Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
No lay a ways were taken. You’re all good....

The thieves were total dipshidts...

Sound like meth may be involved.

Uh ohs.....sounds like crackers.. check the local trailer parks and Wal-Mart.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/12/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
A group of teenagers of African appearance?

Just FYI: They have Jews in KY...

They murdered Christ, so a grand larceny wouldn't be a stretch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the thieves were from Nashville, the chances are very good that they were Afro-American. I get my local news out of Nashville, and I see who commits most of the crime down there. They have had a number of gun stores broken into in the Nashville area, and from the surveillance videos they've shown on the news, all the perps have been Black. Nashville, a city that has been turned into a liberal bastion, has a serious crime problem, and with a large Black population, there is a demand for illegal guns.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
SAS--did the coppers tell you who the little bastard was and his hometown?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sako76

I’ll get that info tomorrow. They’ll update me after the interrogation. I’m betting they’ll have some more good info tomorrow.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I’ll get that info tomorrow. They’ll update me after the interrogation. I’m betting they’ll have some more good info tomorrow.

I hope they waterboard him into spilling his guts and rolls over. Here's hoping the cops get the crooks and you get your inventory back.

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Be interesting to know if the same punks who did the hands-on thieving did it all on their own without direction or input from anyone else and also are doing the selling on their own too or if they steal for or sell stolen guns for a little quick cash to someone else that does the actual reselling on the street.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Around here the small to mid-size shops put all the handguns in a safe when the store closes, and the long guns have mechanical security. The larger shops are industrial concrete tilt-up buildings with mechanical security, alarms, cameras, lights, etc., cages on the entrance.

If I opened up a shop I'd have a built-in walk in safe with a vault door like a bank vault...reinforced concrete is cheaper and more secure than any safe.

That's only fairly minimal, common sense basic security just for starters...

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If only gun traps were legal!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Shortmag
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Well - I hope my layaway wasn't the sole rifle!

Boomer, I thought the same when I saw the title. I got a Tikka on layaway there.

GK

I'm glad SAS responded to let us know we're good to go and our Tikkas are still safely awaiting us! I'm hesitant to pay it off as the duration of time that I don't have something on layaway has dwindled to mere hours lately....

FREE SHIPPING CODE: 327

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 01/12/18.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Thieves should be shot on sight.

Damn a thief!

AMEN!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sounds like you need a new alarm company also! It looks like the lone long gun taken was an AR. With that much glass at the store you may want to look at a metal role down door.

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sounds like you need a new alarm company also! It looks like the lone long gun taken was an AR. With that much glass at the store you may want to look at a metal role down door.

Another interesting tidbit — the windows were supposed to be the triple laminated security glass per our spec when the building was built. The doors were. They tried breaking the glass there first, but couldn’t get through. Obviously, the windows weren’t what we told the builder we wanted. That’s another conversation...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RS308MX
If only gun traps were legal!

Back in the 1960's, there was a little country store a few miles down the road from us. It had been broken into a few times and the owner set a trap gun aimed at the front door, a 12 gauge shotgun. His daughter lived behind the store, and went down there one night to get something, forgot about the gun, and opened the front door. Lucky for her the blast caught her high in the shoulder and didn't kill her.

About a year later, someone broke in, and the daughter called her father. The old fellow came over, and caught the thieves still in the store. One thief was holding the door, and wouldn't let the old man in, so he shot through the door several times with a 22 pistol. That opened the door alright. It was pretty apparent that the owner did not like a thief.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Whittakers is about 15 miles SW of Owensboro, the nearest town of any real size, so any LE response times have to be factored in with that in mind. No matter the alarm system, it takes awhile to get there, and the roads are curvy, narrow, and not exactly great for high speed runs by sheriff's deputies, who may, or may not, be trained in that regard. It just takes time, regardless, unless the responder happens to be in the neighborhood.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I hate thieves. Sucks you have to deal with this while running a business.

L
L
Originally Posted by joken2

Wonder how law enforcement and even SWAT would go about responding to a gun store break-in, especially one as well stocked with all types of firearms, ammunition, gun powder and tactical gear as Whittaker's always is, and even more so in the pitch black early morning hours, knowing there's a possibility that the intruders could still be inside the store?

Gas them it's that easy. No one on the outside of store get heart.

Last edited by lefty222; 01/15/18.
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by lefty222
Originally Posted by joken2

Wonder how law enforcement and even SWAT would go about responding to a gun store break-in, especially one as well stocked with all types of firearms, ammunition, gun powder and tactical gear as Whittaker's always is, and even more so in the pitch black early morning hours, knowing there's a possibility that the intruders could still be inside the store?

Gas them it's that easy. No one on the outside of store get heart.

And keep their fingers crossed that the store doesn't stock gas masks or the thieves aren't experienced pros and brought their own?

(Welcome to the 24 Hour Campfire and congrats on finally making your first post.)

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Why not have a 24-hour security guard on duty?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Why not have a 24-hour security guard on duty?

In fact, you'd think the insurance company would give them a better premium if they did that.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,341
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.