Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'll guarantee there were known problems with these two dogs before this ever happened, but the problems were ignored because she didn't want to get rid of the dogs.

She paid the price for her own mistakes, thank God no one else had to.

I have a 12lb Shih Tzu that has a problem with challenging me for the alpha role every now and then, If he was a Pit Bull I would have him put to sleep, I don't have him put to sleep because he really can't hurt anyone.

My dad has a dog like that. She's a tiny little Maltese, but will suddenly attack people in response to certain trigger situations, and I mean real bites and holding on while shaking the hold out for maximum damage. This even to family members. She bit my mom a few times when she was alive, but they both loved her, and my dad still does, so she gets a pass, even though she's attacked untold dozens of people, including family members. This is mainly because the degree of harm she's capable of is minimal, and can be fixed with soap and water, iodine, and a band-aid or two.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My dad has a dog like that. She's a tiny little Maltese, but will suddenly attack people in response to certain trigger situations, and I mean real bites and holding on while shaking the hold out for maximum damage. This even to family members. She bit my mom a few times when she was alive, but they both loved her, and my dad still does, so she gets a pass, even though she's attacked untold dozens of people, including family members. This is mainly because the degree of harm she's capable of is minimal, and can be fixed with soap and water, iodine, and a band-aid or two.

That dog could be fixed with a 22LR to the head as far as I'm concerned. That's pure BS. There's plenty of good dogs out there why put up with a biter?

What I found interesting about the video was how the guys own dog joined in. I am guilty of not understanding the pack mentality.

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/17/17.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They spent hours and picked up 40 pieces of evidence (the girl).

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2

What I found interesting about the video was how the guys own dog joined in. I am guilty of not understanding the pack mentality.

His dogs were the two Dobermans. One seemed to be confused and not know what to do, but the other seemed to think it was all a game, and was trying to pull him down by his pants and jacket. The only real thug here seemed to be one of the Rottweilers. The other Rottweiler did nothing but bark at the rescuer who swung a stick at him.

The man should never have tried to grab hold of large and powerful dogs that weren't his own. That was the trigger that got the thug Rottweiler on him. Stupid move.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pits doing what they do best,,, killing. Thats all they do better. You own one thats what you want it for, plain and simple.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by PPosey
Pits doing what they do best,,, killing. Thats all they do better. You own one thats what you want it for, plain and simple.

Having had large and powerful breeds all my life, and learning at a young age how they are to be handled when you own them, I can own any breed of dog safely. That said, my folks always owned the breeds of dog that most people considered ferocious and frightening, and they (for as long as they continued that practice) had never been burglarized or home-invaded. I suspect that's a big part why. After abandoning that practice (choosing, in their old age, to own tiny dogs instead) they have been burglarized once.

Anyway, I have maintained that practice for myself, and have also never been burglarized or home-invaded. I've owned German Shepherds, a Doberman, Pitbulls, Pitbull mixes, and currently a Pitbull mix (the white dog) and an old-style Bulldog (the brindle dog).

All dogs are about the same, pet-wise, when you actually know how to handle dogs, so I choose those types of dogs most feared by burglars and the like. People not so capable, should probably stick with those breeds whose breed-purpose has had nothing whatever to do with combat or security against criminals. These dogs require a firm hand and a certain degree of expertise to safely own.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"
The area where they found the victim’s body was covered in blood, Agnew said, adding that it took at least eight hours for investigators to collect over 60 pieces of evidence"
Might want to read that again.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but not all Muslims...

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
but not all Muslims...

A box of candy that has one piece poisoned, how do you know which one do you eat?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll guarantee there were known problems with these two dogs before this ever happened, but the problems were ignored because she didn't want to get rid of the dogs.

She paid the price for her own mistakes, thank God no one else had to.

I have a 12lb Shih Tzu that has a problem with challenging me for the alpha role every now and then, If he was a Pit Bull I would have him put to sleep, I don't have him put to sleep because he really can't hurt anyone.

I'll never understand keeping a dog like that. I had a 9 month old red heeler that bit my son once. That dog got a one way ride out back. When my son asked me why (son was only about 4 or 5) I told him his dog's job was to protect him not bite him and that I had a zero tolerance policy for mistakes like that. And where we live we absolutely need a dog to at least alert us. We've had every Wyoming predator basically in our yard.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dogs in general (even otherwise friendly dogs) can, when sufficiently agitated, suddenly reach their limit and attack anyone within reach that they do not perceive as higher than themselves in the pack order, even attacking people or dogs with whom they are ordinarily friendly. It could easily have been the case that these two dogs (in the opening post) saw a squirrel or other animal, were restrained from chasing it by their owner and, when they couldn't tolerate the agitation of restraint any longer, attacked her out of utter frustration. Once the attack began, pack instinct carried it out to a full blown mauling.

If you have dogs of this general type (those with a breed purpose of either security or combat), then you simply cannot just be their roomate or pal. You MUST be their master first and foremost.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I can own any breed of dog safely.

With all due respect;

The day before she was ripped to pieces, this woman would have said the exact same thing.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I can own any breed of dog safely.

With all due respect;

The day before she was ripped to pieces, this woman would have said the exact same thing.

Whether she would have said that or not, it's either true or not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kellory

"
The area where they found the victim’s body was covered in blood, Agnew said, adding that it took at least eight hours for investigators to collect over 60 pieces of evidence"
Might want to read that again.

Thanks for clarifying.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Someone mentioned what his two cur dogs did to a Tomcat, but then deleted it. Anyway, this video was meant to be in response to that post.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a friend in Namibia that has a half Dachshund and Jack Russell. Yoshe can and will take down to the ground a totally unwounded blue wildabeast or oryx because he thought they were the wounded ones. Grabs them by the nuts and they spin arround a time or two then lay down. Lord I wouldn't want him on me.
k

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have dogs of this general type (those with a breed purpose of either security or combat), then you simply cannot just be their roomate or pal. You MUST be their master first and foremost.

Many people cannot or will not do this with a dog. They want to be their friends not their masters. The thing they don't understand is that once you establish yourself as the boss the dog becomes very attached and loyal to you and you end up with the best friend you have ever had, they will give their life for you without a second thought.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Many people cannot or will not do this with a dog. They want to be their friends not their masters. The thing they don't understand is that once you establish yourself as the boss the dog becomes very attached and loyal to you and you end up with the best friend you have ever had, they will give their life for you without a second thought.

Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This guy likely would have met the same fate had someone not helped him out. He has two of the dogs by leashes (the two Dobermans), which would imply they are his. He was trying to pull all of them in towards himself to let a scooter squeeze by when the one Rottweiler started the attack. The other dogs then followed suit, even one of his own.

This guy needs a CCW or at the least a good knife and the balls to use the protection tools when necessary.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did you notice that the two Dobermans wanted to follow their master home afterwards, like "Hey, dad, wait for us." They didn't seem to have any clue they'd done anything to forfeit their home. In point of fact, one of the Dobermans was only guilty of not understanding what was happening and thus doing nothing to help his master out, and the other was likely only guilty of being so stupid as to think this was all just a roughhousing game. Neither Doberman actually bit flesh, and one didn't do a damn thing, one way or the other. One Rottweiler was also mostly innocent, only barking at the rescuer who was approaching with a stick. The dog that was the real attacker here was that one Rottweiler that the victim initially tried to grab and hold onto to make room for the scooter. Had he not done that, none of this would have happened. Not smart trying to grab a large dog around the neck that you don't know.

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1minute, 1_deuce, 280fan, 27 invisible), 1,442 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,337
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.