Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
For those who can't resist...

That Boker

That price is the lowest I have seen. Good find!

Here's one a little cheaper......unless I got the last one. smile

https://www.ebay.com/p/Boker-Plus-K...olo-Handle-Brad-Zinker-Design/2256060586

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry a Benchmade CLA automatic..........it’s neat

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm very satisfied with the inexpensive Kershaw folding knives I've bought in the last few years.
The Chinese steels e.g 8Cr13MoV and the like easily take a very keen edge, are tough and resist corrosion well.

abusus non tollit usum
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by okie john
I've been carrying a Benchmade 940 for the last several years with perfect satisfaction.http://www.benchmade.com/940-943-family.html

I'd much rather have a Benchmade 750, which sadly is no longer made. Second choice would be a small Sebenza, but I just can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on one of those yet. The 750 is widely considered the poor man's Sebenza, which I think is unfair to both of them.

Okie John

You can still buy a 750. It's just going to cost you.

A bunch!

BM 750

Last edited by LeroyBeans; 11/28/17.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
ZT 0562Carbon Slicer with CTS 204p.

Last edited by kaboku68; 11/28/17.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I look over all the great knives here on the Fire, but I needed some thing different, Michigan has finally allowed us to carry a automatic knife (switchblade)
And with my old wore out hands opening a folder is not easy.

I wanted an everyday knife, not a weapon, so with some web browsing I found this knife.

[Linked Image]

Closed or open it looks like an everyday pocket knife.

The thing that sets it apart from most auto knives is there is no apparent button.

A little side ways pressure on the checkered piece
And it opens with a snap.

[Linked Image]

The same move unlocks it to fold it up.
I have carried a Sod Buster Jr. for years and this knife is just a little longer and a little pointier.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is a very well made knife, solid frame and no wobble or looseness in the blade.

This is a Protech Magic knife
http://www.protechknives.com/knives/switchblades/magic-br-1.asp

I found them at several of the online knife sites, I bought mine from BladeHQ
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Protech-Magic-Whiskers-Automatic--29715

I ordered on a Sunday and it was here on the next Friday, it came in a plain brown box with no indication of what was inside or that it came from a knife shop, a nice touch.

Pro-Tech Knives
Proudly Made in the USA

I like this part too!

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
I look over all the great knives here on the Fire, but I needed some thing different, Michigan has finally allowed us to carry a automatic knife (switchblade)
And with my old wore out hands opening a folder is not easy.

I wanted an everyday knife, not a weapon, so with some web browsing I found this knife.

[Linked Image]

Closed or open it looks like an everyday pocket knife.
[

That's a damn cool knife. Not sure if it is legal here or not.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That pro-tech looks pretty slick.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by night_owl
I'm very satisfied with the inexpensive Kershaw folding knives I've bought in the last few years.
The Chinese steels e.g 8Cr13MoV and the like easily take a very keen edge, are tough and resist corrosion well.

I gotta say, Kershaw must be the best deal for the money. I had one I really liked even though it was a bit thick and bulky in my pocket for a large folder. Sadly, the clip broke and a replacement is not available.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Kershaw Leek

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Here is an interesting brand of knife. They look great, and Japanese steel should be excellent along with the craftsmanship and the price is right, but there is no clip on most of their knives. I've really gotten to liking clips.

Moki Knives

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Kershaw Leek

Got a couple.^^^^^ very nice for EDC

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have three Kershaw liner locks and IMO they are a great value, generally costing in the $20-$30 range depending on what you get and where you buy them. I've tried to like thumb openers but I must be all thumbs because I about slice myself trying to open them. These finger assist Kershaws are great, just use your index finger to get the blade started opening and then swing the blade fully open and locked with a wrist flip.

The Sweet is a true assisted opening knife, get it partially open and a spring does the rest, as close to a switchblade as you can get.

I carry this 1760 Skyline more than anything, it has a good 3.1" drop point blade and is made in USA. It holds an edge well even after cutting up cardboard boxes and is easy to strop back to a good edge quickly. While I wouldn't specifically carry it to a knife fight I'd not feel unarmed if I had to rely on it either.

[Linked Image]

Another good Kershaw which is a little lighter and more slender is their Model 3410 Chill also with a 3.1" blade. It has the Chinese steel but it holds an edge well. I carry this clipped inside the the waist line of a pair of dress slacks at work where it's unobtrusive but still takes care of whatever needs cutting.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I guess you have to know what you like (or don't like).

I don't like flippers and I don't like liner locks. If you don't want to spend much money, The Bucklite line is great!!! I was really surprised how their 420HC steel sharpened up and held an edge --- Better than my Benchmade Grippy in D2. My large BuckLite (lockback, thumbstud, pocket clip) was around $25.00. I carry it around the farm and enjoy it a lot.

If you don't mind spending more money, I'd still take a gander at the Benchmade BugOut. I really like mine for EDC when I'm on the road.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Larry, I'm with you on flippers, but I have gotten to where I like liner locks. Just took some getting used to. Some lock-back knives can be very awkward depending on where the locking mechanism is and how much force it requires.

I prefer wood over plastic handles, but I make exceptions from time to time.

The perfect knife may not exist, but that's what keeps me looking and makes it interesting.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Spyderco Paramilitary 2. Hard to go wrong there.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Larry, I'm with you on flippers, but I have gotten to where I like liner locks. Just took some getting used to. Some lock-back knives can be very awkward depending on where the locking mechanism is and how much force it requires.

I prefer wood over plastic handles, but I make exceptions from time to time.

The perfect knife may not exist, but that's what keeps me looking and makes it interesting.

The lockback (to me) is a safer option than the liner lock but isn't my first choice. The Benchmade Axis lock is the cat's meow!

I also thought of the Bug Out because you said you wanted something slim.

Last edited by LarryfromBend; 12/01/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're having issues with blades closing on liner locks, you either have a crappy example or are doing something seriously wrong with your knife.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
If you're having issues with blades closing on liner locks, you either have a crappy example or are doing something seriously wrong with your knife.

I never had that problem. Just took time to get used to thumbing for it on the other side of the knife, like switching from single to double trigger firearms. Also can be a bit problematic when wearing gloves. But never had issues with it closing prematurely.

I'm not much of a fan of the Benchmade Axis system. But I haven't used one a whole bunch either.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Fug you.

Liberals are too stupid to own knives.

smirk Thanks Barry

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I bought this on ebay for around 70 bucks. Titanium frame. Cocobolo scales. Slicker than cat guts:

[Linked Image]
Boker Plus Urban Trapper Cocobolo Knife 01BO734 - 4.25" closed.
3 3/8" polished VG-10 stainless blade with extended tang. Brown Cocobolo
wood handles. Pocket clip.

]

I wish you wouldn't post stuff like that.

No kidding - this post is going to cost me some money. I've been pretty satisfied with the Kershaw's I've been carrying lately and need another knife like I need another hole in my head, but that Boker is gorgeous...

Same here.....I couldn't resist....

https://www.ebay.com/p/Boker-Plus-K...olo-Handle-Brad-Zinker-Design/2256060586

I'm a real traditionalist when it comes to knives so this will be my first clip-on. Hope it doesn't lead to another addiction.

I have one of these with the custom carbon fiber scales. absolutely fantastic EDC knife. Rides so nicely in a pocket it's easy to forget it's there...yet it's just enough knife to handle normal chores. I have no doubt you could skin a deer with it, though there are better tools for the job.

My favorite by a long shot!

Hunt Africa while you can
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.