Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bobmar
What you've said sounds like solid parenting based your beliefs and experiences. You pass that on to your children. What he said sounds like continuous drivel of someone who got his feelings hurt and can't let it go.

Agreed. I'd go to the wall for NHK9 and his family, not so much for Curdog and his 1/2 dozen ex-wives

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Teach your kids the truth....... The Police are not your friend. They don’t trust you and you should not trust them.

This is the single most rediculous statement I've ever read on this site. It's very clear that you have an axe to grind and never miss an opportunity to do it. But what in hell qualifies you to tell everyone what they should teach their kids? Don't bother answering.

In reality, what's wrong with that advice?
I've taught my son to be respectful towards all, including the police. He likely trusts the vast majority he's met locally because they're known to me/him. He's also well aware of more than a few locally that aren't to be trusted under any circumstances.

George

George, at least three other Campfire cops have expressed agreement the statement as well. It’s no different than your insurance card that tells you not to volunteer information to LE after a traffic accident.

My nine year old shirttail granddaughter who lives next door just came over for a visit and cookies. The County Sheriff is another of her shirttail grandpas so, of course, she trusts him as she should.

But , for someone you know ONLY as a cop, they should not be considered your friend.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
I used to trust everyone.

Where I grew up, so did I (for the most part). Then I turned 10ish..........

Laffin.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Mac84

Laffin.

They lied about Santa, Mac............they lied and I trusted them smile

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One in 323,000 US citizens was shot and killed by the police in 2017.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell

If those guys/gals had previously worked in a major jail or prison and learned to not immediately resort to violence and learned team take-downs of people with pointy objects it would be 1 in 4.5 million.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They could've also been nicer in what they said and how they said it. Instead of saying, "Drop the [bleep] gun!" they could have said, "I understand you're not a dirtbag and everyone has problems, so now please, pretty please, set down your weapon and let's talk about what has you so upset."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Teach your kids the truth....... The Police are not your friend. They don’t trust you and you should not trust them.

This is the single most rediculous statement I've ever read on this site. It's very clear that you have an axe to grind and never miss an opportunity to do it. But what in hell qualifies you to tell everyone what they should teach their kids? Don't bother answering.

I've taught my son to be respectful towards all, including the police. He likely trusts the vast majority he's met locally because they're known to me/him. He's also well aware of more than a few locally that aren't to be trusted under any circumstances.

George

George, at least three other Campfire cops have expressed agreement the statement as well. It’s no different than your insurance card that tells you not to volunteer information to LE after a traffic accident.

My nine year old shirttail granddaughter who lives next door just came over for a visit and cookies. The County Sheriff is another of her shirttail grandpas so, of course, she trusts him as she should.

But , for someone you know ONLY as a cop, they should not be considered your friend.

People put too much weight on that badge, as if it implies personality characteristics. It doesn't, same mix of great guys and azzholes as any other group. But what it does, just like my profession, is cause a sort of group think that many fall into. The "Team" mentality surrendering personal reason.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

If those guys/gals had previously worked in a major jail or prison and learned to not immediately resort to violence and learned team take-downs of people with pointy objects it would be 1 in 4.5 million.

Also if they previously worked in a major jail or prison and learned how to clear weapons as one of their team oriented skill sets, there might be a few less accidental discharges by new cops that "scare" some non pre-c/o cops. Could probably get that number down to 1 in 4,500,002 ± 1 or 2.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NYH1

Also if they previously worked in a major jail or prison and learned how to clear weapons as one of their team oriented skill sets, there might be a few less accidental discharges by new cops that "scare" some non pre-c/o cops. Could probably get that number down to 1 in 4,500,002 ± 1 or 2.

NYH1.

Yeah, because C/O's come across so many guns in jails/prisons and qualify what, once a year? Sounds like a departmental training issue.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Armednfree

George

People put too much weight on that badge, as if it implies personality characteristics. It doesn't, same mix of great guys and azzholes as any other group. But what it does, just like my profession, is cause a sort of group think that many fall into. The "Team" mentality surrendering personal reason.

Kinda like 'Christians'. They are as much your friend as a Muslim.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by NYH1

NYH1.

Yeah, because C/O's come across so many guns in jails/prisons and qualify what, once a year? Sounds like a departmental training issue.

Yep.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Laffin.

And the Easter bunny?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was a bad day.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Laffin.

And the Easter bunny?

Otherwise known as the Keaster Bunny to those who worked in major jails and prisons.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No argument here. Ten years in a correctional facility would give the dumbasses a chance to get fired or indicted before they worked with the public. Of course, that would put people around thirty years of age before they were eligible to learn a new job and almost every department has trouble hiring as it is.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
"Team tactics and equipment to subdue an inmate with a weapon do work, and we did them quite often in the facility I worked at..."

How does that work when it's 2:00 A.M. and you're alone with a violent pissed off drunken/tweaking ex-con with back up 20+ minutes away? And that back up guy ain't no team and he isn't hauling any specialized equipment either.

Now, that guy is getting shot. I'm glad I never had to deal with a violent offender more than 5 minutes by myself.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Five minutes is forever in a life or death struggle.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
They could've also been nicer in what they said and how they said it. Instead of saying, "Drop the [bleep] gun!" they could have said, "I understand you're not a dirtbag and everyone has problems, so now please, pretty please, set down your weapon and let's talk about what has you so upset."

I assume you're being sarcastic. Otherwise I'd think you were just plain retarded, and that would not be a nice thing to think.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (66Block, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, AceBall, 257_X_50, 17 invisible), 1,112 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,979
Posts18,519,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.