Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Trouble is Corporations have not raised wages in 20 years to their empolyees. How ever management wages have gone into
the millions. Corporations have stuck the money in mattress. They have largest amount of cash ever recorded right now
and aren't spending it. So what will they do with more money? Probably buy back more stock, and not spend it. Or spend
it in some foreign country.

And WHY IS THAT?

The answer: TAXES. A corporation pays 35% on it's income, and then the stock holder pays up to 39% tax on that dividend income.

Think about that for a second. The Federal government gets 35% of all the profit of corporations in this country, and then 39% of the 65% that is left after that. I don't know about you, but that is screaming NUTS.

If, on the other hand, the corporation buys back stock, at least the increased stock price is taxed at a capital gains rate, and the tax is deferred until the stock is sold.

Any time the tax rules change the behavior of companies or individuals, the tax rules hurt the economy.

K
Originally Posted by knivesforme
Just so the numbers are on the board and some think your subsidizing the idiots in California, here are the numbers. California is the 46 least dependent state on Federal Money. Is your state a higher number than 46 or lower? Then tell me your subsidizing California!
I read posts from those in Colorado, Montana and Texas?

Rank
(1 = Most Dependent)

State

Total Score

‘State Residents’ Dependency’ Rank

‘State Government’s Dependency’ Rank
1 Kentucky 76.16 6 5
2 Mississippi 75.59 7 1
3 New Mexico 73.88 3 17
4 Alabama 72.45 4 14
5 West Virginia 68.97 5 15
6 South Carolina 68.17 2 31
7 Montana 65.91 14 4
8 Tennessee 61.76 20 3
9 Maine 61.02 13 9
10 Indiana 59.18 7 23
11 Arizona 59.08 15 11
12 Louisiana 55.39 40 2
13 South Dakota 53.57 24 7
14 Missouri 52.66 31 6
15 Oregon 51.51 23 10
16 Georgia 49.81 34 8
17 Idaho 49.64 19 19
18 Vermont 49.56 18 20
19 Wyoming 48.80 26 12
20 Maryland 48.18 11 32
21 Oklahoma 47.78 21 18
22 Pennsylvania 46.15 17 30
23 Alaska 45.81 10 40
24 Rhode Island 45.05 36 16
25 Florida 43.84 27 22
26 Ohio 42.25 45 13
27 Arkansas 42.12 38 21
28 North Carolina 41.63 32 25
29 Hawaii 41.63 9 46
30 Iowa 41.38 33 26
31 Wisconsin 41.09 16 38
32 North Dakota 40.46 1 50
33 Michigan 40.43 35 27
34 New York 37.65 44 24
35 Texas 36.81 42 28
36 Washington 35.32 30 33
37 Colorado 35.20 29 34
38 Virginia 34.43 12 49
39 Nebraska 33.78 47 29
40 Utah 33.28 28 35
41 New Hampshire 31.11 37 36
42 Connecticut 27.80 22 48
43 Massachusetts 27.36 46 37
44 Nevada 26.94 25 47
45 Kansas 25.39 39 45
46 California 25.36 41 43
47 Illinois 23.96 48 41
48 New Jersey 23.84 49 39
49 Minnesota 23.09 43 44
50 Delaware 21.32 50 42

It would be easier to say, most red states are welfare states subsidized by mostly blue states. Those numbers have been largely unchanged year after year.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Trouble is Corporations have not raised wages in 20 years to their empolyees. How ever management wages have gone into
the millions. Corporations have stuck the money in mattress. They have largest amount of cash ever recorded right now
and aren't spending it. So what will they do with more money? Probably buy back more stock, and not spend it. Or spend
it in some foreign country.

And WHY IS THAT?

The answer: TAXES. A corporation pays 35% on it's income, and then the stock holder pays up to 39% tax on that dividend income.

Any corporation that ACTUALLY pays 35% fed taxes needs to fire their accountants immediately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes however, we in CA have always been able to write off our high state taxes on our Federal return, that means a Californian who pays high State taxes to support the whacky liberal agenda, and services for illegals, then get to write those high taxes off on their Fed, meaning the Californian who makes 100K a year, pays less in Fed taxes than those in Nevada that make the same 100K.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe its time to do a 4-5 year phase out of state taxes in an attempt to put the squeeze on the out of control spending. Bottom line is whatever tax bill gets passed - if any - will keep the conversation and legislation going into the the next series of reforms.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

It would be easier to say, most red states are welfare states subsidized by mostly blue states. Those numbers have been largely unchanged year after year.

States don't receive welfare, people do.

Blue states don't subsidize anything, higher income taxpayers in every state subsidize welfare rats in every state. California has a high number of high income taxpayers, the states at the top of the dependency list have a high number of people on welfare. Mississippi has the most blacks of any state in the union, South Carolina is #2. Montana and New Mexico have high numbers of Indians. See the connection?

Someone in Mississippi making $250K a year pays the same in federal taxes as someone in California making $250K a year (actually the Californian pays a bit less as Barkoff explained), they're both subsidizing welfare recipients and what state they're from means nothing. An economist would call your statement "lying with statistics", your premise is B.S. because states don't pay taxes, individuals do.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Yes however, we in CA have always been able to write off our high state taxes on our Federal return, that means a Californian who pays high State taxes to support the whacky liberal agenda, and services for illegals, then get to write those high taxes off on their Fed, meaning the Californian who makes 100K a year, pays less in Fed taxes than those in Nevada that make the same 100K.

