-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, God has offered us a perfect solution to the world's problems but the large majority of people fight against it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You are correct in the sense that we didn't do anything to be worth saving,.... It wasn't at all based on if we deserved it,...
....God did it out of love,...

God pities the unworthy, but that still doesn't mean the unworthy deserve pity , God offers his grace(unmerited favor)
as an expression of his love for the unrighteous unworthy sinner.

Since the fall of Adam, the unrighteous sinners which Jesus came to save are all born with a divine entitlement/
deservedness to Gods wrath.

Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
...The only thing God thinks we the unworthy deserve, is his wrath.

If you truly believe that, then you have missed the entire message and meaning of the coming of The Christ.

You sound like one who has a sense of entitlement to Gods love and grace.

What you say is true up to the point of salvation. At that point everything changes. Then a person is no longer an unworthy sinner,but the Righteousness of God. To continue to identify as an unworthy sinner is a denial of what took place during the new birth. No,we are not worthy in ourselves,but after the new birth we are no longer only in ourselves. He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit.That is the attitude that must be cultivated and it is the attitude that overcomes the world.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
God isn't solving the world's problems for the same reason Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy don't. My Grandson actually saw the Tooth Fairly one night and said that he looked a lot like his Dad.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
He could do another great flood.

No, He can't. He said He wouldn't. God is not man that He should lie.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
...The only thing God thinks we the unworthy deserve, is his wrath.

If you truly believe that, then you have missed the entire message and meaning of the coming of The Christ.

Ed

Actually, he is right according to God's Word. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come SHORT of the glory of God." Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death: but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

And yet, He has given mankind the opportunity to receive His mercy (not giving someone what they deserve-death) and grace (giving someone what they do not deserve-eternal life). If man had just 1 redeeming quality to him, Jesus would not have had to die for us; for man then could have redeemed himself and the cross would be of no value. So the cross is the greatest manifestation of mercy and grace balled up into to God's love where He sacrificed His only begotten Son that we might not perish IF we believe in Him.

Romans also tells us that God has revealed Himself through His creation (which He DID create out of nothing) so that man is without excuse when it comes to salvation. One of the things that I suspect most, if not all of us on this site share in common is that we love the outdoors. How can one see a sunrise or a sunset and not believe in God? How can someone stop and think about the fact that the earth, sun, moon, stars, and the other planets rotate in such a way that if anything were to get out of sync it would bring death to us on planet Earth. If the earth were to get a little closer to the sun we would burn up and if we got further away from the sun we would freeze to death. When you stop and think about it, it takes a whole lot more faith to believe that this world just "happened" or that 2 atoms randomly collided and all this was created and works in sync like it does.

One more caveat I will say is this, the Bible also tells us that it is a wide road that leads to destruction and many will walk that road, but narrow is the way and the gate that leads to eternal life. So not all will be saved for more will reject Him than receive Him. But there will be a day that we will all stand before Him, and then bow before Him and proclaim that He IS Lord. Some to eternal life in heaven and some to eternal damnation in hell...but either way it will be man's choice where he resides for all eternity.

John 3:17-18, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

So you say he's right then go on to count all the ways he's wrong. What's right about that? Just want to be argumentative? He's not right. Period. For all the reasons you state and more, but it won't matter to him. His die is cast and he alone can change that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One more caveat I will say is this, the Bible also tells us that it is a wide road that leads to destruction and many will walk that road, but narrow is the way and the gate that leads to eternal life. So not all will be saved for more will reject Him than receive Him. But there will be a day that we will all stand before Him, and then bow before Him and proclaim that He IS Lord. Some to eternal life in heaven and some to eternal damnation in hell...but either way it will be man's choice where he resides for all eternity.
The road is narrow but it will accommodate every single person who wants to walk it. It's only narrow because so few want that path. The road to destruction is wide because so many sadly chose that way.

― George Orwell

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The road is narrow but it will accommodate every single person who wants to walk it. It's only narrow because so few want that path. The road to destruction is wide because so many sadly chose that way.

at this point in time in the development of the world it's been estimated that 100 billion people have lived & died on the earth. so, it sounds like if the end comes anytime soon, that heaven won't be a very large place at all. actually, from my personal perspective, i hope it's not all that crowded.

of course i want everyone to be there that wants to be there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get a better understanding of God's relationship to us as my children age. You don't help them by doing things for them, they have to pull their own weight and take their own falls.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Gus
i understand things aren't perfect in this world,.]

we've worked to present the world to the god that will save us, and vice versa.

it would be good to see a god that is on our side, finally.'

humans, eating the urth, and humans loving god.

let's talk about the system, ok?

........................Your question implies that you don't quite understand God's ways biblically speaking.

God gave His creation (mankind) the freedom of choice to choose between good and evil. Mankind in God's view, was not created to run around like a bunch of mind numbed robots (yes people) with no abilities of or for choice to think for ourselves.

