[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just one more thing I dont get.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Auction prices on eBay are not always a good gauge of the value of something. Sometimes people will get caught up in the moment and are determined that someone else isn't going to win the auction. I have sold fishing lures for several years on there and have seen some strange bidding wars during that time which did not reflect what the lures were really worth. Not saying this is one of those times, but it could be.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
According to what I have seen lately the M77's with the boat paddle stocks are in very high demand, I had 3 of them, hated that I had to sell them, but such is life. They are going for at least a third more than what I had originally paid for them when they were new. I had a 30-06, 300 Win Mag and a 338 Win Mag, All three were great shooting rifles.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I bought a batch of short action Ruger Stainless Models that came with that stock..

The prices were marked down as they didn't move with that stock on it...

So I got a Boyd's Laminate each time... and just gave away the Boat Paddle Stock...

Three or four of them went to Campfire members...

got the 77 Mks 2s for $300 each...

still have two of those stocks tho...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I got two PM's asking if I'd be willing to part with mine when it was mentioned in a different thread. It isn't the worst stock I've ever used, it just isn't as nice as the Boys the rifle wears now. If my policy weren't to keep OEM gun parts until that piece is sold, I'd move the stock down the road.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If mine wasn't on of the more rare calibers, it would be on Ebay in a hearbeat for that money. They're nice stocks but not that great

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Did I miss the fine print where it said the stock also includes the barreled action? I can't imagine paying over $150 for any used tupperware stock let along the ugliest tupperware stock ever made. I've shot a few boat paddle stocks and wouldn't go out of my way to get one. I like the normal tupperware stock that came with my allweather M77 mkII 350 rem mag.

I'm like you, unwilling to go out of my way to get one... but I would sure go out of my way to get rid of one!

Last edited by Sitka deer; 12/03/17. Reason: Frigging autocorrect!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gave mine away when I restocked the rifle and the price was right IMO.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like them. Had one in a 22LR but never a centerfire. Looked at a Hornet but didn't like the plastic trigger guard. I'd buy one if I found a "Hater" mid-gag!

DMc : )

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BWalker
Those stocks pretty much suck. That narrow butt and non existant recoil pad makes them amplify recoil. Plus they just look like hell.

To each their own.

Butt pads are easily replaced The custom-built from ruger parts .338WM in the photo (left) wears a LimbSaver. Works great. The .300WM (center) is a factory config and the .30-06 on the right came in a laminate stock. The skeleton stock s much lighter. Haters can say what they want, I like them.

[Linked Image]

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ebay is a good gauge ,but keep in mind ebay is getting %10 and PayPal another 3%.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know people that collect them.

Funny, all the commemoratives Winchester built t in the 1980's. Most are ignored.

Take a useless thing that no one wants (Ruger Hawkeye) or so fugly that they don't sell (skeleton Ruger),
and they become collectors items.

Also, notice the two loser examples are Rugers.
And folks say about their ability to hit overlooked markets,
guess sometimes they just flat miss the market.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's one of the most weird things in a world of weirdness. I don't really criticize other peoples choices, but I do like to think I can understand them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Funny, all the commemoratives Winchester built t in the 1980's. Most are ignored.

Take a useless thing that no one wants (Ruger Hawkeye) or so fugly that they don't sell (skeleton Ruger),

This post just doesn't make sense. Obviously, the "Ruger losers" are what people want, which is why they are willing to pay big dollars for them. And the "Winchester winners" are not what people want, hence ignored. Your perspective on reality is 180 degrees off according to the market right now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought one in .270 when I first saw them, liked it so much I went and bought one in .243.
My son was broken hearted when I wouldn't let him take one when he moved out and married.
He just this week bought one in .30-06 off of GB for more than I paid for either of mine new.
They seem to have a 'cult' following.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

This post just doesn't make sense. Obviously, the "Ruger losers" are what people want, which is why they are willing to pay big dollars for them. And the "Winchester winners" are not what people want, hence ignored. Your perspective on reality is 180 degrees off according to the market right now.

I had the same thought about this post, kind of a head scratcher. Not sure he gave it much thought before hitting the send button. Ruger has been hitting some home runs on many fronts the last few years.

The 77s are good solid rifles, pretty popular up here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Too many practical people, I guess, and not enough people willing to pay a premium for 'collector' rifles. My rifles are work rifles, no safe queens allowed. Big Brother has an unfired .308 Galil because shooting it would ruin the 'collector' status. If I had it, it would be fired many times over or hit the road.

There are a lot of sensible people that appreciate the Ruger rifles for what they are, whether M77, MKII or Hawkeye. I have multiples of each and like them all but prefer the Hawkeye.

Same with the 'skeleton' stocks. They may not be works of beauty to some but they are highly utilitarian - and therein is why they are highly valued by some.

Actually, you had a third example - Winchester collector rifles that according to you are 'ignored'. I could name product failures by Remington, Browning and almost every other major firearm manufacturer.

The fact is that Ruger's annual sales and net income are on an upward curve while Remington is losing money and laying people off. Other firearm companies are also struggling. Ruger must be doing something right.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago, I have seen whole guns sell for less in pawn and used gun shops.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Guys must be reading this thread, I see more instantly pop up on Ebay when they have been rather scarce previously.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 3,352 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,608
Posts18,473,753
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.