Which hopefully goes away. State Income Taxes should not be deducted.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think of it this way. If the middle class paid ZERO Fed/State income taxes, the "big corporations" would profit out the ying yang. Big company comes to town and brings 100 jobs, whoopiephuqqindoo.....locality is going to suck their ass to get them there. Take the middle class population of the same place and up their take home by 15% and watch out.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Blue states don't subsidize anything, higher income taxpayers in every state subsidize welfare rats in every state. California has a high number of high income taxpayers, the states at the top of the dependency list have a high number of people on welfare. Mississippi has the most blacks of any state in the union, South Carolina is #2. Montana and New Mexico have high numbers of Indians. See the connection?

Someone in Mississippi making $250K a year pays the same in federal taxes as someone in California making $250K a year (actually the Californian pays a bit less as Barkoff explained), they're both subsidizing welfare recipients and what state they're from means nothing. An economist would call your statement "lying with statistics", your premise is B.S. because states don't pay taxes, individuals do.

Don't be so stupid.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Don't be so stupid.

Trust me, you ain't got competition in that category.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Don't be so stupid.

What do you call it, Bright Eyes, when a state receives more in federal money than it pays in in federal money? I call it entitlement, welfare, subsidies, general pork.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Those numbers are HEAVILY skewed by PILT and Indian affairs money in the case of Idaho.

Despite the significant PILT and Indian money, Colorado became a donor state almost 20 years ago--it was much ballyhooed in the state newspapers.

It's doable, just have to watch the federal land subsidies that western states are so dependent on.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Don't be so stupid.

What do you call it, Bright Eyes, when a state receives more in federal money than it pays in in federal money? I call it entitlement, welfare, subsidies, general pork.

Here in Idaho, we call it getting Californicated...

figure that:

1.) 39% of the Social Security and Medicare payments we receive are from Californians who moved here post retirement, and;
2.) 60.1% of the trucking on the Interstates that pass through here that we don't want or need are bound to, or come from, California, and;
3.) some 27% of the cost of the Idaho National Labs is storing nuclear waste from California, and;
4.) 44% of the federal subsidies to our farmers is because of the damage to our aquifer from "3" above, and;
5.) 21% of federal payment to our farmer and ranchers is to compensate for regulations that require our waters to flow right by us so they can be used in California...

and you see our point...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It's called a debtor state. The states that contribute more fed taxes than receive are called donor states.

Everybody from Cali on down are donor states,, the rest of ya' are welfare recepients..........

[Linked Image]

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Journeyman
[

Here in Idaho, we call it getting Californicated...

figure that:

1.) 39% of the Social Security and Medicare payments we receive are from Californians who moved here post retirement, and;
2.) 60.1% of the trucking on the Interstates that pass through here that we don't want or need are bound to California, and;
3.) some 27% of the cost of the Idaho National Labs is storing nuclear waste from California, and;
4.) 44% of the federal subsidies to our farmers is because of the damage to our aquifer from "3" above, and;
5.) 21% of federal payment to our farmer and ranchers is to compensate for regulations that require our waters to flow right by us so they can be used in California...

and you see our point...

1) 99% of statistics are made up on the spot.
2) I84 runs between Salt Lake City (well, Ogden) and Portland. I90 runs from Spokane to Missoula. I15 runs from Butte to Salt Lake City. Nobody from any state other than Montana will hit Idaho on it's way to California.. See also 1).
3) see #1). The INL budget for storage is not even 27% of the total INL budget.
4) see #1). What damage, sunshine?
5) Idaho doesn't share a watershed with California. Please elucidate how Idaho water is going into California?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

4/5 of benefits of the new tax bill go to corporations and those who make over $100,000.00 per year.
What happened to trumps statement that this is for the middle class. Sounds like another lie.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

4/5 of benefits of the new tax bill go to corporations and those who make over $100,000.00 per year.
What happened to trumps statement that this is for the middle class. Sounds like another lie.

Because those are the people who EMPLOY the overwhelming majority of people, ergo if they can expand, they can hire more, produce more and more people can buy the stuff they produce. But I think this just went over your head at the speed of heat...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I guess in your world it,s ok to lie when you are getting elected. If you give 4/5 of the tax break to people with incomes below
$75,000.00 you will have an immediate burst in the economy because those people will go out and spend the money right
away. No waiting for trickle down. Corporations can just put the money in the bank, buy back stock,or pay it to stock holders.
Corporations have to many other choices with what to do with the money. Actually our unemployment is so low I don,t think we need
tax changes. Another thing this proposed tax cut will probably lead to a lot of inflation, since the government will have go out
and sell bonds to Japan and China. What we should be doing is cut spending.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not if you lower the corporate tax rate from 35 to 2o %. Cut spending? sure, just start shooting democrats..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those numbers are HEAVILY skewed by PILT and Indian affairs money in the case of Idaho.

I doubt PILT amounts to much anymore Dutch, it sure doesn't in Arizona

Sycamore

I googled it, $30 million for ID, 2017

Last edited by Sycamore; 11/23/17.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both parties make noise about it, but I’ve seen very little out of either party over my lifetime that leads me to believe they’re for the working man

Only exception is support of the 2nd by most gop. At least we’ll be armed when we gather enough sense or balls to realize they’re ought to be an open season on politicians

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 33 invisible), 1,293 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,521
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.