The evil in the world today and in all of human history is caused by evil passions within the human heart which evil people have in order to seek out power, control, wealth, dominance, hatred of others etc and etc.

Hitler CHOSE to seek control of Germany, invade Poland and conquer Europe with the eventual goal of securing a global master race under his power and control. He chose to order the killing of multiplied millions of people.

Stalin. Basically the same things with a view variances. Stalin CHOSE.

Mao Tse Tung. Same things. He CHOSE as well.

And all the other major evil players in world history who have caused conflict.... They CHOSE evil.

Those who murder, CHOOSE to murder.

In all world conflicts large and small, past and present, God does not come down from heaven, wave His mighty hand and say, "ok boys and girls time to settle down here."Time to be good boys and girls."

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Christianity grows the best when it's under persecution. In the 1st century it was a terrible death to be Christian but it grew like crazy. You don't hear much about it but today in Muslim countries where it's illegal to be a Christian, it's growing rapidly. There are thousands of courageous missionaries who are risking their lives to get the word to them and it's working, especially among the women. It's pure hell being a Muslim woman in most of those countries. These missionaries are called insane at home but there they are, doing God's work and knowing that they could be killed at any moment. Such is the power of the Word. There's a young woman here who I know of who spent several years in one of those hell holes spreading the word. She's since come home, got married, and had kids but she still can't tell where she'd been. There are still missionaries there and any hint of it could get them killed. It's strictly on the hush hush.

― George Orwell

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As a mere mortal person, I will not make any attempt to guess anything about any plan God has, or question anything.

If He created the heavens in six days, six minutes, six billion years, no matter to me. I can not create one grain of sand.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Christianity grows the best when it's under persecution. In the 1st century it was a terrible death to be Christian but it grew like crazy. You don't hear much about it but today in Muslim countries where it's illegal to be a Christian, it's growing rapidly. There are thousands of courageous missionaries who are risking their lives to get the word to them and it's working, especially among the women. It's pure hell being a Muslim woman in most of those countries. These missionaries are called insane at home but there they are, doing God's work and knowing that they could be killed at any moment. Such is the power of the Word. There's a young woman here who I know of who spent several years in one of those hell holes spreading the word. She's since come home, got married, and had kids but she still can't tell where she'd been. There are still missionaries there and any hint of it could get them killed. It's strictly on the hush hush.

haven't thought about it lot's, but it does kinda make sense. under pressure, there is a response, and that results in growth. no doubt the Christian missionary types are having a positive impact. but unfortunately the counter balance is that certain other religious groups are engaged in the same efforts, more or less aggressively. i'm thinking of sudan and it's division into two parts as one example. once i visited with two sudanese nationals in the us seeking assistance. basically they said they didn't need more people they need money to prosecute their cause in the face of bitter opposition. they were both trained by the british, one in london, the other in edinburg. i don't know if they met their goals or not. but sudan is no more, it's two separate countries now.

lot's to discuss when secular humanists pretty much rule the world, and the various religious groups choose to fight with each other.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God doesn't sent in armies with guns. He sends in dedicated, fearless people with the Word. He gets much better results than killing the opposition. In many cases, the opposition will join him. The Romans joined him in droves. The so-called "Christian" armies of the middle ages didn't convert anyone. They failed miserably. A handful of missionaries worked miracles.

― George Orwell

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
hmmm. well he use to send in armies. no wait, his vicar on earth did. i'm thinking of the templars at the moment. i could name others if i thought a bit about it i'm pretty sure.
i accept your position. my position is there's lot's of killing going on for whatever reason, and under many different flags.

we'll see how it turns out, if we live long enough i reckon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter

Actually, he is right according to God's Word....

So you say he's right then go on to count all the ways he's wrong. .... He's not right. Period..

Jesus commended the centurions faith( Luke 7) as unequalled by anyone else , by the fact he considered himself unworthy.
and it is by such faith that one receives the unmerited favor-gift of Gods grace.
Man has the sin from Adam, and doesn't have the power to overcome the sin nature he inherited.
God bestowing his unmerited favor of grace is the only way to solve that problem.

One cannot hope to receive unmerited gift of grace and consider themselves worthy-entitled at the same time.
those who do , don't understand the nature of Gods grace.

By grace, we receive the faith that enables us to believe that He has sent His Son to die and provide the salvation.

Jesus died for the unworthy/unrighteous , if thats not the case then he died in vain.

Esphesians 2:8
" "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-"

(Luke 7:6,9)
" “‘Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof. . that is why I did not even
consider myself worthy to come to you.’

Jesus said, ‘Not even in Israel have I found such faith’” (Luke 7:6, 9).

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
God doesn't sent in armies with guns. He sends in dedicated, fearless people with the Word. He gets much better results than killing the opposition. In many cases, the opposition will join him. The Romans joined him in droves. The so-called "Christian" armies of the middle ages didn't convert anyone. They failed miserably. A handful of missionaries worked miracles.

Well, there was that 186,000 He destroyed one night, RC. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,070
Posts18,521,609
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.