Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'd bet money that the T1x is going to do to rimfires what the T3 did to centerfires.

Doubtful.......

I have owned several Sako p72/ m78 Finnscout and P94 Finnfire rifles during the last 35 years..NONE of them shot any better than the CZ 452 sporters I have owned. I have not heard nor seen reports of Sako Finnfire or Quad accuracy being any better than the CZs either.. Good accuracy, but not some magic "match grade accuracy in a sporter" that everyone seems to want. As a matter of fact the older Sakos I owned outshot the later guns by a bit...And they were certainly better made.

My bet is the Tikka fanboys wlll be very satisfied with the T1x as a trainer for their Centerfires..But- if you are expecting them to markedly outshoot CZs or many other rimfire rifles already on the market -then good luck with that...:) If Sako could not do it with $1,000 rifles, then selling them for $499 and putting "Tikka" on them won't make them shoot any better. And, hopefully they will eject cases better than a Sako m85...;)

I am going to buy at least a 22LR version and run it through its paces to compare it in honest terms with other rifles in that class.
But I am not going to descend into to making silly predictions about its future without having shot one.

We are talking hunting rifles here. Of course they will be used for casual target shooting, but based on what I have read, Tikkas can't be more accurate than CZs. There's just not any room left for improvement. Maybe a tenth of an inch. What real world difference would that make in a hunting rifle.

I'd love to see a 10 gun (from each manufacturer) test between Marlin, Savage, Ruger, CZ and the new Tikka. I'd like to see 10 different loads used in each gun. 5 shot groups at 50.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree. When my CZ lands, I'll wring it out with the collection of ammo I've got on hand. If it's a good one, I'll know it's worth proceeding with the upgrades, trigger, triggerguard, maybe some walnut. All in, that'd put the total at about $800 for a really nice all-steel .22, about what a 77/22 costs, and a lot less than some of the high-end stuff.

If it's not a shooter, then I'll have spent $400 on a stainless plinker.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
if
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I agree. When my CZ lands, I'll wring it out with the collection of ammo I've got on hand. If it's a good one, I'll know it's worth proceeding with the upgrades, trigger, triggerguard, maybe some walnut. All in, that'd put the total at about $800 for a really nice all-steel .22, about what a 77/22 costs, and a lot less than some of the high-end stuff.

Not really. .

One very real advantage to the interchangeable barrel system in the m455 rifles is that if you want better accuracy ,you can always upgrade to a drop in Lilja etc. Should you decide to sell the gun, you could actually probably part the rifle out and still get your money back..:)

Chances are though, if you at least try some mid grade standard velocity ammo like SK Standard etc in the rifle you will find it is a shooter. Every CZ I have owned has been caoable of consistent sub MOA accuracy with the Wolf Target/Sk Standard load. Some also like RWS, Fiocchi and CCI standard vel as well.

I think you will be pleased.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

That's what I did with my 452.
Fortunately it's a tack driver. The worst ammo I could find (WW) still shot MOA. CCI's are half that and match ammo is pretty much one hole at 50yrds.

I spent $369 for the rifle + $80 for an RB trigger + $150 for bottom metal + $10 for a metal magazine end cap so I have a little under $600 in it.

I wouldn't sell it for twice that amount.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Or just buy an Anschutz.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a 455 (and a 453) before. The 455 was only so-so with both the mag and LR barrels. The 453 was awesome, but the bolt and trigger positions weren't comfortable for me so when I got the hots for a SS 77/22 RSI I sold it. Bad move. Love the little Ruger, but it only shoots about as well as the 455 did, which is to say okay.

Hoping for the best this time. Not sure I can bring myself to spring for a $400 barrel.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
Or just buy an Anschutz.

in a sporter, that won't solve anything.... Trust me.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Fortunately it's a tack driver. The worst ammo I could find (WW) still shot MOA. CCI's are half that and match ammo is pretty much one hole at 50yrds.

Do you know what MOA actually means? That means 1" at 100 yards (or half inch at 50)..

Based on your statement above, you claim that your m452 CZ will shoot .5" groups at 50yards with its WORST ammo...and half that (1/4") at 50 with CCI Standard velocity....

And match ammo even "better"?.

