Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
alwaysoutdoors,

I really LIKE your signature & am a PROUD DENIZEN of "the basket of Deplorables".

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wasn't there another long time owner of a bully breed dog who's dog turned on him that used to post on here? Canadian if I remember right.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
that pic says a lot for the breed and your training

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
(About 10 days later, he was released by the doctors & into the custody of the National Police for trial. = Over 300 stitches were required to close his wounds to his "knife hand", lower right arm, face & neck. - I doubt if he ever used his right hand properly again..)

Well hey, sometimes justice does prevail cool

Here's a photo of my heelers in action, me out running them at heel behind my bike, this from about six years back. Sadly the smaller one recently expired.

I paid $15 fer the smaller one, $150 for the bigger one but just anyone can walk up and pet 'em. Again being heelers they don't really like strangers, but these will patiently endure the attention.

All I really need my dogs to do is behave, heel, sit, down, and stay, come right away when they are called (by name or with a quiet hiss) and heel like glue when I snap my fingers, on a bike or on foot. I hardly ever have them on a leash, I got not use for a dog that NEEDS a leash (tho I'd put PPD's in a whole diff'rent category).

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ironbender
My dad has a dog like that. She's a tiny little Maltese, but will suddenly attack people in response to certain trigger situations, and I mean real bites and holding on while shaking the hold out for maximum damage. This even to family members. She bit my mom a few times when she was alive, but they both loved her, and my dad still does, so she gets a pass, even though she's attacked untold dozens of people, including family members. This is mainly because the degree of harm she's capable of is minimal, and can be fixed with soap and water, iodine, and a band-aid or two.

JFC!
That owner should be in jail and the dog euthanized.

LOL, here's the monster you're having fits over. Worst case scenario would be a small scratch, treated with antiseptic and a band-aid. More typically, the bite is on the cuff of the pants.

The reason so many little "ankle biters" are allowed to continue living is that the amount of actual harm they're capable of is minimal, and the owner raised them from tiny pups, so it would be like putting a child down. How they get that way is mainly due to not feeling comfortable with harsh corrections on such tiny dogs while they're pups. We're talking a two or three pound little puppy when the behavior starts. The dog in the picture is full grown, and hardly more than six or seven pounds.

[Linked Image]

I honestly don’t GAS how big the dog or how small the injury.

It seems you missed the point. It’s a biting dog. (hint)

Yeah, but that's you. I'm explaining why, in the real world out there, so few people actually put down tiny dogs that bite. It's why tiny dogs are so often called "ankle biters."

Yeah, and I'll explain real world for you. The dog needs dead and the owner and you need a good swift kick in the azz.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by satx78247
stxhunter,

NOT very well trained was your dog??
(Face facts, pit bulls are NO more dangerous than any other large/powerful dog. = It's an URBAN MYTH & no more than that. - A St Bernard is POTENTIALLY a truly DANGEROUS animal because of their SIZE/strength, if they are raised that way)

The TRUTH is that NONE of the traditional "pit-fighting breeds" are NATURALLY dangerous to people, as otherwise those "fighting dogs" would be too dangerous for the "pit fighter"/handler or owner to handle. - It takes considerable "training" to make any otherwise healthy dog "mean" or "vicious" and that "human aggressiveness" is INTENDED by their owners in 99% of cases. = The "trash" WANTS a BAD DOG to protect their criminal lifestyle in many cases.
(Are there DANGEROUS pit bulls out there?? - You bet there are & their "human aggressiveness" is a result of bad discipline/training OR intention.)

yours, tex.

1) There's a bunch of animals that can be handled though dangerous (think pet cobras, Charolais bulls) and a bunch more that can be relatively docile towards their handler and dangerous towards anyone else (think pet grizzly bears or tigers). So saying that just because somewhere, some dog is nice is proof that they are all nice is b.s.

2) There is a reason they don't use goldendoodles to dog fight or guard property. There's a reason certain species are used for certain tasks that may require violence. You and everyone else reading this thread knows which is which.

I've raised and trained far too many bird dogs to ignore genetic coding. When you watch a pup point a bird at 6 weeks old, it speaks volumes for what we can and have programmed into dog breeds. Only relatively recently in the history of the dog/human relationship did large amounts of the population decide to own dogs for pleasure. With that came all sorts of working breeds suddenly bred and bought with no regard for their genes.

In a way, you can't really blame a pit for being a pit.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I've personally kllled 3 pitbulls that went after me or my dog over the years and wont hesitate to kill everyone that threatens me. Look at Any crime ridden schithole in the US and you'll some useless thug/dbag playah walking( being dragged) by a pit bull in the ghetto with a wife beater, gold chains and diamond earrings and no gainful employment and a 4th grade education living on welfare. For some reason these losers are attracted to the breed.

A pitbull is like $3000 rims on a 1995 camry- or a tick with lyme disease -completely worthless

How many dog breeds will try and kill a horse?

None -and all the more reason to exterminate the breed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Wasn't there another long time owner of a bully breed dog who's dog turned on him that used to post on here? Canadian if I remember right.

Now that you mention it I remember BcBrian was the guy. I believe he took the dog out into the back 40 and took care of it.

