What are the o-rings for? Decoration?

GOA
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
They are an option. Like collet dies, rifle slings or camo underwear.

You can bag on bolt handles, collet dies, and slings all you want but don't start in on my camo underwear, that's where I draw the line.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

You can bag on bolt handles, collet dies, and slings all you want but don't start in on my camo underwear, that's where I draw the line.

They keep you well hidden when you're having a dump...unless you have a good sense of smell.

Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
What are the o-rings for? Decoration?

I have the same handle. I'm not sure what they are for. I removed them. They come off easily anyway. I doubt they would last that long if kept.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That’s a safety thing though. Same with camo toilet paper. That flash of white has been the cause of fatal shootings and shootings in which both parties wish it had been fatal for generations.

Needless to say, the bitchers will do so, ad infinidum- even if you capitulate to there demands and make the move to solid color drawers- it’ll just be back to bolt knobs, scopes that don’t have 4” eye relied etc etc.

One thing nice about that big handle is that after I yank on it real good a half dozen or so times I start to have confidence that my Remington bolt handle won’t snap off on some brush while I’m hiking.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

They keep you well hidden when you're having a dump...unless you have a good sense of smell.

Wrong again, my sh** don't stink. After all, isn't that the theme of this thread?

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm not sure of the theme of this thread, but thanks for stopping by.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm not sure either. And I will admit that my sh** does stink. But not my farts.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I was thinking about getting one for me Ruger No. 1.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some of you have some impressive knobs.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by jwall
Some guys just have a problem finding their knob, especially when they can't see it.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Man, I see couples so obese there AIN'T no way they can meet facing each other. whistle

Jerry

I dated a woman 15 years ago who had an aunt and uncle just a few years older. This pair was quite rotund. During a family Christmas celebration in which we got quite soused, I asked them how they accomplished certain romantic feats. It apparently required quite a bit of groping and roll-shifting, but less flour than I'd suspected.

That made me chuckle and dry heave. It's interesting how a thread about bolt knobs can morph into an anecdote like that.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Some guys just have a problem finding their knob, especially when they can't see it.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

That made me chuckle and dry heave. It's interesting how a thread about bolt knobs can morph into an anecdote like that.

laugh laugh

Well it's H n S's fault. He started it. whistle

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Some of you have some impressive knobs.

Really ?
whistle grin grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I reckon everyone is different....as I have a hard time fathoming why anyone would not have a longer, oversized knob on a working rifle.

Everyone IS different. Every guy who shoots and/or hunts has his own unique approach to the whole business.

I was shooting by the time I was seven years old and have been at it for 55 years. I was far beyond the impressionable age when Desert Storm took place and all the kids decided they wanted to be snipers and thought anything that looked "tactical" was the coolest. If a guy wants a bolt knob the size of an orange juice can, that's his choice---and it may be perfect for the way he employs his rifle...but to tell me that my traditional rifle is just no longer a viable tool is a nonstarter. None of my hunting failures could ever be blamed on my equipment, save one scope failure.

For most hunting, I like something that is easy to carry. I carry a rifle a hell of a lot more than I shoot it. Bigass bolt knobs, target turrets, bipods, and 40-ounce scopes just aren't my thing. Svelte and with no unnecessary projections works for me. That is MY approach. Everyone else is welcome to their own.

Bigass bolt knobs being fugly is my opinion, and here again, everyone else is welcome to their own. Purely subjective, no wrong answers.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I reckon everyone is different....as I have a hard time fathoming why anyone would not have a longer, oversized knob on a working rifle.

Everyone IS different. Every guy who shoots and/or hunts has his own unique approach to the whole business.

I was shooting by the time I was seven years old and have been at it for 55 years. I was far beyond the impressionable age when Desert Storm took place and all the kids decided they wanted to be snipers and thought anything that looked "tactical" was the coolest. If a guy wants a bolt knob the size of an orange juice can, that's his choice---and it may be perfect for the way he employs his rifle...but to tell me that my traditional rifle is just no longer a viable tool is a nonstarter. None of my hunting failures could ever be blamed on my equipment, save one scope failure.

For most hunting, I like something that is easy to carry. I carry a rifle a hell of a lot more than I shoot it. Bigass bolt knobs, target turrets, bipods, and 40-ounce scopes just aren't my thing. Svelte and with no unnecessary projections works for me. That is MY approach. Everyone else is welcome to their own.

Bigass bolt knobs being fugly is my opinion, and here again, everyone else is welcome to their own. Purely subjective, no wrong answers.

Hahaha. Each to there own, the really important thing is that we understand that yours is an informed decision that make sense and ours is inspired by GI joe fantasies....
I like that post, it helps to clarify and restablish your position. ThNk you for taking the time.

Last edited by 175rltw; 01/20/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by cra1948

grin grin
There ya go !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

laugh laugh laugh laugh

laugh laugh

Well it's H n S's fault. He started it. whistle

Jerry

I take responsibility for the locker room talk here. Now, get out there and grab 'em by the knob!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
laugh laugh

HuntNShoot -

I was not sure IF it was You or I who took the left turn but no matter. grin

Now fellows to the Point of Bolt Handles.

As a disengaged bystander. I've seen some Good Looking Bolt Handles here. If you like yours great NO matter what anyone else thinks.

From my perspective:

1. I've never had the op to shoot at game from PRONE so....

2. That stated, I've never had a problem finding, grasping, operating any B A bolt. Only a couple stand out as not user friendly to ME. I no longer have them.

3. A couple I like pictured here would be too large for scope clearance w/o elevating the scope. Maybe that's one function of rails. Don't know and I'm not interested in finding out.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

let us know the mfg P/N when you get it

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by tikkanut

let us know the mfg P/N when you get it

proly akin to the Contender helper lever I'm guessing............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can see adding them to a Remington 700. I've always thought the bolt handle on them were a bit too small. I like a M70 or Ruger M77 bolt handle best, they seem to fit me best.

I put a large knob on a Savage 12 varmint rifle, it seemed to work a bit better that way, when you're shooting at prairie dogs and working a bolt a lot.

There are also oversized knobs on the two Ruger American rimfire rifles I have, a Predator and a SS .22 Magnum. They work just fine, and aren't oversized enough to matter much. They seem to be handier on these little guns, which get shot a helluva lot.

But I can't see needing one on a deer rifle. One shot oughta be all you need.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 01/20/18.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,852
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.