Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
P-dog.. I know it's easier said than done but you need to find another ffl. You are getting some bad info and charges from yours.
Pm me if you want, guy I've used for years is $40 transfer +$25 DROS and will gladly give you a copy of his ffl. I don't understand why some guys think that's like giving away some sacred info.
There's a lot of BS info bein passed around out there

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Any FFL that asks you to ship to any address except the one on the FFL is bogus.

It's either a scam, or the FFL is breaking the law. You can't ship to any address except the one on the FFL. It's a crime for you to do it.

Praytell, what info do you have to say what the legal shipping address is?

Legal shipping address is provided by the FFLeZCheck. No?

No numbers given to check the legal mailing address. Without those numbers it is impossible to know what address is on the license.

Okay, I missed something. In the very first post he said the guy sent a copy of the FFL and that he verified the FFL on ezcheck. Then said the guy wants him to ship it to another address.

So.. What numbers weren't given to check the legal premise address?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Quick Google finds the guys numbers to check are 4-61-xxx-xx-xx-07250. License expires 12/01/2019, can ship to
508 A East Happy Valley Str.
Cave City, KY

Pretty straightforward.. What am I missing?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hold whatever funds are sent until they clear ship to the mailing address on the FFL. The premise address and mailing address can be different. As long as you use the mailing address on the FFl which is on record with the feds no big deal. These addresses are on a copy of the FFL or on ez check.

Don't understand why some people think selling a gun is so difficult. Ignore all the internet BS. Spend at most twenty minutes on the atf website and the website of USPS UPS or fedex. Anyone with about a fifth grade or higher education can figure out for themselves what is legal.

It is your call what hoops you want to jump through to make a receiving FFL happy as long as your within the law.

As for a copy of the FFL I am shipping to I insist on one or direct contact from the FFL receiving the gun. I want the dealer in the loop. Want them to be contacted by the buyer before the dealer has something show up out of the blue. Buyer will make contact to have a copy sent to me by the dealer or get a copy which they send to me. Don't care how it gets sent just so I know there was communication between buyer and receiving FFL.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any FFL that asks you to ship to any address except the one on the FFL is bogus.

It's either a scam, or the FFL is breaking the law. You can't ship to any address except the one on the FFL. It's a crime for you to do it.

Praytell, what info do you have to say what the legal shipping address is?

Legal shipping address is provided by the FFLeZCheck. No?

No numbers given to check the legal mailing address. Without those numbers it is impossible to know what address is on the license.

Okay, I missed something. In the very first post he said the guy sent a copy of the FFL and that he verified the FFL on ezcheck. Then said the guy wants him to ship it to another address.

Original post did not say FFL copy was sent. His next post clearly states the FFL refuses to give numbers except to other FFLs. Not sure who is playing games... but I have a good idea...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Certifiable
P-dog.. I know it's easier said than done but you need to find another ffl. You are getting some bad info and charges from yours.
Pm me if you want, guy I've used for years is $40 transfer +$25 DROS and will gladly give you a copy of his ffl. I don't understand why some guys think that's like giving away some sacred info.
There's a lot of BS info bein passed around out there

BATFE tells FFLs to NOT give out copies... this situation is a perfect example why not... but do carry on.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Hold whatever funds are sent until they clear ship to the mailing address on the FFL. The premise address and mailing address can be different. As long as you use the mailing address on the FFl which is on record with the feds no big deal. These addresses are on a copy of the FFL or on ez check.

Don't understand why some people think selling a gun is so difficult. Ignore all the internet BS. Spend at most twenty minutes on the atf website and the website of USPS UPS or fedex. Anyone with about a fifth grade or higher education can figure out for themselves what is legal.

It is your call what hoops you want to jump through to make a receiving FFL happy as long as your within the law.

As for a copy of the FFL I am shipping to I insist on one or direct contact from the FFL receiving the gun. I want the dealer in the loop. Want them to be contacted by the buyer before the dealer has something show up out of the blue. Buyer will make contact to have a copy sent to me by the dealer or get a copy which they send to me. Don't care how it gets sent just so I know there was communication between buyer and receiving FFL.

Thank you for adding nothing but confusion... non-partisan are not supposed to receive copies, period. If you cannot figure out how to get around that, where is the problem?

Hint, it is not with the regulations.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Original post did not say FFL copy was sent. His next post clearly states the FFL refuses to give numbers except to other FFLs. Not sure who is playing games... but I have a good idea...

Very first post..
someone replied to my ad from Cave City Kentucky and offered to buy my gun, it's too good to be true . he even offered to pay for shipment and sent a copy of his FFL license.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Very first post..
someone replied to my ad from Cave City Kentucky and offered to buy my gun, it's too good to be true . he even offered to pay for shipment and sent a copy of his FFL license.

Reading comprehension is a gift... His first post did not say an FFL copy was sent... it was edited... next post still clearly shows the buyer refused to give numbers to anyone except other FFLs. The second one does not make sense in light of the edited first post.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was reading this as persiandog got a copy of a legit FFL, but the buyer was asking him to ship it to the mail to or some other address. Which would be illegal, and possible signs of a scam. If the legit FFL is wanting it shipped to the premise address and simply wants to overpay for a gun, go for it! Haven't met an FFL yet that would be willing to commit felony mail fraud and lose his FFL for a $500 gun.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=Calhoun]Reading comprehension is a gift... His first post did not say an FFL copy was sent... it was edited... next post still clearly shows the buyer refused to give numbers to anyone except other FFLs. The second one does not make sense in light of the edited first post.

If it's been edited, then it's not my comprehension that's at fault. I can't read something that no longer exists..

So problem all resolved then?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was reading this as persiandog got a copy of a legit FFL, but the buyer was asking him to ship it to the mail to or some other address. Which would be illegal, and possible signs of a scam. If the legit FFL is wanting it shipped to the premise address and simply wants to overpay for a gun, go for it! Haven't met an FFL yet that would be willing to commit felony mail fraud and lose his FFL for a $500 gun.

Read it as you wish, but the FFL and both addresses match. It looks more like someone wasting time..

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
traced his email routing to an IP in Oregon , also have phone number with Oregon area code and most likely is his.
called ffl and there is a good chance we will get him.
what I don't understand is why commit a major felony crime involving a gun ?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by persiandog
traced his email routing to an IP in Oregon , also have phone number with Oregon area code and most likely is his.
called ffl and there is a good chance we will get him.
what I don't understand is why commit a major felony crime involving a gun ?

Dude, you should just move on and forget the deal. As a matter of fact you should maybe move on from anything involving firearms based on this and your earlier posts regarding your reloading skills. Maybe it's time you found some new, less problematic hobbies such as snow cone making or knitting with rounded needles.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53

Dude, you should just move on and forget the deal. As a matter of fact you should maybe move on from anything involving firearms based on this and your earlier posts regarding your reloading skills. Maybe it's time you found some new, less problematic hobbies such as snow cone making or knitting with rounded needles.

you have to admit this has been very educational for a lot of people , otherwise nobody would have replied.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

you have to admit this has been very educational for a lot of people , otherwise nobody would have replied.

Ahhhhh........ The proverbial gold at the end of the rainbow syndrome.......... How cute. smile

Like others have stated, take up a less dangerous hobby for yourself. You're only one more strike away from a total strike out...... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ruff crowd. I gotta look up the reloading stuff. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12486585/1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I have to admit that you are a tool, but who didn't know that.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12486585/1

Daayaammmm!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 1234, 53 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,663
Posts18,534,077
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.