Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
So the subject title says it all. Looking for a single, locking, stainless bladed folder with a clip. Thin is good. Serrated blades are not.

3-4" blades are prefered. 3.5" would be favorite, but they seem scarce.

I want to say cost is not relevant, but I'm sure someone knows of one that is going to bust the bank. No customs, I want this in real time.

My last, best knife was an Al Mar Eagle, Heavy Duty. Might get another, but maybe someone has a better suggestion.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fug you.

Liberals are too stupid to own knives.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Safety blade?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought this on ebay for around 70 bucks. Titanium frame. Cocobolo scales. Slicker than cat guts:

[Linked Image]
Boker Plus Urban Trapper Cocobolo Knife 01BO734 - 4.25" closed.
3 3/8" polished VG-10 stainless blade with extended tang. Brown Cocobolo
wood handles. Pocket clip. Liner lock.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Fug you.

🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are looking for a full-on folding hunting knife with a 4" blade, I just bought this one and it is the cat's meow:

[Linked Image]
Boker Plus Elegant Squail Folding Knife 01BO310

Boker Plus Squail Folding Knife. Model #: 01BO310. The liner locking, 440C stainless steel blade features a generously sized opening, and a fine matte finish which harmonizes perfectly with the matte titanium bolsters.

For a little less money you can get this Victroinox:

[Linked Image]
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Hunter Pro

[Linked Image]

Boker Plus Caracal Linerlock Knife 01BO771

This one is the most expensive I bought.

[Linked Image]

Benchmade HUNT North Fork Knife 15031-2 Dymondwood Handle S30V Blade Axis Lock

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Small Sebenza

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Benchmade Griptilian has been very good for me. They make two sizes. The larger one would meet your criteria I believe.

Mark in GA

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
OkieOrange, Thanks, that is exactly the kind of suggestion I was hoping for.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarkinGA
Benchmade Griptilian has been very good for me. They make two sizes. The larger one would meet your criteria I believe.

Mark in GA

+1. Great knives.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
OrangeOkie,
Does that Trapper have a liner lock/ I can't see anything that says that it has any locking mechanism at all.

The heavier dedicated hunting knife is okay but I want an everyday knife and that's a bit overkill. I avoid knives with blade piercings too. They are PITA to keep clean.

The Griptilian has tempted me before but it looks bulky and I prefer a smoother grip for everyday convenience. As a dedicated hunter, they are great.

The Trapper suggestion lead me to a Boker Plus Burnley Kwaiken. I found a used early one on ebay w/o the flipper thing that I am not fond of, I shot him a low offer and he took it. I don't care for the scales on it right now but can probably replace them with Cocobolo easily enough.

I'm still looking though. That Trapper is intriguing, esp. if it has a locking mechanism of some sort.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okie, that Boker Urban Trapper is a gorgeous knife.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Urban Trapper" Lol - nice knife.
This is the golden age of folding knives.

Last edited by night_owl; 11/28/17.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
OrangeOkie,
Does that Trapper have a liner lock/ I can't see anything that says that it has any locking mechanism at all.

The heavier dedicated hunting knife is okay but I want an everyday knife and that's a bit overkill. I avoid knives with blade piercings too. They are PITA to keep clean.

The Griptilian has tempted me before but it looks bulky and I prefer a smoother grip for everyday convenience. As a dedicated hunter, they are great.

The Trapper suggestion lead me to a Boker Plus Burnley Kwaiken. I found a used early one on ebay w/o the flipper thing that I am not fond of, I shot him a low offer and he took it. I don't care for the scales on it right now but can probably replace them with Cocobolo easily enough.

I'm still looking though. That Trapper is intriguing, esp. if it has a locking mechanism of some sort.

Yes, the Trapper does have a liner lock. It is one of my favorite EDCs. The other knives are all hunting knives (back up to my fixed blades)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

$20 kabar dozier

$25 ontario rat II

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fug you.

smirk Thanks Barry

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I bought this on ebay for around 70 bucks. Titanium frame. Cocobolo scales. Slicker than cat guts:

[Linked Image]
Boker Plus Urban Trapper Cocobolo Knife 01BO734 - 4.25" closed.
3 3/8" polished VG-10 stainless blade with extended tang. Brown Cocobolo
wood handles. Pocket clip.

]

I wish you wouldn't post stuff like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Libtard approved

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
OrangeOkie,

Yes, the Trapper does have a liner lock. It is one of my favorite EDCs. The other knives are all hunting knives (back up to my fixed blades)

Well, that about does it. Gotta have one. Call Boker for your commission. I've gone from being one knife down to one knife above where I started. And may not be done yet. These things tend to run in streaks for me.

Thanks again. Perfect suggestions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fug you.

This is true although here is an alternative for you Libs.

[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really like the clipped knives. I find 3 or 4 every fall that come unhinged from someone's pocket as they're 4-wheeling our back roads. First thing I do is remove the clip and give them a good sharpening.

1Minute
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.