In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ghostman
You must have more cents than sense. If you knew it was being shipped from Hong Kong what were you expecting the real thing....wow

No, he wasn't expecting the real thing.. You would know that if you had read--and can comprehend English--his post.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Its an upgrade.

Might be.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Want to see counterfeit?

Check out the VX-III 1.5-5x20 and 3-9x40 that "ZEISSA" is selling on eBay.

You could buy either one for $149.99.

ZEISSA has a 97.9% approval rating and his responses when confronted with charges of selling knock-offs is to call the buyer a liar.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Clarkm

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This scope was $200 and ships from Hong Kong.

But I had to see what would happen.

Today is 18 days later and it was in my mail box.

I called Leupold Customer service and they said it was counterfeit and they want to know where I got it.

Hell, I'd hang on to it and use it. It may be better than the American made in Beaverton, Oregon model. It may even track better.... grin whistle Let us know how it works out, I might buy one...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Funny how they go through all the bother to counterfeit the boxes and scopes, but don't do a simple Google search on the part numbers. The 1.5-5 part number is for a VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm. But, they play to the fools who expect something for nothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
why counterfeit something that everyone hates ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KenMi
Funny how they go through all the bother to counterfeit the boxes and scopes, but don't do a simple Google search on the part numbers. The 1.5-5 part number is for a VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm. But, they play to the fools who expect something for nothing.

Most people aren't sufficiently knowledgeable to recognize that detailed a difference.

If a person is looking at used Leupold scopes on eBay, about half of them are incorrectly described, as sellers either don't know that there is a difference between Vari-X IIs, VX-IIs, and VX-2s and between VX-Is and VX-1s, or they are purposely advertising an older scope with lower grade optics as a newer scope with higher grade optics. However, now that you've raised that point, I suppose that I should add a column to the EXCEL file that I use to track scopes with and start tracking the part numbers on scopes.

Even big box retails don't know, or don't care, sometimes. I bought a 2.5-8x36 at a large discount at Sports Authority a few years back because the counter clerk didn't care that it wasn't a $199 VX-1 even when I pointed it out, to him it was just a scope and all scopes look pretty much alike.

Whenever I buy Leupold scopes on eBay, I always ask for the serial number alpha prefix or suffix to determine if the seller knows what he is selling. About half the time they don't and more are upgraded than downgraded.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It says Duplex reticle but the image is a Mill Dot. I received the vx3 I that was on sale and it's legit.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Last year I bought a VX3i from Universal Mania before the owner went to prison for selling some counterfeit stuff. I called Leupold,gave them the number and they said it was legit. Leupold also said they had not had any issues with the VX3i being counterfeit. It was the Mark 4 or some of the others.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
There is a domestic seller on there now with a few Leupolds that are suspicious. Either that, or it is a foreign seller using a domestic location. No shipping time given, and says they ship flat rate freight. 4 sold today, so he is messing with some people before getting shut down. The only seller reviews (10) are for Otterbox and phone stuff.

Seller name is blaisree_1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is a domestic seller on there now with a few Leupolds that are suspicious. Either that, or it is a foreign seller using a domestic location. No shipping time given, and says they ship flat rate freight. 4 sold today, so he is messing with some people before getting shut down. The only seller reviews (10) are for Otterbox and phone stuff.

BLAISREE_1 has only been an eBay seller since August 2017 and he/she doesn't accept returns. So if you buy from him/her, it is "as is" and eBay probably won't help a buyer if the item purchased happens to be a knockoff.

There are other eBay sellers with open auctions of what appear to be counterfeit Leupold scopes:

CRAZYBUSHNELL
CRAZY_SCOPE
HISCOPE
PLUSCARGO_0
YISIBIGBEARSTORE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Yes. So far the counterfeit Chinese sellers with USA addresses have stuck to West Coast shipping addresses. But knowing those clever phucers they'll be shipping from Kansas City locations as time goes by.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Reyn
Last year I bought a VX3i from Universal Mania before the owner went to prison for selling some counterfeit stuff. I called Leupold,gave them the number and they said it was legit. Leupold also said they had not had any issues with the VX3i being counterfeit. It was the Mark 4 or some of the others.

The Mark 4 and the AR scopes, plus there are some new counterfeit labeled as "VX-II" scopes on ebay as well.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Anybody know if any fakes are coming from Amazon?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seriously someone needs to buy one and do a thorough comparison.

I’d be curious to know whether it is absolute krap, average Leupold krap, or a half decent optic.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I purchased a fake on Ebay for $300 AUD which, at the time, I thought was a good price for the genuine product. After paying for it via Paypal it hadn't arrived 10 days later, so I sent the seller a nasty messages requesting the scope. He messaged back saying he didn't have a Paypal account,blah,blah,blah. In the end, I got the scope (a Leupold confirmed fake) and realised the transaction had not gone through so I cancelled payment through Paypal. I sent the seller a massage saying he could have his scope back when he paid for return postage. I never heard from him agian. So at the end of the day, I got the scope without paying for it. I was very lucky. Leupold confirmed it was FAKE via the serial number.

Its still sitting unused in the box it came in. Here's some pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][/quote

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
The fake Leupolds on Ebay no longer claim to be the real deal.

The Zeiss Conquests still claim to be real. I ordered one for $64.38 shipped. Will compare it to a real one, shoot the square, test tracking ,AO, etc. when it arrives and report back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-Rifle-Scope-Conquest-3-9X40AO-Illuminated-Red-Green-Reticle-Sight-Sighting/263351659035?epid=12010565079&hash=item3d50fb6a1b:g:F3gAAOSw4A5YuMfn

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by kazijoy
The fake Leupolds on Ebay no longer claim to be the real deal.

The Zeiss Conquests still claim to be real. I ordered one for $64.38 shipped. Will compare it to a real one, shoot the square, test tracking ,AO, etc. when it arrives and report back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-Rifle-Scope-Conquest-3-9X40AO-Illuminated-Red-Green-Reticle-Sight-Sighting/263351659035?epid=12010565079&hash=item3d50fb6a1b:g:F3gAAOSw4A5YuMfn

Ad mentions 30-day return policy. Wonder if the seller will honor it you're not satisfied.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
When you buy using PayPal the buyer always wins any dispute.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (anothergun, 10gaugemag, Alan_Robertson, 15 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 714 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,641
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.