Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
curdog4570,

INTERESTING that you don't answer the question with a simple YES or NO. = My guess is that you've been "handled" X-times for being a lawbreaker, as well as appearing to be a cop-HATING bigot/moron..

Btw, I've been a member of this forum since 15JUN13, so I'm hardly a newcomer here.

Laughing AT you, as I suspect other intelligent & FAIR-MINDED members DO.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, when I became a member, the kindling was still burning in this ‘fire, so you are a new guy to me.

I will tell you this much...... my opinion of L E in general does not come from the liberal media which is a charge often leveled, it comes from observation and personal experience. I attend a lot of the get together and have many personal friends who are members.... some of them are cops.

In this 17 year’s of membership, I pretty much follow the same pattern with regard to cop bashing threads:

I don’t believe I’ve ever STARTED one of these threads, certainly not with a linked article since I don’t search for them and since I’ve started using this IPAD, I don’t know how.

I usually wait until one of the CCC ( Campfire cop contingent) members posts some ludicrous defense of a particularly egregious action and then I respond.

If I see nothing wrong with the cops’ behavior in an incident posted, I either say that or don’t post at all. I never post that my garbage man picked up the garbage...... that’s his job.

Btw...? Do you know that garbage man is a more dangerous profession than being a cop?

And I’ve never, in 76 years of living, called for a cop or needed one, but my garbage man is an important part of my life.

Last edited by curdog4570; 01/01/18.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
curdog4570,

FINE. On the WORST of BAD DAYS that you actually need a LEO to protect your loved ones from a VICIOUS PREDATOR, be sure to call your local garbageman.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
satx, save your energy. curdog's LE expertise and experience is the result of many rides cuffed in the backseat of a cop car w/ his overalls full of crap as is his mind.

In the interest of starting 2018 on a kinder note I suggest one of his caretakers adjust his meds and change his drool stained Remember Mike Brown bib.

Happy New Year to all.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
lvmiker,

WOW. - How did I ever guess that "curdog" was (IS??) a lawbreaker as well as a police-HATER??

LOL, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I decided to read this thread while holding down my chair today. The issue is blatantly obvious to me.
With very few exceptions, the divide between "them" and "us" is all too clear on this thread and it is only worse in the real world.
There is no give or negotiating on either side. There are issues on both sides of the argument.

I'm not picking sides on this one but I would think with the LEO being the professional in the situation, the initial burden would be on them to right the ship. Holding your fellow officers to the same standards as the commoners would be a huge start.

Last edited by White_Bear; 01/01/18.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Well, when I became a member, the kindling was still burning in this ‘fire, so you are a new guy to me.

I will tell you this much...... my opinion of L E in general does not come from the liberal media which is a charge often leveled, it comes from observation and personal experience. I attend a lot of the get together and have many personal friends who are members.... some of them are cops.

In this 17 year’s of membership, I pretty much follow the same pattern with regard to cop bashing threads:

I don’t believe I’ve ever STARTED one of these threads, certainly not with a linked article since I don’t search for them and since I’ve started using this IPAD, I don’t know how.

I usually wait until one of the CCC ( Campfire cop contingent) members posts some ludicrous defense of a particularly egregious action and then I respond.

If I see nothing wrong with the cops’ behavior in an incident posted, I either say that or don’t post at all. I never post that my garbage man picked up the garbage...... that’s his job.

Btw...? Do you know that garbage man is a more dangerous profession than being a cop?

And I’ve never, in 76 years of living, called for a cop or needed one, but my garbage man is an important part of my life.

