Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Good to hear Tracy!

We ask folks to bring whatever snacks they may want, adult beverages for themselves, a coffee cup maybe. Now of course many bring extra for all so it's not necessary really.

Food wise from Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast it's supplied. I know folks like to contribute, desserts are welcome. I've found out it's easier for me to supply the main dishes and way too hard to keep track of who's bringing what... I end up with too many eggs and not enough of other things... if someone has to back out I have to figure what it was they were bringing and compensate.

Much easier if I have control and as Ed said a small food donation is accepted but not mandatory, food money is carried over from each event, it has always worked out. Mostly us locals want to host and those traveling just get here, bring shooting irons, have a good time and travel safe.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
checked out all the cast ware I've accumulated and separating the ones I'll take.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Well literally minutes ago I was discussing this with my wife, given a Tuscon friend and I will be heading to my place in north Idaho the two weeks prior, and she highly recommended I leave once more for Tonto. Not sure what she is telling me but I am good to go and should be there. Debating on pulling my trailer or tenting it. If anyone is looking for a San Antonio area based road trip let me know.

Tracy,

Contrary to the PM I just sent, Parkside sausage would be more than welcomed. Also, I showed up fairly pronto a couple of years ago and just gave Kent some cash to help with the costs.

Ed

Roger that!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
not looking good for me ,suppost to start radiation Dec 15 still not started more scans now waiting for a byopsy on back of throut and tounge ,,more and more delays then 35 sessions of radiation,. I won't go into more detail but i am getting pissed at the time delays , hard to plan anything waiting for life to have a clear path.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry we won't see ya Norm...

but as a cancer survivor, as with ALL cancer victims...
you and your health are always in the prayers of those
of us who have walked the path before you....

stay strong, and God Bless for return to good health...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Norm - have been eager to meet you, so am sorry that you can't make this one - and am looking forward to your coming to the next one.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Paul,
you going to put up the shoots??

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have targets.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Norm, Sorry to hear that you're not able to attend. What part of BC are you in ? I lived in BC for a brief period of time back in the early 80's

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Victoria now and its my home town, but lived in Midway north of Ferry County Wash ,ST. for 15 years and am looking tobbuy a place just outside of Vernon BC.

I might make it to the 4 corners in early May on a honey moon trip, if I can get all this medical stuff done , its the 4th time around.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

IC B3

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lived in Chilliwack, Quesnel, Salmon Arm. Vanderhoof, Kamloops and Pentiction... I guess I got around. I was in Victoria 2 years ago come March. We had a wonderful time.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Owl
I lived in Chilliwack, Quesnel, Salmon Arm. Vanderhoof, Kamloops and Pentiction... I guess I got around. I was in Victoria 2 years ago come March. We had a wonderful time.

YOU beeneverywhere man breathed the mountain air man I've been everywhere..

you did get around what kind of work ???or where you on the run [[smilie face.]]

norm

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Seafire

Ditto - from "The Warden" and me. John spoke well.
BTW - it appears we'll attend, good folk. smile
I look forward to meeting fresh "victims" smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello folks. Dennis will be the lead guy for our shooting contests at the Tonto event, and I will be helping him with setup, materials, etc.. Owl, if you have any 4" targets or 4" spots to spare, we may need those.

Dennis wrote out the info for each shoot event and decided to call them "disciplines". Not sure why he was inspired to use that term, but maybe Karen has been laying down the law since he got back from the Alaska wilds and he's had to clean up his act. So - here they are.

Scheduled Shooting Disciplines for Tonto Basin

1.) The Rimfire Shoot at 30 yards: ANY rimfire sporting rifle (or pistol), iron sights only- no optics. May use front rest, bipod, shooting sticks etc. Shooting rest must touch the ground. NO benchrest. 5 shots at 1/2" dot superimposed on a varmint silhouette TBD. Smallest group with at least 1 shot hitting the dot wins.

2.) The 22 Rimfire shoot at 150 yards. Any 22 Long Rifle sporting rifle. Any sight is allowed. 5 shots at 4" disc, smallest group with at least one hit on the disc wins. Any shooting position allowed.

3.) The Prairie Dog shoot at 150 yards. One shot at a 1" (or smaller) dot superimposed on a prairie dog target using any sporting rifle with any sights. Closest to center of the dot wins. This can be shot from any position.

4.) The Sporting Rifle 3-shot group shoot. 3 shots at a 1" dot at 150 yards, any sporting rifle, any sights, any shooting position. Smallest group with at least one hit on the dot wins.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Ditto - from "The Warden" and me. John spoke well.
BTW - it appears we'll attend, good folk. smile
I look forward to meeting fresh "victims" smile

hey Mark, that is great you and your lovely wife will be at Tonto..

that way,I don't have to drive all the way to Las Vegas to visit you two
after Tonto is over....

just for anyone who would like to know... I'm going to be going up to
Potlandia and picking up Scott F... who asked to ride down with me...

Milo has also offered to let Scott F to sack out in his Motor Home...
so Scott will be sleeping good and also warm....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Good morning gang.
My presence is still tenative. I will probably have a better idea when we get closer to the event. Things here can change between breakfast and lunch.
frown

Currently have a large bore flintlock just aching for some powder & ball time. Im really hoping I can pull this trip off. But just not able to commit.

Will keep you posted

Vôtre serviteur,

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Looks a lot less dusty from an aerial photo.... whistle

and map doesn't help those coming from the north...

but then having been there, I'm good to go...

unless you guys move camp on me...and don't post it...again... grin

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
There are multiple ways to get to Punkin center, first timers let me know which direction you will be traveling from and I will figure the best route.

From Punkin center go west on FS409, big dirt rd down a ridge about a mile until there is a rd to the right, turn north, the road gets rougher but a car can make it, half mile to camp.

First timers exchange phone numbers with me and I can guide you in if needed, or meet at the highway.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Looks a lot less dusty from an aerial photo.... whistle

and map doesn't help those coming from the north...

but then having been there, I'm good to go...

unless you guys move camp on me...and don't post it...again... grin

Coming from the north there's that small diversion called the grand canyon you have to get around, so it depends on where N is...

Once to I40 then there are different ways in depending E or W.

Same with I10 or some of the back roads.

In a Wednesday golf game I play in if you win to big they tell you next week it's on thursday...

Kent

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.