-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope to get there Thursday but not sure yet.
Kent let me know if there is anything I can help with.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Cool Dave see ya there.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Make a suggestion if anyone has anything they don't need and want to give it to another campfire member who might
use it.. to bring it..

Right now cleaning up some stuff, I have a magazine for a Ruger American, 243 to 308 sized cartridges...

Before I gave my 223 Predator to Randy, having magazine issues, Ruger sent me a batch of magazines..

Somehow they thought my rifle was a 243 due to its serial number... so they ended up sending me 4 or 5
243 mags... I gave them away to other campfire members.. but this one here evidently was overlooked..

so whoever might use it, speak up... Cost is affordable... Obama "Welfare" Free....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was in the gun cabinet today and was thinking when I saw one of mine..

how about one of these times having a 200 yd 30/30 shooting contest...

no one ever brings those rifles or cartridges out...

for those of us that don't need to loosen our fillings with African Cartridges...

open sights on steel at 200 yds would be fun...

or tightest 3 shot group at 200 yds...

just a thought...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone bringing a guitar ? Maybe a few campfire songs ?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Almost forgot this - it has been noted that we should try to have a hanging or posted lantern or two located where we gather for the evening. I don't own such a rig. Can anyone bring one - or two?
Thanks. P

I have a pair of orange stobe lights that can be pushed up in the air on a pole. Can see them from a long way out when it's dark outside.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The orange strobes would help folks find camp in the dark.

I am hoping to arrive Wednesday afternoon; Thursday afternoon at the latest.

As far as shooting at ranges past 150 yards, our present location, shooting towards the hill, doesn't have an easy, clear lane to 200 yards, or an easy way to get out there past the fence and the gully.

The Texas Rangers have a tradition of showing up at outdoor social affairs wearing their "BBQ Guns". These are not their duty handguns, but something a bit fancier, or unique, or just interesting; maybe real old, or so new others haven't seen one yet. And normally carried in a fancier leather holster. Sort of a "Show & Tell" kind of thing. "Look what I brought. What did you bring?"

I suggest members attending consider bringing a BBQ gun. Not trying to one-up each other, but just for fun and for sharing, and more stuff to talk about 'round the campfire.

A guitar sounds like fun, too. I am sure somebody in the group has some musical talent. Unfortunately, it isn't me. We will hear some coyotes singing, regardless.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Regarding Seafire's suggestion:

I heard that there is going to be a black powder shoot, sort of a 21 gun type of salute to our friends.

I don't have any black powder guns yet, but I do have a bit of scrap lead I get from a local metal recycle yard. It was mostly pipes and some sheet lead I have melted, fluxed, and pour into ingots or bricks.

Does anybody need or want any?

Tracy (Ranger) Green

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
As of now, Looks like my attendance is about 95% sure that I will be there!!! I plan on leaving in the wee morning hours Tuesday. I will bring flintlock of proper bore diameter and possibly an 1895 of the proper flavor, with assorted accoutrements. As well as the rest of my meagre but humble camp. All required is enough ground for my 9'x9' canvas wedge tent.

I will get there, when I get there, barring any border crossing conflicts etc.

Bob
dit
Kaywoodie

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Indeed this is good new Bob - will be watching for 'ya and great to see your carcass again. Safe travels.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Bob, I'll kick some cholla 'out the way' for your tent... and warn the song dogs they have competition howl'n at the moon.

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Paul & Kent! Appreciate it!!

Founder

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Bob, Cheryl found this old wine rack to put some of our cast iron on and then came up with this idea to make a display wall. So I built it yesterday afternoon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Damn sideways pictures.

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn!!! Thats freakin' awesome!!!!!! Well done. Gotta go out to the shop and start attending to stuff for the trip!!!

Founder

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kent,

that is fantastic.. love the old West Rustic look to it..

Looks awfully functional and handy the way you put it together...

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Woo Hoo Bob ! It will be great to see you.

Kent, very nice. Great Job.

I still plan on being there Monday evening, or Tuesday before 12noon.

Jeff

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hope so Jeff, I plan on being there like Tuesday....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have a couple of Bankers Boxes of old Hunting and Shooting Magazines, that date
back to the early 90s.. from the days I use to buy those things..

Would there be any interest in them if I brought them down to Arizona to give away?

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John.

I'll be there on Tuesday. I'll need to leave either Thursday afternoon, or Friday morning to head down to the valley for a short visit. My eldest granddaughter Evelyn has been begging to go camping. So, I'll be picking her up and have my "little buddy" with me as a shadow. I may need to bring up my "chicken dog" too. Very gun shy. I'll need to chain him up to a tree, or the truck. Very friendly. Just hates loud noises. But, I can't leave him at home anymore.

Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty

The orange strobes would help folks find camp in the dark.

A guitar sounds like fun, too. I am sure somebody in the group has some musical talent. Unfortunately, it isn't me. We will hear some coyotes singing, regardless.

I'm working on getting a couple of pieces of top rail. Should be able to put the lights up 20', maybe 30' into the air. As far as singing goes, it's more like caterwauling from what I recall.

Well ? any musicians amongst us that would care to play ? Guitar ? Banjo ? Ukulele ?

Here's a camp favorite from a few years ago.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 29aholic, 56 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.