Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I missed out on a deal on the perfect scope for the rifle I don't own yet, so now I'm inspired to bump again.

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Yet another reason to go with Encore 460 - it comes with a peep site! Everybody knows that a scope is just a place for snow, rain, and fog to collect, preventing you from taking the shot of a lifetime. Scope mounts, rings, and the scope itself are also prone to coming loose on their own or can be damaged when you knock your rifle over, and then the rifle that you just spent hundreds on suddenly stops shooting cloverleaves for no good reason.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I do not want to get this thread off track, but I was very very wrong about something and I need to own up to it.

I was over at my uncle's house watching cable TV and we were talking about 6.5CM and how frustrating it is that a lot of people do not understand that they are just a fad. I knew he'd understand about fads as he was practically addicted to the Jollibee's Tuna Pie. According to my uncle, and here is where I made the huge mistake. Stores did not stop stocking Jollibee's Tuna Pie because nobody was buying them. What happens is they only make Jollibee's Tuna Pie around February. Some religions do not eat meat around Easter, so they eat fish and that is when Jollibee's Tuna Pie are big sellers. After Easter they stop production of Jollibee's Tuna Pie because those people can eat meat again. So it was a really bad example and I guess some of you thought I was saying that the 6.5CM would be made at only certain times of the year. That is not what I meant.

My uncle said if Bersh is into weird calibers he knows a guy up in Saint Marie that has a 6.5 Jap for sale. He said it may not be called Jap anymore on the Internet because it is not politically correct and he thinks it's called something else now. He said he can get pics if Bersh wants it.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by wilbilly
Is this thread a joke? Im missing something.

minus a couple tangents, yes, I'm looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor

UH NO. This thread is just a fun exercise.

The OP has been lead to the trough but is not really thirsty.

There are 100s of rifles for sale that meet his criteria all over the net. Folks here had tried to help with zero results.

Four stainless on GB alone <$1000 (EXACTLY what match his criteria)

Perhaps he can explain why they are unsatisfactory ?????? whistle

Last edited by muffinman; 12/28/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well played Bob.

https://www.spot.ph/eatdrink/the-latest-eat-drink/69158/jollibee-tuna-pie-a1554-20170201

Two things that smell like tuna ... This thread may be one if them.

IC B2

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by muffinman
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by wilbilly
Is this thread a joke? Im missing something.

minus a couple tangents, yes, I'm looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor

UH NO. This thread is just a fun exercise.

The OP has been lead to the trough but is not really thirsty.

There are 100s of rifles for sale that meet his criteria all over the net. Folks here had tried to help with zero results.

Four stainless on GB alone <$1000 (EXACTLY what match his criteria)

Perhaps he can explain why they are unsatisfactory ?????? whistle

UH, YEAH. I'm looking to buy a rifle. Let's see, I missed out on a deal because I was coaching hockey, I've had a couple custom rigs offered that were well out of my price range, I had a link to a Tikka that has me curious, I had a few that weren't stainless offered, had a Browning (which I'm a huge fan of) that has me curious but isn't really what I want, and I probably have those four (and others) from Gunbroker on my watch list.

Like I stated earlier, I don't need this rifle. I have other rifles that do similar or more. I am curious so I'm looking for a good or better deal on a stainless rifle. I'm not ruling out an Encore barrel, but nobody has them in stock and I don't want to pay the extra $ for an MGM or other custom barrel.

Go find another thread to provide useless banter to.

Thanks for the bump though, appreciate that.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
AKwolverine, Perhaps, but one tastes far better after a 10 mile run in 100 degree, 100 % humidity in a lacy thong !

[Linked Image]

Last edited by muffinman; 12/28/17.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hmmmm, just curious ----- just what is a "good or better" deal ?

The BIN, shipped, on this Browning, which meets all your criteria is $985. That's 13.5% off msrp. Seems like a good deal.

[Linked Image]

Hardly "useless banter" just curious what you really want ?

If I didn't already own 4 6.5s I would buy it.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have had an Aero AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor for about 6 months - still unfired. But yesterday I bought some ammo, and put a scope on it today. I'm going to shoot it this afternoon. Anything to get my mind off tuna pie. I just can't imagine eating a tuna pie. This thread has been plenty entertaining, and it got me off my ass to shoot the gun I should be trying to sell to the OP. I get the idea it may be out of his price range.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Take some cans of tuna to the range. Exploding targets that smell sooooo good !

IC B3

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hmmmm, just curious ----- just what is a "good or better" deal ?

The BIN, shipped, on this Browning, which meets all your criteria is $985. That's 13.5% off msrp. Seems like a good deal.

[Linked Image]

Hardly "useless banter" just curious what you really want ?

If I didn't already own 4 6.5s I would buy it.

I have that one on my watch list. I stated earlier that I'm trying to keep it under $1k. Honestly, in looking at other hunting expenses coming in the near future (need a 2 dog gps/ecollar system), I'm really trying to keep it $600ish. That Tikka @$650 is pretty tempting, but then again so are a few of the Savages that pop up - I missed out on a damn good deal on GB last week.

I'm not in a hurry, we're in the middle of winter in the U.P. so I won't be shooting until spring. If it takes me another month or two to get a screaming deal, so be it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The screaming deal was the tikka t3x SL for under $600 at Sportsmans last week ... But I know you don't have one in the UP and they wont ship. Your huckleberry is STILL the tikka 6.5 from Whittakers...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
... And some Jollibee's Tuna Pie from your pal Bob (Travis?) LOBLAW ...

Last edited by AKwolverine; 12/28/17.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So the 6.5 Creed is just a fad, got it.

What is the 35 W? A niche round that has a very small, but loyal following. I do not think that it was ever a fad. Just an economical way to have a bigger bore without the expense back in the day.

6.5x55 way too many variations in chambers, twists and brass. Not mention anemic load data, with all over the place pressures.
260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

Maybe the Creed is just a fad, but methinks it will last awhile.

Tell me again what tuna pies have to do with shooting?

And just maybe the original poster does not want 6.5 Creed. Maybe he wants a 6.5 prc or 6mm creed? laugh

Arcus Venator
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CRS

What is the 35 W? A niche round that has a very small, but loyal following. I do not think that it was ever a fad. Just an economical way to have a bigger bore without the expense back in the day.

6.5x55 way too many variations in chambers, twists and brass. Not mention anemic load data, with all over the place pressures.
260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

And just maybe the original poster does not want 6.5 Creed. Maybe he wants a 6.5 prc or 6mm creed? laugh

I already apologized for the misinformation about the tuna pies

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CRS

260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

The 6.5 Grendel has had me curious for a while, but that's just a matter of buying or building an upper, and is on my list.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
Originally Posted by CRS

260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

I already apologized for the misinformation about the tuna pies

BobLoblaw,
Just having some fun. Guns, shooting, hunting is ALL fun. smile

I respectfully disagree with your fad metality, but I am not going to get all butthurt over it. crazy
Time will tell if it is just a fad or not.

Arcus Venator
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Wish I would have read this thread 6 weeks ago, before I traded my 35 Whelen for a new 6mm Creed.(not really) wink

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !

Again, thanks for the bump.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,743
Posts18,476,068
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.