel free to make a donation to the US Treasury to help reduce our public debt. I've included the link for you below:

https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/23779454

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

New independent tax numbers say Senate tax bill will add 2.5 Trillion to our debt in 10 years.
Many families who make under $75,000 will get no tax relief. Despite what Trump says.
What we are doing is taking out a 2.5 Trillion dollar loan that yours and my young people are going to
have to pay off. Just for the record California reported today the unemployment is at the lowest in 30 years.
I don,t see how it can need any more stimulation at all. We should be paying off the Federal debt not increasing it.
Someone in Washington is smoking the good stuff.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jaguartx
in C corps and not on small business S Corps? And at the same time it would cut the throats of small businesses by dropping the deductions for state and local taxes. YGBSM.

So, the rinos truly are trying to throw the mid terms to the dimocraps in order to save the swamp.

Well, it is supposed to cut middle-class and high-income taxpayers taxes; only after a decade the middle-class tax savings will evaporate BUT (here's the good part), the high-income taxpayers will still get the big savings!!! You only have to get into the top income bracket to get the benefit, so what's holding you back?

Unfortunately, my CPA says that my taxes on my retirement income will be higher (as he reads the proposed bill) unless Congress re-writes the bill.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Only made that much money when I was In Iraq. Well I guess I,ll be worse off than I thought,retired in 2010.

Last edited by GunTruck50; 11/18/17.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It looks like Trump lied when he was campaigning, saying the new tax bill was for the middle class and would not help him.
looks like the exact opposite is happening. Plus congress is spending money we don,t have and giving it to corporations that
don,t need it. Why do you give a tax break to a corporation that has more money than any time in the history of the United
States? Have you seen where record numbers are sighing up for the affordable care act. Very easy to say you don,t need
insurance when it,s not you who is affected. Every one else will pay for the uninsured any way thru higher Hospital bills that other
insurance companies have to pay. Hospitals have to treat people, so some has to pay for it.

You are the one lying, not Trump. How the new tax bill will help the middle class has been posted by several. You have no understanding of how lower corporate taxes lowers what the middle class pays for goods and everyone benefits.
You are talking about a new tax bill that has not even been passed. You have no idea what the final law will be. Bitching because the House version is only good for 10 years? Give me a break!

Record numbers are desperate for insurance and signing up for Ocare because much better healthcare is still being held captive by the Senate Democrats.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/18/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by djs

If Trump is for the Little guy why is the Corporate tax permanent and the middle class tax is temporary?
My son owns a small business, no tax break for him.
They estimate Trumps family will save over a billion dollars if this tax goes through.
I thought Republicans were for balanced budgets?
I heard that middle income families will save no money at all or will loose money on this plan.

It's estimated that Trump will save $2 billion under the new tax bill. No wonder he likes it!

The only reason the C-corp tax cut is permanent and the tax on pass through entities is not has to do with the need to pass this through the reconciliation process, and not through general order.

Anyone who says middle income families will not benefit is a liar.

Doubling the standard deduction and doubling the child tax credit will be benefit way more middle income families then the deductions eliminated.

As so what if Trump saves a billion or even two billion in taxes. What do you think he will do with that money, but invest it in more projects and start another 100 companies.

Two billion dollars in the private hands of Trump will create way more jobs than two more billion in the hand of the Federal Bureaucracy..

Funny how some on here do not want to understand the simple truth.
Economic growth and less gov. spending is the only way to balanced the budget.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'm still waiting for Ronny's "trickle down" BS to work and can't see
how Trump's BS will work for me.

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
We've gone from a 90-95% tax rate to pay off war debt, some countries have just recently paid it off, some haven't and never will... since then the country has nearly tripled, infrastructure now exist that was never thought of back then, we've started and fought quite a few wars since, not to mention fighting one now for nearly 17 years, and building up forces for fighting in 7 more handing out military equipment like its candy... now they want to build up the military like never before.