Gerry.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep that's the name (I'm pretty sure anyway) thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No problem, I had totally forgotten about that till you mentioned it.

Gerry.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
las,

IF you "buy into" pack theory, the mate of the Alpha (the Alpha's mate is usually the highest status female) & her progeny will be "deferred to" and "defended to the death" by every other member of the pack.

For that reason, I would NOT have wanted to be the thug, who in my possible absence, decided that it would be OK to assault/injure my late wife or my daughter. = That would have been a BAD day for HIM.
(VK or my daughter couldn't work my PPD, as they didn't know her cues but neither would she idly sit & watch them being abused/threatened, as they were, in her eyes, MINE & she was well aware of that fact.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am on the Lab and Golden retreiver band wagon. They are just decoy’s really.

It has been more difficult to train my family how to train the dog, than to train the dog. Even with a Golden they display alpha behavior. They just require a little less stick...

NRA Life Member
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by joken2
What’s the weight limit of a dog in the real world where nobody gets an infection?
Or where it gets ‘real’.
There are enough good dogs to not put up with a POS biter.
Then again that’s me. wink
I guess you can get a scratch and die from lots of things, but everything is a balancing act between different factors. A Mastiff that bit people for no reason would need to be put down pronto or you will almost certainly end up losing your shirt in the courts. Then you have the tiny chance that a tiny scratch from a tiny dog might result from a bite that 9 times out of ten would only be a pants cuff grab. Compromises are made in life for all kinds of reasons.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/DACHSHUNDS+KILL+MONTH-OLD+TOT+IN+JEALOUS+RAGE.-a061124133

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...f6e-c0156477c548/?utm_term=.e8465a0387eb

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1922106/posts

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/pack-of-chihuahuas-attack-little-girl

http://amarillo.com/stories/100900/usn_pet.shtml#.WjiCE2cYG2k

http://www.cbs8.com/story/23846929/mom-says-no-one-helped-her-after-dog-attacked-child

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/359723/Family-distraught-as-dog-kills-baby-with-single-bite

Scratches....

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by satx78247
stxhunter,

The TRUTH is that NONE of the traditional "pit-fighting breeds" are NATURALLY dangerous to people, as otherwise those "fighting dogs" would be too dangerous for the "pit fighter"/handler or owner to handle. - .

Poppycock. The traditional fighting breeds did sometimes show human aggression. The were put down when they did. It's not like when they weren't in the pit they were chilling on the sofa with mom and junior either. They were handled by people who knew how to handle them. The fighting breeds need strong handlers, but that's not a guarantee. Strong handlers/owners sometimes get their asses tore up or their dogs tear someone or some other dog up. When it happens that "fight til the end coding" comes out and the results are horrific. You have to dig deep to find stories of non-fighting breeds tearing their owners into 60 pieces, even when they are trained to be mean. You mentioned the St. Bernard. Ponder this for a moment. With the size and strength of a St Bernard (or any other large, strong breed) why aren't they chosen in the place of the larger fighting breeds to train to be nasty?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
[i]Pit Bull Attacks Woman Same Day as Adopted Out

Before arriving at Forever Home, Blue had been on death row at the New York City municipal shelter for "biting people."

And this is were the problem started, NYCMS should never have let that dog go, It should have been put down within 24hrs of arrival unless there was a court case involving the dog.

If they would have done the proper thing the old gal would still be around.

I missed that. Good point.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yeah, that was an America Bulldog. Had his Yorkie turned on him, we wouldn't have heard about it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HANDSOME pair, imvho.

..and..

that pic says a lot for the breed and your training

Hey thanks guys.

Of course they say 80% of the dog you're getting is already visible in the puppy, to that end you have to pick 'em carefully. As pointed out on this thread not all dogs are equal.

I am exceedingly fortunate in that there are still a lot of working ranches in Texas, so it ain't all that hard to find a good working heeler "parents on site", for not a whole lot of money. No papers of course but I could GAS about that. See, among regular folk, heelers are properly labelled a "type" rather than a "breed" just like Jack Russels used to be when I was a kid before so many got ruined by popularity. "Heelers" vary in size and color but it doesn't matter, the most important part of a dog is the grey matter that lies between its ears, because of their ancestry my dogs from the beginning were driven by a desire to work with their owner. It matters too that they are all females hence even less inclined to question my authority or be inappropriately aggressive to dogs and strangers.

I'm a schoolteacher, I timed it to buy 'em in May, right before I was off until August, so for more'n two months I could bring the pup with me everywhere, every day, all day long. Also I spaced 'em at least two years apart, so the new pup could learn much by copying the older one as they do.

I couldn't enter any of 'em in obedience trials, they don't know any tricks, but they are pleasant companions and no trouble to bring places. All I have time for really.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i reached down to pet him and he attacked, i got 68 stitches in my fingers and 4 pins.i grabbed his bottom jaw, pinned and choked him out.

[Linked Image]

Wow !!!!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i reached down to pet him and he attacked, i got 68 stitches in my fingers and 4 pins.i grabbed his bottom jaw, pinned and choked him out.

[Linked Image]

Do you have loss of mobility from the dog bite Roger ?
Permanent damage ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There are actually 2 members on here, one has admitted his mistakes and took ownership.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (264mag, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 47 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,281
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.