Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
CRS Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Already looking forward to next year's deer hunting season. But I do have a question.

If I shoot a buck, but only have a doe tag, can I claim that the buck did not want to be a buck?

I mean...maybe he had always wanted to be a doe, but through no choice of his own he was born with the physical attributes of a male. And yet, on the inside he had always known that he was truly female.

Just wondering if I can get the Game Warden to buy it, because society and the Supreme Court already does.

cool

Arcus Venator
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Um....no. not until you can speak deer, and hold a degree in deer psychology, and hold peer reviewed papers on the validity of the theory, while holding a government grant on the study of deer preferential husbandry.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I’d think if the buck self identifies as a doe, you should be ok. Explain it that way to Johnny Greenpants and let us know how it turns out!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
CRS Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
grin

Arcus Venator
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Good luck with that!

IC B2

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Just to be safe I'd slap some lipstick and one of those rainbow flag stickers on him.

CRS Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What if I shoot him with a 270?

Arcus Venator
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by CRS

Texas heart shot?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Actually, this guy shot a transgender doe. Saw this the other day.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ate-season-deer-by-neighbor#Post12541171

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
CRS Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My son shot a mule deer buck a few years ago that had 18" velvet spikes, largest body deer we have ever taken. The testicles were about the size of my little finger nail.

Would that qualify?

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Actually, this guy shot a transgender doe. Saw this the other day.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ate-season-deer-by-neighbor#Post12541171

Reverse thinking of course, would have to use a buck tag?

Arcus Venator
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by CRS

That's a whole different debate. Nothing decisive yet from the internets about whether traps are gay. The 270, as we all know, is gayer than Liberace in a Greek bath house.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go for it, and let us know how it shakes out. Cookie usually finds a couple each season.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Seems Mother Nature is far from perfect,

Last edited by 1minute; 01/15/18.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CRS
Already looking forward to next year's deer hunting season. But I do have a question.

If I shoot a buck, but only have a doe tag, can I claim that the buck did not want to be a buck?

I mean...maybe he had always wanted to be a doe, but through no choice of his own he was born with the physical attributes of a male. And yet, on the inside he had always known that he was truly female.

Just wondering if I can get the Game Warden to buy it, because society and the Supreme Court already does.

cool

Well, I had a little run-in with a short little female game warden this season with her shave-cut, obviously sufferin' from some gender identity issues herself. It may be possible to convince her...

Here's the story.
I was hunting the farm when this game warden comes walking down the hill and across the creek from my position. Her build and lack of breath when she reached me suggested she was a bit out of shape. She seemed a little off as she reached me, gave me her name and then explained she was a 'flatlander'. Anyway, she said there was an issue with an illegal harvest and claimed I was in a different county than I was in, and questioned if I had killed a doe that was hanging behind my barn. According to the GPS coordinates she gave dispatch, we were actually standing over 150 miles from where she claimed we were standing. She was trying to seriously cite that I was hunting illegally while I was trying not to laugh my arse off. I began to think I was going to wake up from a bad dream.

Eventually I convinced her that she was giving dispatch the wrong location information. She later confessed she was filling in for the normal game warden for the area and had gotten 'turned around' after answering a call that someone in the area was killing does illegally. Of course, I had DMAP tags and, in addition, the area I was hunting had a season-long doe season with a limit of 3 does on my regular license. I took her card and gave her my information, license, etc. After explaining to her where the county lines and property lines were in relation to the road she drove in on, she gave that information to dispatch also, and realized she just might be wrong and a little turned around. She left, saying she was going to investigate further, with no citation written.
She called later that day to kind of apologize... said that after checking further, I was legal and the coordinates she had called in to dispatch were incorrect. Have no idea where she got them from.

I still have no idea how she got so screwed up with where she thought she was. She ended up being a pretty nice person.

One of my craziest experiences while hunting ever.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Did she mention how it was she came to be there in the first place?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by CRS

cool

Well, I had a little run-in with a short little female game warden this season with her shave-cut, obviously sufferin' from some gender identity issues herself. It may be possible to convince her...

Here's the story.
I was hunting the farm when this game warden comes walking down the hill and across the creek from my position. Her build and lack of breath when she reached me suggested she was a bit out of shape. She seemed a little off as she reached me, gave me her name and then explained she was a 'flatlander'. Anyway, she said there was an issue with an illegal harvest and claimed I was in a different county than I was in, and questioned if I had killed a doe that was hanging behind my barn. According to the GPS coordinates she gave dispatch, we were actually standing over 150 miles from where she claimed we were standing. She was trying to seriously cite that I was hunting illegally while I was trying not to laugh my arse off. I began to think I was going to wake up from a bad dream.

Eventually I convinced her that she was giving dispatch the wrong location information. She later confessed she was filling in for the normal game warden for the area and had gotten 'turned around' after answering a call that someone in the area was killing does illegally. Of course, I had DMAP tags and, in addition, the area I was hunting had a season-long doe season with a limit of 3 does on my regular license. I took her card and gave her my information, license, etc. After explaining to her where the county lines and property lines were in relation to the road she drove in on, she gave that information to dispatch also, and realized she just might be wrong and a little turned around. She left, saying she was going to investigate further, with no citation written.
She called later that day to kind of apologize... said that after checking further, I was legal and the coordinates she had called in to dispatch were incorrect. Have no idea where she got them from.

I still have no idea how she got so screwed up with where she thought she was. She ended up being a pretty nice person.

One of my craziest experiences while hunting ever.

I remember a time when incompetence was an undesirable when working for the government. Now it is practically a prerequisite for hire.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ben300WSM
Did she mention how it was she came to be there in the first place?

Said someone called from the area and reported poaching (killing does out of season). Obviously someone who was not familiar with the game laws. Probably saw someone with a doe on the tailgate or something...IDK.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 23 invisible), 1,718 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.