Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Tennessee
"LYING"? This escalated quickly. Thats a bold word. Will there be a retraction and apology if a left handed Fieldcraft hits the market in a few months?

When a company rep, whoever that may be, is passionate about what they do and lets prematurely slip some info about a project they are excited about, that is not "lying" and it is not a "promise".

Im sorry you are so upset, but you will have to wait for a LH Fieldcraft, and a magnum, and a brown stock, and a 223 AI and so on. Good people are doing the best they can.

What is the truth then?

HR IC

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Laughing! They listed a LH option on there website. I have spoken with Barrett about it. It will be available before x. X arrives. Sorry, it will be available before x. Shall I go on? If you don’t like lying then maybe completely misleading would be a better term.

You really need to get out more if this puts you in a hissy fit..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I’m just telling you how it is. I am always intrigued by right handed shooters telling left handed shooters how it is though.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Left handers are supposedly the largest un-represented minority in the world. Just like a number of other minorities, left handers are sometimes super whiney about how tough they have it and how the world is out to get them.

When the day comes that lefties gain enough power to remove this blatant prejudice, we’ll all have to switch to ambidextrous drinking fountains, and all new vehicles will have to come with a right hand drive option, so lefties are able to shift gears without feeling marginalized. We’ll have to change all threads to “lefty tighty, righty loosy” just to be safe, as we dont want to offend. And you can be sure all rifle companies will have to make an equal number of lefty options as righty, because heaven forbid a lefty would have to reach over the rifle or back with their right hand to operate a bolt. That would be discriminatory and a blatant example of handism (like racism but the bias is towards which hand a person uses).

Left Power!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bhaha that was awesome!!! Well done PG!!

IC B2

CrazyIs Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So, any further word on the .223 Rem? laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right after the LH models...

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm just amazed by the fact that I have had an awesome semi-custom LEFT HANDED rifle for sale on the classifieds for oh, forever, and it doesn't seem that there are any left handed takers....

It is what it is, my son may eventually want it back someday.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, how do we describe the Fieldcraft, high-end production rifles? Can't really call them semi-custom since there's no input (only output of cash) from the buyer.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Hold on guys. Barrett is a good company that is not able to do what they said they would do. That happens. I don't like it but its up to the company leadership team to make decisions. I personally believe they have misjudged this LH market but they don't listen to internet talkers. I know two other people who told Barrett we would buy 3 rifles each right now and would write checks for them. My only real concern is they made a strategic decision on LH guns based on market research that could have possibly been flawed.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I'm just amazed by the fact that I have had an awesome semi-custom LEFT HANDED rifle for sale on the classifieds for oh, forever, and it doesn't seem that there are any left handed takers....

It is what it is, my son may eventually want it back someday.

Does it weigh 5 pounds? 😉

Tennessee, thanks for your comments and giving us a glimpse 'behind the scenes'.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Hold on guys. Barrett is a good company that is not able to do what they said they would do. That happens. I don't like it but its up to the company leadership team to make decisions. I personally believe they have misjudged this LH market but they don't listen to internet talkers. I know two other people who told Barrett we would buy 3 rifles each right now and would write checks for them. My only real concern is they made a strategic decision on LH guns based on market research that could have possibly been flawed.

x2

In the end Barrett has to make decisions that will keep them profitable and viable. If it means no LH FC, so be it. Disappointing, but understandable.

Last edited by Wrongside; 02/02/18.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Regarding the 223 action, Barrett introduced the 224 Valkarie earlier this year and, according to a person in their booth at SCI, we should expect the 223 to follow along. No timetable was given but I was lead to believe it would be sooner, rather than later.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I just received mine in 6.5 and it feels great in my hands, smooth bolt and balances well. Now I just need to decide on a scope. Anyone know who sells a bore guide that will fit?

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Possum Hollow makes a bore guide

"The world breaks everyone,and afterward, some are strong at the broken places"
Hemingway
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Swarovski z3 3-9x36 on my 7-08. It doesn't change the balance at all and works really well with the low mounts. When I first bought it, I was running an older Meopta I had laying around and the weight didn't feel right. I have never been concerned with a few ounces in optics, but with the Barrett, the weight made a difference in feel. I imagine the lighter Leupolds would work just as well.

------------------------
John
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Thanks - I had looked on their site and it wasn’t listed on the chart. I’ll give them a call on Monday.

CrazyIs Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Regarding the 223 action, Barrett introduced the 224 Valkarie earlier this year and, according to a person in their booth at SCI, we should expect the 223 to follow along. No timetable was given but I was lead to believe it would be sooner, rather than later.

smile smile smile Thank you

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
FYI - it looks like Barrett updated the action to only have 2 screws now. The one I just received only has two screws from the stock into the action unlike all the ones I’ve seen with three. The screw directly in front of the trigger guard is now gone. For Better or worse...

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by MJSaustin
FYI - it looks like Barrett updated the action to only have 2 screws now. The one I just received only has two screws from the stock into the action unlike all the ones I’ve seen with three. The screw directly in front of the trigger guard is now gone. For Better or worse...

Look inside the stock.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.