Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

House Sparrows belong to the African weaverbird family, North Africa being where they presumably originated.

Certainly true. Otherwise we'd not have coconuts in North America. wink grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Everyone needs to take a dump in one of the Great Lakes to save the fish..

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sometimes I can see bottom clearly in 50 feet of water if it's been calm a few days on Huron. When it's like that, you can't get anything to bite. Thanks freighters with contaminated ballast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by kellory
I get paid to fix things every day. It's what I do.

How would you fix this problem?

Hire biologists to study it thoroughly, before any half repairs are made, or false steps and Keep Bureaucrats completely out of the equation.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Pugs
[quote=Birdwatcher]
House Sparrows belong to the African weaverbird family, North Africa being where they presumably originated.

Certainly true. Otherwise we'd not have coconuts in North America.

What, a sparrow carrying a coconut?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Pugs
[quote=Birdwatcher]

Certainly true. Otherwise we'd not have coconuts in North America.

What, a sparrow carrying a coconut?

" Would that be afrikan or European swallows?" (Monty python)

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Hire biologists to study it thoroughly, before any half repairs are made, or false steps and Keep Bureaucrats completely out of the equation.

Taint no fix. We've been dealing with this crp for over 30 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Taint no fix. We've been dealing with this cr@p for over 30 years.

It is a lot worse, when they get the wrong answers.....
http://www.conservationmagazine.org...ol-weighing-urgency-against-uncertainty/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Find what kind of fish and critters do like to live in clear filtered water with algae that grows 30 feet down.

It's about adaptation.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

And be careful trimming your hedges in the same area, we have green mambas.

Wonderful. Florida is becoming Africa.

As did Detroit. Jell0 luvs it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Hire biologists to study it thoroughly, before any half repairs are made, or false
steps and Keep Bureaucrats completely out of the equation.

Taint no fix. We've been dealing with this cr@p for over 30 years.

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Zebra and quagga muscles not only kill the food chain, they grow on every semi-hard surface under water including fresh water intakes, docks, boats, props, rocks, sand, wrecks, pipelines, telecommunication lines, heavy infrastructure like bridges, dams, and piers. They cover the entire surface. They slice your feet to shreds. The Corps of Engineers are working to combat it as well as the Coast Guard making salties treat or dump their ballast at sea. Lake Erie has a toxic algae plume every summer now. These little bastards are going to cost all of us billions.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let's eat the mussels.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would Gus object?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Find what kind of fish and critters do like to live in clear filtered water with algae that grows 30 feet down.

It's about adaptation.

Round Gobies eat the mussels. Another "gift" from the fūkin russians. Trouble is the cure is worse that the intial issue, gobies are hard on the ecosystem destroying other native fish.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Sounds like these mussels should be given jobs in sewage treatment. I'm sure someone already thought of that...wonder what they learned.

Problem mussels clog up intake and outtake pipes....

Mussels have made a dramatic change to Lake St. Clair....water before 1990 in most of the lake had some color you couldn't see more than a couple feet ...now its crystal clear you can see 15'-18' at times ....in the bays there were weed beds and in deeper waters in small patches....now most of the lake has weeds up to the surface boats chop them up with there props wind blows them in large matts that can stop a boat....canals are treated with toxic chemicals to kill weeds so boats can use the canals....alga growing on bottom even the weeds...

It has change the fish pre-90's if you wanted to catch bass there was seasonal areas and you needed to do a little work to catch a limit....now its not uncommon to catch 80-100 bass on a good day there are bass everywhere on the lake now....walleye fishing was great easy fast limits of 6 minimum 13" pre-90's now you need to work to catch 2-3 for a meal...musky's pre-90's it was a 100 hours a fish 36" was the minimum size ....now because of conservation and larger size limits its not uncommon in a weekend to catch 30 pound fish....

Once zebra mussels are introduced to your local waters it will never ever be the same....and not for the best...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lake Erie was devastated by the Zebra mussels 30 years ago, today the fishing has never been better, yellow perch eat both gobies and mussels, the walleye eat the perch. It takes time, all involved need to adapt. We have world class steelhead fishing, and this years walleye fishing is in line to best the best ever, the perch fishing has taken a hit with the huge numbers of walleye feeding on them, but with time everything will prosper. Give it time, adjust your tactics,change baits and line dia and you will catch fish. planer boards were born because of clear water and boats scaring fish, change is needed to get it done buts its not the dooms day that some say it is.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone figured out that a single zebra mussel filters a quart of water a day and they have certainly changed the eco system of Lake Michigan and Green Bay. The shells wash up knee deep along the Green Bay shoreline. There was a time that you could take a rowboat out anywhere fifty yards off shore and catch a bucket of yellow perch. Now what relatively few are left are out in deeper water where their eggs and minnows are eaten by the gobbles. Commercial netting quotas are way down and that industry is dying. Thirty years ago we could go out and get five 30 pound plus king salmon after work and now even a 25 pound fish is rare even for the charter guys. As drinking water Lake Michigan is first rate, but for fishing not so much anymore.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
KWFA...I always wondered what was bad about cleaning up this lakes...thanks for the post, it explains it well.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We could start dumping industrial waste back into the lakes. I don't remember invasive species being an issue when a lit cigarette could ignite the Cuyahoga River. Since anything useful in the lakes is dying anyway, just end the misery and finish killing it off. Once dead, it can be brought back to life with native species.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 27 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.