Wow, just wow.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Man I would love to know how some of you act around cops. I'm always respectful and do what I'm told and I've never had 1 bad incident. When I was younger I deserved a good beating too, but it never came. Sure there is a bad apple in every group, but forfucksake people, most cops are good people just trying to help. Grind your axe if you will, but if you ever need a cop, dont bother calling. See how that works out. Better yet lets just get rid of all of them and try out anarchy. That sounds fun. SMH

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

So, how many police shootings have you personally observed?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[Linked Image]

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am simply concerned that more citizens that have their hands in the air, or who are crawling on the ground as directed are shot dead. I don’t hate anyone, I am concerned however with the uptick in Folks getting shot who apparently are trying to comply.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jimmyp,

What FACTS make you believe that, "more citizens: are being shot/killed by police when the National statistics (even out of the BHO mal-administration's Department of INJUSTICE") say the OPPOSITE??

TRUTH is that police-involved "bad" shootings are DOWN from border to border, according to the US Civil Rights Commission, FBI, USMS & all the various State Police agencies.

FACTS are FACTS & your concerns are mostly needless..

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like I said, it isn't that there's more these incidents. It's that everyone has a video app to film everything now.

That's not even factoring in the population growth numbers. There's way more people now. More cops too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by doubletap

So, how many police shootings have you personally observed?

Looks like Mr "hope and change" convinced a lot of the god fearing folks on here that police are evil

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/obama-war-on-cops-police-advocacy-group-225291

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Just recently we had a man swatted and shot with his hands in the air, naturally the shooting officer said he thought he took something out of his waist band, we just saw an officer acquitted that shot a man who was crawling, and in my neck of the woods officers sent to the wrong address and a man raised his garage door with his pistol in his hand (as he had heard a commotion outside) they “said” they told him to drop the gun but he did not so they killed him. Ordinary 65 year old white man shot dead in his own garage. So my opinion is that a lot of police seem to have less inhibition to shoot someone dead under circumstances that would not have had them shooting 10 years ago. I believe I am a reasonably intelligent individual and I believe fairly that for instance the Michael Brown Shooting was justified, however there have been several shootings by the police that speak to a very troubling trend. Now I get that split second decisions are invoved but if your behind your car with an AR15 and the subject has complied with all your commands its hard to understand why he was shot and easy to suspect the “he reached for his waist before he raised his hands”. I strongly support the police however the bad apples need to Be prosecuted

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jimmyp,

And you REALLY believe the LEFTIST & ANTI-police "news media", given their MANY, OUTRIGHT & PROVEN LIES??
(I can name any number of outright/KNOWING LIES reported by ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, THE WASHINGTON POST, THE CHICAGO TIMES, THE NY TIMES & a hundred other "news outlets".)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tex you are coming off as slightly unhinged in regards to this subject. Your not going to win anyone over that way. Reasonable thinking must prevail here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jimmyp,

Speaking of "unhinged", do you actually READ the errant nonsense that certain "cop-HATERS" on this forum have posted as if their foolishness was even close to factual??

In 2018, I find MANY knowing/hate-FILLED LIARS among the "news media". Anyone, who believes that foolishness, "needs their head examined" to see if their might really be a brain in there. = For example, the FACTS in the "Travon Martin" & Duke Lacrosse Rape Case" NEVER was even close to what the media reported. = In the "Duke Lacrosse case" there was not only NO rape but a female medical doctor, in the employ of the NC State Police, stated that the "alleged victim" had NOT had any sort of "observable sexual activity" in at least 72 hours. Her medical report was distributed, by the local Sheriff's office, to all of the press "outlets" but the report was ignored by the "mainstream press".
(Fwiw, I've trusted NOTHING that the "mainstream press" has reported since Desert Storm, when ABC, CBS, NBC & several of the "major newspapers" filed "with the troops reports" that were actually made from London, Rome & Paris. = NBC fired at least 4 "reporters" for defrauding the network by filing "expense reports" for travel/lodging/car rental/etc, that they NEVER did.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Get used to, and over, it. It's not personal. Some people will never accept responsibility and will always blame the authority figure, whether it's the cops or their mother. That will never change.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Itppowell,

TRUE FACTS. = A goodly percentage of the general public fears/despises the police until they NEED us to defend their family from a MONSTER,.. - On that day, we cannot lawfully do enough to get their approval.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.