Not complaining, but this tax deal is going to backfire and disappoint everyone!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see a lot of "me, me, me, me, me" on this thread...pretty selfish IMO to put your own desires and wishes in front of the country's....regardless of whether you think the tax laws to be would help or hurt the economy.

As far as tax breaks for the rich...why the hell should they be taxed more just because they are "rich"? They already get taxed way the hell more than the common man. That's a liberal ass way to do business. I'd like to see a flatter tax rate %. That'd make things more "fair" for everyone which is what so many liberals want.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger

Well then you just don't see very much. Ronny's "trickle down BS" created a huge surge of economic growth, about twice as much yearly as we have now.

And if you tax corporations twice as much as any other country (which basically we do now), where do you think they will build new plants? Who will provide people like you with jobs? Maybe the tooth fairy.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

New independent tax numbers say Senate tax bill will add 2.5 Trillion to our debt in 10 years.
Many families who make under $75,000 will get no tax relief. Despite what Trump says.
What we are doing is taking out a 2.5 Trillion dollar loan that yours and my young people are going to
have to pay off. Just for the record California reported today the unemployment is at the lowest in 30 years.
I don,t see how it can need any more stimulation at all. We should be paying off the Federal debt not increasing it.
Someone in Washington is smoking the good stuff.

Too bad you didn't learn economics in school.

First, the estimate is 1.5 trillion, not 2.5. And that's before considering GROWTH in the economy (which grows tax revenue).

Second, ALMOST ALL families making under $75,000 will pay lower taxes.

Third, your low unemployment is due in large part to dead end barista jobs, while highly paid manufacturing jobs have left your state. Many highly paid workers have also left, including me. If you want them back--and if the whole US wants them back--lower corporate taxes.

Lower taxes will cause more business investment, which any fool knows will cause more hiring. If you have full employment, that will cause higher wages. Supply and demand.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I hope youre right. As i understand state and federal taxes will not be deductible and will place undue burden on many small corps. That has been discussed on several conservative and business programs, and i dont claim to be an economics expert.
I would prefer corporate tax rates under 20%.

Iirc Ireland went to 15% and their growth rate went up over 6%.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

The only ones going to benefit from lower corporations is Stock holders, and Corporations. Trickly down Theory is bogus.
Why have they not had hearings about the new tax law? Because the Republicans want to slide this thru without
the public knowing wants in the bill. That's why I don,t know whats in the bill because the Republicans are conceling
it. Why don,t they switch and make the middle class tax cut permanent and the corporate temporary. Cause the
Republicans don,t care about the middle class. If you make over $75,000 life is good. But it gets really good if
you make a lot more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As long as there has been people, the rulers and their associate's have thrived on the working class's labor, while the worthless and helpless provide nothing. The only thing that has changed is that those worthless people now elect the rulers.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
If corporations make more money they don't stuff it in a mattress. They expand. You see, that's the only thing that makes their stock go up.

If they expand they hire more people.

If they hire people they pay them wages.

What's wrong with paying people more wages?

Right now US corporations are stockpiling $5 trillion of money earned in other companies overseas, because of our non-competitive tax rates.

Do you want them to bring that back and invest it here or do you prefer China or Mexico?

And the word is "trickle," not "trickly."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
If corporations make more money they don't stuff it in a mattress. They expand. You see, that's the only thing that makes their stock go up.

Right now US corporations are stockpiling $5 trillion of money earned in other companies overseas, because of our non-competitive tax rates.

Do you want them to bring that back and invest it here or do you prefer China or Mexico?

You're absolutely right. Does it require small business and individual taxes to increase for that to happen?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You're absolutely right. Does it require small business and individual taxes to increase for that to happen?

Somebody's gotta pay for everything in meanwhile, right? Lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You working sumbiches got three choices. Get rich, get poor or STFU and pay the other two.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just tell the liberals

"we have to pass it to see what's in it"

they're on board with that strategy

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger

Republican trickle down philosophy:" If you keep stuffing a horse with oats, something eventually comes out the other end for the sparrows in the street"

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,243 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.