Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

In Alaska whack jobs went after black bear hunting and baiting and wanted to stop it all. Fortunately the Local SCI in Anchorage really came through and put out a good deal of money to help fight it. Eddie Grasser and his crew made a big difference. I'd say it's time to get behind SCI. Depending on how successful they are at fund raising, can make a difference. I raised a lot of money for another organization, but always made a point to attend their event and support it. It takes money to fight these people.

And I know how much good you did for the "other" org and thank you very much!!!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is anyone surprised? They're never going to quit.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I read the article and it caught my attention how they use the terms "subsistence" and "trophy" hunting, "sport" and make the argument that since the cats are not killed for their meat that killing them should be outlawed. Subsistence hunting to me means hunting to keep from starving to death and there is practically none of that going on in first world countries today. All antis and most hunters will make the argument that a guy down on his luck who kills an animal out of season for food is a "poacher" and should have the book thrown at him because if he is in really bad shape he should seek public assistance.

Point being, reality is that the vast majority of people hunt for fun aka "sport".....and if antis are allowed to define this as a bad thing its not going to be good for any kind of hunting....and it appears that is their strategy to chip away.

It also occurs to me that perhaps the goal is an unchecked predator population as a way to end hunting. The introduction of wolves in the west has hurt deer and elk populations. Fewer animals mean few permits issued, fewer hunting opportunities, and in their mind they hope that people will gradually people give up on it. In an antis mind, its great for a wolf to kill an animal but a terrible thing for a person to shoot one.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Liberal bastids

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If it goes referendum, less chance than Cali or Wash for a ban than in AZ. Still, throw biology out the window. We are up to our holes in lions here.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
As with bears, they will still be killed by ranchers or as nusience animals by game & fish. Only difference is that nobody will be making any money off the hunts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even in the Valley, I don't think that they can get enough signatures on the petition to influence legislators. It may happen some day, but not anytime soon in Arizona.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Here in Washington we lost baiting, hounds, and trapping to a ballot initiative. The worst thing about the loss was all the "hunters" who voted in favor of the ban, because they didn't hunt that way,didn't approve, or just didn't care. We are our own worst enemy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,165
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.