Hop To
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gibby
If I just woke up and grabbed a Glock, I'd probably shoot myself in the foot. That is only if I was pointing the damn thing in the correct direction. Without coffee first.

You need to develop the motor memory of keeping the index finger along the slide till ready to shoot. That's the manual safety on a Glock.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
If I woke up in the night and all I had was a Glock I'd likely wanna shoot myself... grin

LMAO

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If I just woke up and grabbed a Glock, I'd probably shoot myself in the foot. That is only if I was pointing the damn thing in the correct direction. Without coffee first.

You need to develop the motor memory of keeping the index finger along the slide till ready to shoot. That's the manual safety on a Glock.

Any safety that requires you to put your finger on the trigger to disengage it, is not a safety at all. It's a safe with no dial at all and only the grab handle for security.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is it true that Hi Points are only sold on Saturday Nights at a discount? I am clueless on that information.

If you ever watch "Cop" episodes or reruns, nearly every perp they arrest with a gun has a Frickin Hi Point! I schitt you not!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/03/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Any safety that requires you to put your finger on the trigger to disengage it, is not a safety at all. It's a safe with no dial at all and only the grab handle for security.

You do realize that a striker fired pistol is essentially the same as a DA revolver? Hence to fire the gun the trigger safety has to be depressed, then the trigger has to be pulled to both cock the striker and release the striker to fire the gun?

Anyone who considers a DA revolver safe, which has no safety, should be capable of considering a Glock at least as safe if not safer.

The only danger with a Glock is somebody who can't keep their finger off the trigger until they are going to squeeze the trigger, a danger shared with every firearm no matter the safety system.

If you want to make an inherently dangerous shooter safe, take their gun away.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by RufusG
I can't get past the idea that clueful might be an actual word.

Seriously!

Why not just say "informed" or "knowledgable?"

Because, in this generation illiterate people just make up words as seems right to them. I have heard people make up words like "musicality" or "physicality". What is that about? Recently I heard some idiot news personality say "unreasonableness."

Last edited by Reloder28; 12/03/17.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
People are so flawed, they just dont get that the 1911 designed 106 years ago still to this very day far outshoots and outclasses all of these plastic guns. We need to see some tests that show how fast from draw to first hit for the 1911 vs something like the glock! Why I bet a guy with a G19 would be seconds slower than a good 1911 operator. Also I am wondering if the upkeep on the Glocks weights into the equation regards departmental purchases as 1911’s have shown themselves to be far more robust, just no convincing some people.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
From what I just read here, shooting double action is the modern way to do things. I always did better shooting my double action revolvers starting with the first shot single action. If only a gun was made that shot single action all the time.

Oh wait........

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're going to play the nostalgia game why turn the clock back a mere 106 years when you can turn it back 144 years? We can have a much safer revolver that uses "holy black", cast bullets and you don't have to worry about one of those new fangled magazines dropping out or worrying about whether you can rely on it to feed or eject? If you can't finish a gunfight with five shots you just have no business carrying a gun.

You want class, this is class

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 458 Lott; 12/03/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I just read here, shooting double action is the modern way to do things. I always did better shooting my double action revolvers starting with the first shot single action. If only a gun was made that shot single action all the time.

Oh wait........

If you were to practice shooting double action, you'd be at least as accurate and possibly more accurate with the first and following shots. Your hand is in tension when shooting DA and a hand that is in tension is more stable than a relaxed hand.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

That's right. That little dingus on the trigger is nearly worthless. The only real manual safety on the Glock is your index finger not being in the trigger guard till you're ready to shoot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Amen brother so much more class✔️

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

You do realize that a striker fired pistol is essentially the same as a DA revolver? Hence to fire the gun the trigger safety has to be depressed, then the trigger has to be pulled to both cock the striker and release the striker to fire the gun?

Anyone who considers a DA revolver safe, which has no safety, should be capable of considering a Glock at least as safe if not safer.

The only danger with a Glock is somebody who can't keep their finger off the trigger until they are going to squeeze the trigger, a danger shared with every firearm no matter the safety system.

If you want to make an inherently dangerous shooter safe, take their gun away.

I didn't say a Glock was dangerous... carried them and taught their use as a duty pistol for years. Must have done OK at it because none of those people shot anybody or anything that didn't need shooting. Glock's drop safety is a good thing. The trigger safety is still sailboat fuel.

Last edited by SargeMO; 12/03/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You do realize that a striker fired pistol is essentially the same as a DA revolver?

If the length AND weight of pull were more or less the same that would seem to be a good point. But is that really the case? I'd love to see a table with a bunch of stats to compare but I don't recall ever coming across one.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
It is the let off of tension that causes the problem with striker fired pistols. Your loaded muscles and tendons all the way back to the palm of your hand. Though minor, it is there. A good grip on the 1911 (or other) single actions just requires a straight pull of the #1 pad of the trigger finger. I do practice double action. That is how I know. Plus a little knowledge of anatomy and physiology.

Bullseye shooters shooting double action?

Benchrest, long range shooters shooting double action?

Single or double set triggers set up to shoot double action?

People wanting a heavier trigger pull over a lighter one?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG

You do realize that a striker fired pistol is essentially the same as a DA revolver?

If the length AND weight of pull were more or less the same that would seem to be a good point. But is that really the case? I'd love to see a table with a bunch of stats to compare but I don't recall ever coming across one.

No, I'd say the Glock isn't nearly as carefree to keep in a ready to shoot condition outside of a proper holster as would be a double action revolver. The difference is the shortness of the movement of the trigger and the pounds of pressure required. Both are a good bit less on the Glock. So if I chose to sleep with a handgun under my pillow, or some such, I'd go with a double action revolver before a Glock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're going to play the nostalgia game why turn the clock back a mere 106 years when you can turn it back 144 years? We can have a much safer revolver that uses "holy black", cast bullets and you don't have to worry about one of those new fangled magazines dropping out or worrying about whether you can rely on it to feed or eject? If you can't finish a gunfight with five shots you just have no business carrying a gun.

[Linked Image]

With better sights, one would be well armed with this.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

[Linked Image]

I can look at that gun all night.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The 'memory' thing works for thumb safeties also. I'm continually surprised that such a basic level of competency can be so confounding to some. Who hits the mag release when it comes time for a reload? Who inserts the mag? Is the Glock a crew-served weapon to you fumblers?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know how I will react in the stress of a gun fight. I do know it is not unusual for people to forget simple basic tasks when under the stress of do or die. I figure any step that I can eliminate might give me the edge to survive. If the ugliest simplest to operate gun lets me live to stroke my pretty guns at home, I'll take ugly every time. I'd rather not have somebody opine at my funeral, "Well he have got is brains blown out, but he sure went out in style."

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (16gage, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,993 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.