Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We've had this in NY since the passage of the SAFE Act 5 years ago. There is still no background checks here to buy ammo (the background check system is not yet in place and may very well never be), some out of state vendors are still shipping ammo to your door in NY, and shooters/hunters freely give ammo to each other at private ranges. These types of laws are, for all practical purposes, unenforceable. The most likely way for one to get prosecuted under these types of laws is if you give ammo to someone who commits a crime with it and they rat you out. So - - -, you people in California, don't give ammo to anyone you don't know well or that won't be used up at a range. Living under stupid laws like these mean that you just have to get comfortable ignoring these stupid laws. Laws like these are all about making it SEEM that politicians are actually doing something to make people safer. The effectiveness or enforceability of these laws is really irrelevant to them.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 6mm250
If I send ammo to a democrat in Kalifornia will they go to jail ?

Mike

I still want to know...

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting. So if some mystery person send one round of ammo to every California official, does that make the official a felon?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Interesting. So if some mystery person send one round of ammo to every California official, does that make the official a felon?

That's what I'm trying to find out.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: To add to all the beyond bizarre bullschite coming out of "kalifornicationkopia" I saw today on The Drudge Report that a "study" of kalifornicationkopia youth found that 27% (twenty seven percent!) of them consider themselves to be "non-gender conforming"!
What ever the pphhuckk that is?
These items just prove that liberalism is a mental disease!
kalifornicationkopia is simply a cesspool of anti-capitalists, illegal aliens and anti-American cretins.
Sad in a way but has been this way for some time now - all the while getting worse and worse.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
... California.

No transfers of ammunition are permitted except through a licensed dealer.

I think the objective is to put gun dealers out of business.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WoodsStalker
It is hard to imagine schitt this stupid!!!

I know what you mean, but sadly, it isn't hard to imagine at all.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
... California.

No transfers of ammunition are permitted except through a licensed dealer.

I think the objective is to put gun dealers out of business.

Just how would that work if they are the only ones in the state that can provide ammo to the public? Only those who are licensed can provide ammo for firearms sounds like a monopoly of sorts to me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by cooper57m
We've had this in NY since the passage of the SAFE Act 5 years ago. There is still no background checks here to buy ammo (the background check system is not yet in place and may very well never be), some out of state vendors are still shipping ammo to your door in NY, and shooters/hunters freely give ammo to each other at private ranges. These types of laws are, for all practical purposes, unenforceable. The most likely way for one to get prosecuted under these types of laws is if you give ammo to someone who commits a crime with it and they rat you out. So - - -, you people in California, don't give ammo to anyone you don't know well or that won't be used up at a range. Living under stupid laws like these mean that you just have to get comfortable ignoring these stupid laws. Laws like these are all about making it SEEM that politicians are actually doing something to make people safer. The effectiveness or enforceability of these laws is really irrelevant to them.

Yeah, but when they do enforce them they will do it to the fullest extent of the law to make an example of some poor smuck. That's the way lieberals work.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yup, that's why it's important to be smart enough to make sure that you aren't that poor smuck. Don't get involved in any black market ammo dealing but I wouldn't worry about giving or selling a box of ammo to a friend.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Newest here, according to local sporting goods outlet, they can sell ammo as the new regs are not in effect yet. According to them, on the phone that is. Not according to CA Dept of Justice or any other .gov organization. The employees all have been cleared to sell (yes, the sales folks all had to get fingerprinted and BG checks) , the store itself has completed all paperwork, etc for it's license, but nothing has been "approved/finalized". Therefore they are selling ammo, only change is it's now kept in a locked display.

Geno

PS, I'm trying to see if CRPA and NRA have any news. They asked CA DOJ/ Attorney General for a stay because things have not been clarified. I don't think the AGT wanted to initiate a stay, according to the letter to the Eldorado County Sheriff. Just let them close their doors for a few days, tight?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,340
Posts18,526,828
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.