Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Hello all, sorry it’s been awhile since I’ve been on the fire. If I could ask if anyone knows of a good salmon and halibut charter in Seward, I would greatly appreciate it. My family and I will be doing an Alaska vacation the end of July and would love to fish. Thanks for any help.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
You might want to check with Crackerjack charters. I have used them in the past and they treated me right.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

you AK guys know this guy ?

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Jimmie Jack Fishing for Halibut. I went on a Silver Salmon trip aboard the Emerald Fjord (Aurora Charters) last summer and caught a 38 pound King!!! Great trip and a great crew!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Been out with Crackerjack twice, both trips were good, lots of fish and straight up dealing, no game playing. I think they have some kind of working relationship with ProFish-n-Sea Charters, I've heard nothing but good about them as well.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by maggie
Been out with Crackerjack twice, both trips were good, lots of fish and straight up dealing, no game playing. I think they have some kind of working relationship with ProFish-n-Sea Charters, I've heard nothing but good about them as well.

The two companies share an office and office staff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Avoid Saltwater Safari!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Why is that Art? Would appreciate more information. Do you just dislike Bob or what?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a saltwater safari trip several years back and the captain put very little effort into putting us on fish. Basically anchored up off of Montague all day, and as I recall there were 16 or 18 of us. Five halibut, one ling and a couple of rockfish were all that were landed. They hit a chicken patch on the way back for 20-30 minutes that resulted in a few dog fish that were thrown back, a starfish and a couple of incidental silvers.

I know a boat isn't going to limit every day, but the captain should put some effort into fishing a few spots vs. parking the boat all day. What I've heard is this is typical for how they operate. Maybe things have changed with them, maybe not. But when it comes to asking which are the best charters out of Seward, I've never heard SS mentioned.

There are captains that are passionate about getting their clients onto fish, and those that just run a boat. Prices are the same, results are not.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Why is that Art? Would appreciate more information. Do you just dislike Bob or what?

>>>>>>>>>>>Art it is !<<<<<<<<< same Art ?

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've fished with both and would do so again in a heartbeat, they do a good job putting folks on fish, have nice clean boats and good equipment.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Crackerjackband pro and sea are most likely booked for the year. Ive been with saltwater excursions twice and no complaints. Look up Alaska surf adventures. Great guy and puts you on the fish.

Last edited by WDH; 01/30/18.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I've fished with both and would do so again in a heartbeat, they do a good job putting folks on fish, have nice clean boats and good equipment.

We fished with Crackerjack twice and had a good experience both times.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You can start with a little trip through Courtview...

They ran (run?) salmon shark charters and would not let clients set the hook... legal definition of "catching" in AK is who sets the hook. This was pointed out to them MANY times by many pissed-off clients with far more experience than those dickheads will ever begin to imagine having catching sharks... AST finally after TONS of complaints sent folks out with them and busted them for exceeding the personal bag limit on salmon sharks (2 per season) and nothing else. That pissed off more than a few folks because it was a cop-out compared to the options.

Many personal friends have ended up on their boat and had similar experiences very similar to 458Lott...

If he is a friend ask him why he would come out on deck repeatedly to assist the deckhands to help a hot, barely-legal girl... and ignore everyone else...

A ton of history with stunts like demanding people keep fish too small for their standards...

Taking folks out to write about their trips and pandering to them while ignoring paying clients to the point of embarrassing writers...

Profanely badmouthing other charter services in Seward in front of deckloads of clients... while breaking every rule in their books...

If you have all night I could go on...

I have heard a ton of stories about a ton of charters, right down to charters leaving early so they could pull another charter's crab pots... and they still come down as the lowest of the low...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tikkanut

>>>>>>>>>>>Art it is !<<<<<<<<< same Art ?

[Linked Image]

Sadly, no, I can only dream of being that tall, handsome and studly!
wink

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I booked with Puffin. Thanks for all the help. We will be there July 23rd and are hoping to catch Coho. We they be in the bay?

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should be in the mouth of bay by then. As with all things, the run varies year to year and day to day.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.