Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I understand the rant posts are not super popular. I don't post much here anyway, mostly a lurker gleaning info. However, before Christmas while looking through the classifieds I see that someone is looking for 6.5-06 dies. I post that I have some that I don't use and offer to sell them for 40 bucks shipped. I offered to send pictures and he never asked for them. Keep in mind these are used dies and I live in central Mississippi. The dies have external surface rust but are clean on the inside and work just fine. I send them Thursday before Christmas and the guy starts hounding me every day the next week. I misplaced the tracking number and told him if they didn't show up by today I would refund him. I get home today and have a message from him that they arrived but have rust and he wants his money back. I respond saying sure, what's the best way to do that since I don't use paypal that much. I then get an email from paypal saying that dispute has been opened. They guy didn't even give me a chance to make things right. At this point I go search his posting and everything he's ever done on here has been trying to buy or sell something. I told him that I paid to ship them, they work just fine and he can pay to ship them back. Guy is being an ass over 40 bucks. At the same time that I sell this guy these dies, somebody else posted that they needed a 98 Mauser stock for a project. I had an old synthetic from a Zastava I bought as a project some years ago and sent the guy the stock for free. Paid shipping and asked nothing in return. Told the guy to do someone else a favor down the line. Had the guy that needed the dies been in dire straits I probably would have done the same for him. I have been a cop for 20 years and still get surprised by some peoples behavior. I should expect it but I keep hoping that someone will prove me wrong.
The guy in questions handle is catbegone FYI. Maybe I just caught him on a bad day buy seller/buyer beware.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Who knows. I can't imagine being that mad about something that doesn't really matter. I guess it's good he let you know now not to deal with him again. Saves you time later smile

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Hopefully I can save someone else the heartburn as well.
Patrick

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would have told him there was rust and sent pictures. None of that would have cost you a dime.

Maybe next time do your part.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a shame. I guess he didn't need them that bad.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell him to put them in his tumbler for a couple of hours and the rust will be gone. Nah, tell him to stick them up his azz. Oops, I mean pusay.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Make sure to post about your issue in the good guy sticky thread at the top of the classified section.

Reads like the buyer is a jerk but there is always another side.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

Originally Posted by Clydesdale
I would have told him there was rust and sent pictures. None of that would have cost you a dime.

Maybe next time do your part.

Yup.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What's the saying about hindsight again?.........

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
bite the bullet,pay for return shipping,and move on.Do Not give him credit(as in a freebie) ,jmo

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Did you tell him about the rust on the dies? I can only speak for myself but if I purchased a set of dies that had rust on them, even if it was only external, and the seller had not told me about the condition prior to the purchase I would be bothered too. However I agree that he should have given you a chance to straighten the situation out prior to filing a complaint.

When I sell something I try to give a full and honest evaluation of the item and if anything I under describe it's condition, the result is a satisfied buyer - it's just good practice to ensure everyone is happy.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bite the bullet,pay for return shipping,and move on.

Since the OP isn't smart enough to do this, he is now on ignore.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by drover
Did you tell him about the rust on the dies? I can only speak for myself but if I purchased a set of dies that had rust on them, even if it was only external, and the seller had not told me about the condition prior to the purchase I would be bothered too. However I agree that he should have given you a chance to straighten the situation out prior to filing a complaint.

When I sell something I try to give a full and honest evaluation of the item and if anything I under describe it's condition, the result is a satisfied buyer - it's just good practice to ensure everyone is happy.

drover

Did you even read the ops post?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes. Send pics even if the buyer says no pics are needed and require him to send you a signed and notarized statement before the sale telling you he doesnt mind if they are rusty on the outside, dummy. Do it rite dammit. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burn his house down.

LOL
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Burning his house seems a bit extreme. I refunded the guy his purchase price. If he makes a big deal out of it I'll kick in 7 bucks for shipping. When I get them back I will list them in the classifieds as free to the first guy that isn't this Ahole. So if anyone needs a set of 6.5-06 dies, stand by. Someone is going to get a New Years present.
Patrick

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Chicks

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by watch4bear
bite the bullet,pay for return shipping,and move on.

Since the OP isn't smart enough to do this, he is now on ignore.
really?

I thought only manlicker and milespatton put people on the "wahhhhh, Ignore" you never struck me as that type. Oh well.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by drover

drover

Did you even read the ops post?

Well, Yes I did read before replying and I just re-read it again. No where in the OP is it mentioned that he told the buyer about the external rust, from reading the OP description of events the buyer was not aware of the rust until he received the dies.

Perhaps I am missing something in the OP. What did I miss?

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You're right drover, I probably should have mentioned it. I offered pictures that would have shown the condition of the dies. He did not respond to the offer, he just wanted to know where to send the money. The rust is little more than some surface discoloration, it's not as if I sent him unusable equipment. The dies are old RCBS dies that were passed around before they got to me. I would not have sent unusable dies and I offered to refund him before the dies ever arrived at his house. I don't know what the guys problem is. He made a claim with paypal and is now pissed that "his" money is tied up and won't be returned until the merchandise is delivered back to me. ALL of this could have been avoided with a little bit of communication. The guy went straight to full Ahole without stopping at go. It won't happen again. Like I said before, as soon as I get them back I'm giving them away. I will run them through my tumbler for an hour to make them look like new again and then give the damn things away just out of spite. I think that you misunderstood the point to this post which was not about the money, it was about the way people handle things. No one want's to wait for anything and if it isn't factory new it's defective. That is what he described the dies to paypal as, defective. If you don't want them or are unhappy fine, but after bugging the crap out of me for almost two weeks about where they were, he didn't even try to communicate with me, he immediately filed a dispute. He then upgraded the dispute to a claim, a move I don't think he realized would tie up the money until the resolution of the claim. Now he's mad because he can't get his money.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.