Last edited by jk16; 01/27/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do you know what MOA actually means? That means 1" at 100 yards (or half inch at 50)..

Based on your statement above, you claim that your m452 CZ will shoot .5" groups at 50yards with its WORST ammo...and half that (1/4") at 50 with CCI Standard velocity....

Yes...I know exactly what MOA means and I meant exactly what I said.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
Or just buy an Anschutz.

in a sporter, that won't solve anything.... Trust me.

Bad experience? Or they dont shoot any better for what they cost? Haha

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

I have to question this also. You never know, with guns, but; these results are misleading to others as what to expect from a CZ, any CZ. I do see 1/2" at 50 yards with a CZ 453 and CCI Std. BUT! There are always a few outliers and an honest calculation is over 1 moa. I get pretty much the same result with my Anschutz 1416 (sporter wt gun). Both rifles improve a tad and become more consistent with RWS. For me, to shoot 1/4" groups requires I use my Match 54 (hvy wt position gun). I am too cheap to buy mega buck ammo to see if I can hold that as a average.

This is an interesting read. Ammo tested with arguably best of the best, even crazy accurate and expensive rifles will shoot 2moa with the worse ammo. This is an honest 1/2 moa rifle with eley and lapua ammo. The ammo is a limiting factor with any rimfire rifle:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...imfire-ammo-tests-accuratereloading-com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's possible that some lots of cheaper ammo end up being more consistent than expected, just by chance, which would explain some of the results people get. There's also some pure baloney that gets posted here and elsewhere, but nobody appointed me Truth Detector, so I don't worry about it one way or the other. Only results I'm concerned with are the ones I get. Since I really started paying attention to this stuff, I've found a few brands and types of ammo that tend to shoot well in good rifles, good enough for the hunting and practicing I do. Those are the ones I keep an eye out for. Occasionally (like the other day) I'll see a bargain on something and take a chance, but I stay away from bulk packs and obvious crap ammo. During the first panic, I did pick up some bulk Federal and Winchester, just in case. The Winchester is pretty good, but the Federal has been pretty spotty, both in accuracy and reliability. I'm trying to burn this stuff up in practice, and gave a couple boxes of the Winny away, but it's slow going, since I don't generally practice for long, and don't "plink".

When the CZ lands, I'll try my goto RWS SSHP, SV, MiniMags, and Aguila Match. That should give me a good idea of how it's going to go. I checked some posts on RFC, and it's definitely a mixed bag; from guys who've sent theirs back to CZ in disgust, to ones who are ecstatic. I'll use my Bushnell 4-12 AO airgun scope to start, and decide on the permanent one later.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC........will it make you bitches feel better if I add "on average" to my post?
I think everyone knows that rimfire ammo tends to be inconsistent and that the more you pay the less inconsistent it is but that doesn't mean that the rifle isn't capable.

PS.....1/4" groups at 50yrds isn't really that remarkable.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Quarter inch groups at fifty yards is quite a bit above average I'd say. Some may turn up their nose at it, but I'd be plenty pleased with it. Course a bench rest for my 22's usually consists of a block of wood or a cinder block or the back of a chair or a hood of a truck.
I'm happy hitting what I'm shooting at, and targets more often than not are bigger than a quarter inch. I guess I'm easily amused.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
With a Cooper JSR, cheseschutz worked 54, cz455 Trainer, Annie 64 in a manners, and a Ruger predator in the safe....my 14 yo takes the Predator first pick every time. And with eley ammo it likes she cleans house in the backyard steel wars. It may sound like a fat chick in corduroy shuckin shells but it shoots boringly well.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
JFC........will it make you bitches feel better if I add "on average" to my post?
I think everyone knows that rimfire ammo tends to be inconsistent and that the more you pay the less inconsistent it is but that doesn't mean that the rifle isn't capable.

PS.....1/4" groups at 50yrds isn't really that remarkable.

MMM, the bullshit meter just hit 10/10
You don't really expect anyone to believe that crap do you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1/4" groups at 50 suck.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
1/4" groups for a mass produced sporter rifle is pretty dang good IMO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmmm......🤔

Maybe I'll have to retract that. That 455 is a sharp looking rifle.

LMAO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1/4" groups at 50 suck.

I wish I could coax my guns into sucking that badly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.