Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A U.S. Border Patrol agent died Sunday morning as a result of injuries sustained while on patrol in the Big Bend Sector, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release.

Two agents in the Van Horn Station area, near Interstate 10, were responding to an activity that was not explained in the release. The release did not state the time the incident occurred, or what caused the agent's injuries.

Agent Rogelio Martinez and his partner reported they both had been injured and needed assistance. Agents responded and both were transported to an area hospital, the release states. Agent Martinez later died of his injuries, his unidentified partner was still in serious condition at the unnamed hospital.

Culberson County Sheriff's Office deputies aided agents in securing the scene and members from the agency's special operations group joined air and marine operations in searching for suspects. The FBI is also investigating.

A Culberson sheriff's office spokesman said deputies were still investigating and could not comment. Attempts to reach agency personnel for comment have been unsuccessful.

This is a breaking news story that will be updated as information becomes available.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Vehicle wreck?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Dangerous out there

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
read that earlier today, they sure are being hush hush on details.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chispa Road runs along the River from Candelaria to a paved Ranch Road near Lobos. Find Valentine Tx on google earth and move SW to the River and you can see the roughest terrain on the Border. The Agents don’t even try to Patrol it’s length because it is so prone to washouts as to be impassable in many spots.

They rely on sensors and respond to alerts from them. This is the most troublesome area for the Van Horn guys and likely to be where they got in trouble.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No real updates yet, but FWIW, the President, Acting Chief of DHS and Senator Cruz have weighed in with condolences and promises of action...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
More unnecessary waste of good lives. I hope this is the impetus needed to SECURE OUR FUQING BORDER. No more trading useless illegals for good men.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Vehicle wreck?

With SWAT and FBI getting involved? I guess it could be, but sounds more nefarious.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

More guns from Operation Fast and Furious?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
bump

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Border agent killed, partner injured by illegal immigrants using rocks, report says

Rocks? How did they get close enough to armed LEO to kill him with rocks?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/2...-immigrants-using-rocks-report-says.html

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well some rocks can be vertical, big and fast if set as a trap and released.....

but then again lets give it some time.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fox says it happened on the Interstate Hwy 10

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He was on Interstate 10 near Mile Marker 151 when the incident occurred.

East of Van Horn. Not far from John Conoly Road.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Latest suggestions are they fell 14 ft into a drainage culvert and that the scene was pretty gory. Still awaiting details.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The falling culvert theory is not breaking news. It was considered a possibility from the word go. Responding agents damn near took a header as they approached.

The people claiming rocks were used don't have anything to do with the investigation.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm guessing somebody spit the word "rock" at some news hack that wouldn't back off and they bit, and that lit the bamboo telegraph.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
The falling culvert theory is not breaking news. It was considered a possibility from the word go. Responding agents damn near took a header as they approached.

The people claiming rocks were used don't have anything to do with the investigation.

Dave

Maybe, maybe not. Sources close to there say it was an attack. Ambush was the word they used. Maybe they pushed the agents into a concrete drainage ditch, or any number of scenarios. Until an official press release comes out, even my buds with the BP 30 miles from there don't know all the details.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I'm guessing somebody spit the word "rock" at some news hack that wouldn't back off and they bit, and that lit the bamboo telegraph.

The guy that said it was attack with rocks is the Border Patrol Union spokesman. He may or may not have known anything. If he didn't, they need to get a new spokesman.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (Anaconda, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 8 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.