Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hope the pit's got a collar on..... They are incredibly athletic dogs.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Dad got attacked by a fox hound when I was young. Dog had him by the left arm, and Dad reached down, grabbed the dog by the balls and held him at arm's length. Dog let go and went absolutely rigid as a board (so would I!)

I doubt one could lift a large dog that way, but hold enough weight up by its testicles, and you will get its attention. No dangly bits? You're in Plan B land.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My Dad got attacked by a fox hound when I was young. Dog had him by the left arm, and Dad reached down, grabbed the dog by the balls and held him at arm's length. Dog let go and went absolutely rigid as a board (so would I!)

I doubt one could lift a large dog that way, but hold enough weight up by its testicles, and you will get its attention. No dangly bits? You're in Plan B land.

Years ago, in my more athletic days, I was in Tae Kwon Do practice sparring with a cocky little 18 year old blackbelt. I did a front kick at him just as he was moving, and my foot went straight up between his legs and connected squarely, and firmly, with his "dangly bits". Danged if he didn't do the exact same thing, eyes glazed over, froze like a board, and hit the ground. I don't think he even took a breath for like 2 minutes.............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stay on your feet. If you fall off them, jump back up like your azz is spring loaded.

Get pizzed. Like just walked in on the wife banging your best friend pizzed. And get aggressive. I've not had to physically try to fight a dog off since I was a kid, but have had a few come for me or my kid. As soon as I saw the intent, I charged at them. They either turned or stopped in their tracks.

Will it work against a pit or other determined fighting breed? Not sure, but it can't hurt to make a move toward them, keep your balance, and display aggression. I've warded off a dobie, a couple shepherds with it, and some mutts with it. The doberman, fortunately for him, stopped about a foot off the muzzle of a Smith snub-nosed model 10. It stopped when I moved forward and then stood my ground, even though I was in his territory (walking down the sidewalk in front of his unfenced yard) and fully entered his territory to advance toward him. A shepherd with eyes on my young kid changed course when I picked up a brick out of the planter and charged forward. Puttin' on a show and snarling up a storm as he turned and left the AO, but left he did.

The old man was in the AKC, raised and bred huskies, and spent years around a lot of dogs. He'd taught us the "give them the weak arm, strong arm behind the neck and snap like your life depends on it" routine. Hope to hell I never have to try that one. But if I do, and it doesn't work, I'll be eye gouging, and putting boot to the bottom jaw like I'm getting paid by the kick.

The worst dog attacks I've seen on video or anywhere else were when someone left their feet. It might hurt like hell to stay on your feet with a dog latched on the arm or elsewhere, but you gotta stay on your feet if possible.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Your best bet is distance and up is where I'd try for.

I took about a hundred twenty stitches from a Dobbie when I was a kid. I don't trust dogs off leash. Any dog.

Last edited by ringworm; 01/23/18.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just explain that you are the Alpha.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cover you neck and face. They get that and it's game over.

Elderly lady walking her dog here last year got ambushed by 2 pit type dogs. Killed her dog and decapitated her before any help could arrive.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by gunner500
If the things lunging feed it your weak arm, grab it and dont let go, take it to the ground and try to crush it's ribcage/head with your knees.

My thought exactly. If there are two, you better kill the first one quickly !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
... reach for your knife clipped to your pocket( hopefully it is assisted opening)...

why not just dispense with the precious time wasting fidgety button gadget feature
and carry a 'k.i.s.s'. FIXED blade.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatboy

I understand you have to do what you have to do
But if you could have a direction how do you neutralize/defend from a pit or something aggressive like that barehanded?

Im especially interested in answers dealing with a PB attached to another person like a frail old lady or child,
im not sure pickup/body-slams or using ones other free arm to break its neck in a special manoeuvre, applies
in such cases.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Starman

But if you could have a direction how do you neutralize/defend from a pit or something aggressive like that barehanded?

Im especially interested in answers dealing with a PB attached to another person like an old lady or child.

I don't know if it would work on pit bulls, but I've reached with my free hand from underside of jaw and crushed the lips of dog against their back teeth with my thumb and fingers until they let go. A few times. Have had lots of scuffles with big dogs, but no pit bulls

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Im especially interested in answers dealing with a PB attached to another person like a frail old lady or child,
im not sure pickup/body-slams or using ones other free arm to break its neck in a special manoeuvre, applies in such cases.

get a short stick and stick it in the corner of the jaw to break its grip, have done this on pits that were fighting each other.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

im not sure pickup/body-slams or using ones other free arm to break its neck in a special manoeuvre, applies
in such cases.

Pick it up by it's rear legs and make a wish.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
my answer in an earlier thread was a Louisville Slugger. Your are not going to break a PB's neck, you will need to break his jaw if he has a hold of something or pry it open like Roger is saying

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by NEBHUNTER
You could win but you will suffer some damage.

Bottom line right there. Tom

Anyone who wants to win had better see this as the bottom line in any self defense situation, period.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lots of good info

I agree with those who pointed out
you may win but its probably going to hurt

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of good info

I agree with those who pointed out
you may win but its probably going to hurt

Hank

it will hurt after the fact, while its going down you won't have time to think about pain.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nothing 'text book' in these mixed encounters but some seem to work OK...

sometimes a couple punches will do it, sometimes not, ..a taser can do it instantly,
others times even two shots from a taser seem to have no immediate effect,..

tells me most 'techniques' are just a crapshoot... laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
Let him clamp down on your week arm then reach for your knife clipped to your pocket( hopefully it is assisted opening) and slit throat and then go to stabbing.

^^^This was my first thought, since this scenario was defending against a Pit Bull attack without a gun.

I've always got a Switch Blade with a 5" dagger type double edged blade clipped to my jeans pocket. I'd be a throat slashing dog stabbing sob until the dog lets go or is dead. That would be my game plan, if I'm without a gun.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
a good pit or any other heavy dog is going to do a chit load of damage before you can bleed them out from stabbing or cutting and you will most likely need to pry their jaws open in death. If you are one of the folks that is hesitant in confrontations (fights) with another person that dog will own your azz

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 3,228 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.