Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Good to know, because if comes to light that there was coordination with Nunes and the WH in writing the HIC memo, it would certainly be looked at as evidence in an obstruction of justice case.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
You mean like Hillary deleting 30,000 subpoened emails, destroying cell phones, bleaching computers, lying to congress......

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kroo88
Pencilneck Schiff will be exposed as the lyin' weasel he is.

I could only hope. He'll just lie his way out of it. It's what lieberals do, and really pretty well in that the lemmings don't care so they willingly swallow the lies of the left.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
That somebody misrepresented the Steele memo to the FISA court for one. Probably the significance of other "evidence" as well.

This. I'm thinking the FISA judge may not be happy with certain individuals in the FBI.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Good to know, because if comes to light that there was coordination with Nunes and the WH in writing the HIC memo, it would certainly be looked at as evidence in an obstruction of justice case.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
We’ll never hear the entire message. I’d bet it’s been changed and edited to make the FBI not look as bad as the first version.

I bet it's heavily redacted,, and because of that it probably won't tell the whole story.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No it wouldn't, that would be COLLUSION which BTW, is not a crime in this context.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Not if pertinent information was needed for truth and transparency. I understand the lying left has no understanding of those concepts. I can see no circumstance where obstruction of justice could occur.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
They wear their lies like a badge of honor, as does nebassman. Communists are not restricted by the rules of normal humans, have already sold their souls to the devil. Those headed to hell like to cause as much misery among others as they can, even if they arent consciously aware of the fact. Rabid dogs are good examples, except they arent headed to hell.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by satx78247
IF it says anything like I expect it to say (that the FBI's senior staff "was up to their ears in" a conspiracy to injure DT), some people are likely to see the inside of federal prison bars.

Get real..................that's not going to happen, at least not over this memo alone & surely not right now. Best we can hope for is that they are all fired with extreme prejudice right now.

Depends on how much more the crooks can actually be hung with later.................but I'd surely love to see, McCabe, Strozk, Page & Rothenstein wearing orange jump suits, The Muslim & Hitlery, too but that will never happen either.

MM

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We've heard from one of the all knowing leftists here, suppose I'll withhold my thoughts until a couple more of them show up and enlighten us all.
JeffO, Starman......where you at?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
We've heard from one of the all knowing leftists here, suppose I'll withhold my thoughts until a couple more of them show up and enlighten us all.

Jeffo, NeBassman, and Rollin Turd are one and the same.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Most likely, Trump will slow roll this one.

If he has the memo himself sitting on his desk, think of the power it gives him for as long as he keeps it in secret. He holds all the cards and "leaks" them as he sees fit.

I think the American citizens deserve to see the memo. But a power-hungry POTUS probably has different motivations.

If you'd have been paying attention for the past couple of years, you'd already have a good idea of what the gist of the memo says....bottom line is that senior staff at the DOJ and FBI were in the bag for the DNC...and unverified/paid for/manufactured information was used to obtain FISA warrants in order to wiretap Trump, his campaign staff, and after the election, his transition team....If you remember, Trump said during his campaign that Obama was wiretapping him....this "Russian Collusion" angle was the "insurance policy" they thought would bring down a newly elected president.....house of cards

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Here is what FISA experts are saying.

‘Inconceivable’: Why Experts Don’t Believe The Nunes Memo Is What GOPers Claim

There are many reasons FISA experts don’t expect the allegations to stand up to the hype, which has involved a Twitter campaign to #ReleaseTheMemo and included GOP claims that what it shows is worse than Watergate.

For Republicans claims of an abuse to be true, one would have to assume that the dossier was the sole basis of the warrant application, that it was a “fabrication” and that the DOJ knew that it was a fabrication when it applied for the FISA warrant, Vladeck said.

“All three things would have to be true for this to actually be an abuse of FISA,” Vladeck said, adding that he wouldn’t take the claims seriously unless the White House declassifies the underlying warrant.

“The major problem here is that this is only arguably scandalous in any way if [the DOJ] just essentially repacked the dossier as a warrant package without any work of their own,” Sanchez said, adding that it would be “inconceivable to me that would be the only source.”

“I doubt they based it on a single source of information,” said a former Republican chair of the House Intel Committee, Mike Rogers, on CNN.

“I can’t imagine that the dossier was the centerpiece of a FISA application,” said Robert Litt, a former general counsel for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence who also worked for the Justice Department.

