Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MJSaustin
FYI - it looks like Barrett updated the action to only have 2 screws now. The one I just received only has two screws from the stock into the action unlike all the ones I’ve seen with three. The screw directly in front of the trigger guard is now gone. For Better or worse...

Did they switch the two remaining exposed action screws to the same size? The three different size thing was pretty silly.

HR IC

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Still different sizes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just purchased a Fieldcraft in 6.5 x 55 and am anxiously awaiting it's delivery. I purchased a Swarovski Z3 3-10X42 to put on top of it. I'm giddy with excitement.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Left handers are supposedly the largest un-represented minority in the world. Just like a number of other minorities, left handers are sometimes super whiney about how tough they have it and how the world is out to get them.

When the day comes that lefties gain enough power to remove this blatant prejudice, we’ll all have to switch to ambidextrous drinking fountains, and all new vehicles will have to come with a right hand drive option, so lefties are able to shift gears without feeling marginalized. We’ll have to change all threads to “lefty tighty, righty loosy” just to be safe, as we dont want to offend. And you can be sure all rifle companies will have to make an equal number of lefty options as righty, because heaven forbid a lefty would have to reach over the rifle or back with their right hand to operate a bolt. That would be discriminatory and a blatant example of handism (like racism but the bias is towards which hand a person uses).

Left Power!

Hey.

Lefty.

Just buy a European rig (or a USPS truck) and tone down your whine.
The world really does hate you....btw.

Slave

P.S. Good shít.
I laughed.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Filed my taxes on the 1st, and immediately put a 6mm Creedmoor on layaway.

I figure the price is about the same as a Montana, after the rebarrel job many do.😜

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Left handers are supposedly the largest un-represented minority in the world. Just like a number of other minorities, left handers are sometimes super whiney about how tough they have it and how the world is out to get them.

When the day comes that lefties gain enough power to remove this blatant prejudice, we’ll all have to switch to ambidextrous drinking fountains, and all new vehicles will have to come with a right hand drive option, so lefties are able to shift gears without feeling marginalized. We’ll have to change all threads to “lefty tighty, righty loosy” just to be safe, as we dont want to offend. And you can be sure all rifle companies will have to make an equal number of lefty options as righty, because heaven forbid a lefty would have to reach over the rifle or back with their right hand to operate a bolt. That would be discriminatory and a blatant example of handism (like racism but the bias is towards which hand a person uses).

Left Power!

So, what you are saying, is that Leftuality is an alternate lifestyle?

Not that there's anything wrong with that......

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Originally Posted by pathfinder76

They lied to me on more than one occasion about this. They also listed it on their website. Lying is lying regardless, but the gun industry has been misleading the LH buying market for years.

I have a video here somewhere of Ronnie Barrett saying “it’s never wrong to do the right thing”. Laughing. Well I guess that depends apparently on what that right thing is.

I don't think I've ever wrote this before- but your posts literally come off as whining. You're so upset that someone said they plan to make left hand rifles, and then when they realize how absolutely minuscule that market is- you're incessantly chasing them saying they "lied"? Are you actually an adult male?

Since a few people don't seem to get it- the FACT is that left hand rifles don't sell. Like so bad that major manufacturers barely break even. Small manufacturers lose money building them. You guys can be pissed- all 7 of you that actually would spend the money- but unfortunately it is not a smart financial decision to spend a lot of money to produce something that is the smallest market segment that doesn't actually follow through with purchasing that they say they do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since a few people don't seem to get it- the FACT is that left hand rifles don't sell. Like so bad that major manufacturers barely break even. Small manufacturers lose money building them. You guys can be pissed- all 7 of you that actually would spend the money- but unfortunately it is not a smart financial decision to spend a lot of money to produce something that is the smallest market segment that doesn't actually follow through with purchasing that they say they do.

A good, practical illustration of that is that despite the tremendous popularity of ARs now, LH models are pretty scarce, if indeed there are any at present. EDIT: just checked quickly and found a few, but still think it's a fair point, especially considering the much smaller market for $1700 bolt rifles.

One of the big jobbers or wholesalers could easily make it worth while for Barrett to crank out LH versions by contracting for a large order. Since that hasn't happened, I assume they don't see a market either.

Last edited by Pappy348; 02/17/18.

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ChetAF

Left Power!

What about those who aren't actually left handed but identify as such?

I believe my left-arm ranks right up there with Clayton Kershaw's. Those of you who doubt me are narrow-minded, mysoginist, and racist.

Last edited by nyrifleman; 02/17/18.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

I believe my left-arm ranks right up there with Clayton Kershaw's. Those of you who doubt me are narrow-minded, mysoginist, and racist.

That would make you ambi-curious.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

That would make you ambi-curious.

Not to mention delusional.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

They lied to me on more than one occasion about this. They also listed it on their website. Lying is lying regardless, but the gun industry has been misleading the LH buying market for years.

I have a video here somewhere of Ronnie Barrett saying “it’s never wrong to do the right thing”. Laughing. Well I guess that depends apparently on what that right thing is.

I don't think I've ever wrote this before- but your posts literally come off as whining. You're so upset that someone said they plan to make left hand rifles, and then when they realize how absolutely minuscule that market is- you're incessantly chasing them saying they "lied"? Are you actually an adult male?

You are right, they are new to the gun industry and didn’t know the market very well. Laughing.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348

A good, practical illustration of that is that despite the tremendous popularity of ARs now, LH models are pretty scarce, if indeed there are any at present. EDIT: just checked quickly and found a few, but still think it's a fair point, especially considering the much smaller market for $1700 bolt rifles.

One of the big jobbers or wholesalers could easily make it worth while for Barrett to crank out LH versions by contracting for a large order. Since that hasn't happened, I assume they don't see a market either.

Melvin Forbes has successfully done it for over 30 years. And he did it before CNC programming.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Perfect. There is your answer - buy one from Melvin!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Melvin Forbes has successfully done it for over 30 years. And he did it before CNC programming.

Custom guns, at custom prices (twice the price), and sold direct, not retail. Hardly the same business model. $100 more for LH.

Go for it.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Has anyone heard any updates?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Any chance barrett makes a micro action in 6.5 grendel?

CrazyIs Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Still waiting patiently on a .223 FC.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rather a 224 Grendel in 7" RPM.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
SHOT Show is just around the corner fellas.....

I hope to hell the do a run of ten lefties and auction them on Gunbroker.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 23 invisible), 1,942 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,507
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.