“Number one, I don’t think the Department of Justice would have allowed that to go forward as the sole basis. Number two, I don’t think a judge would have approved probable cause on that basis alone,” Litt said. “And number three, everything I read has suggested that there was considerable other information about Page before this dossier came in.”

The FISA warrant applications presented to the judge end up being dozens of pages long, according to former officials. A four-page memo that sought to summarize it would be a “carefully picked bowl of cherries,” John McLaughlin, who served as acting CIA director under George W. Bush, said on Twitter.

“Given a lot of stuff that’s already public about Page and about past known attempts to recruit him, it certainly seems like they could well have plenty to go on without the dossier,” Sanchez said.

Court documents filed in 2015 show that the government had intercepted two Russian figures discussing the prospect of recruiting Page, and the FBI interviewed Page in 2013 about his Russian contacts. The Washington Post reported the FISA application cited those communications and others not publicly disclosed. In the spring of 2017, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein reportedly approved an application to extend the FISA surveillance on Page.

“There would have been probably months, if not years of investigative activity on Carter Page prior to going to the court to begin with,” Rangappa said.

Before a FISA application makes it to the judge, it travels through many layers of review at the FBI that also includes career DOJ lawyers, who verify the source of every fact laid out in the application’s affidavit, according to Rangappa. A warrant for Page would have been treated with extra scrutiny, given the political sensitivities of him having been affiliated with Trump’s campaign, Rangappa said, adding that former FBI Director James Comey would have also likely signed off on it.

“I think a judge would have gone through that with a fine tooth comb and asked many questions,” she said.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
From the comments in that article.

So there are two more aspects to the Nunes memo and the #ReleasetheMemo movement.

First, it is now clear beyond dispute that the #ReleasetheMemo activity has been taken over by Russian bots. That fact needs to be in every discussion of this issue.

Second, though, while the article quotes several intelligence experts about the kind of information needed for the original FISA warrant, the warrant that is the subject of the Nunes memo is the renewal application signed off on by Rod Rosenstein. According to Ron Klain on MSNBC, in order to renew a FISA warrant, the supporting affidavit needs to document that material information has been obtained from the original warrant. If the original warrant came up empty, the warrant will not be renewed. Accordingly, whatever Rosenstein signed had to include an itemization of the conversations between Page and the Russians that had already yielded usable intelligence.

This is a fact worth keeping mind.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Raeford

Jeffo, NeBassman, and Rollin Turd are one and the same.

No one person could have all that much stupid rolled up in them and breath- I dont think.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Trump absolutely would say "make the Mueller investigation go away and I'll lose this memo"

The problem is the FBI is so full of people that want him to crash and burn they'd leak it the moment it happens, or hell, they'll lie about it and say he said it anyways.

For Trump now, the better course of action isn't negotiation, its scorched earth because he has no friends in the FBI.

Oddly enough I think the CIA loves him because he told the CIA director he was going to turn them loose. Reading between the lines I think he gave the CIA a directive to take out dough boy in North Korea.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/01/18.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a nice "balanced" source.........

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by jorgeI
That's a nice "balanced" source.........

As balanced as the Fire?

Stolen from elsewhere, literally outside the right wing bubble of reality, the question, "is there any merit to this?"

Makes me think there is something irrefutable coming.

Of course there is. If the inside scoop was that no crime has been committed, republicans would be building up Mueller to be the consummate impartial pro so that when he announced he found nothing it wouldn't be questioned.

What we're seeing is the opposite, and that tells us all we need to know.

I'm glad to see you stating that so bluntly. I've been thinking the same thing.

Republicans are the real way we take the temperature on this crisis. Mueller ain't leaking [bleep], Dems don't know what's happening, so we have to watch what Republicans do.

What they're doing looks exactly like a panic to deflect blame. Blame for what? That suggests they know the hammer's coming down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by Toddly
It’s going to say that the FBI and Justice Department mislead a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judge in seeking an extension of a warrant for a secret eavesdropping operation against Carter Page. It will also show that the dossier used was paid for by liberal schitholes.

This... AND that senior members of the DOJ and FBI were actively trying to thwart Trump's campaign. AND that senior members of the FBI and DOJ were basically covering for Hillary's crimes. Note: It would have been all mute if Hillary would have just won. Everyone in government thought she was going to win.

I firmly believe that many Americans are never going to think of their government the same way again.

+1 - what little faith in our Government I had left has already been shaken. If this goes bad, it will take a long time to restore.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (007FJ, 44mc, 808outdoors, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 9 invisible), 1,306 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.