Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K22

Wasn't Poland part of Germany before WW I?

Yes, much of what was taken by Versailles from Germany after WWI to form the then-new nation of Poland was formerly called east and west Prussia, traditionally provinces of Germany. Danzig was on the northern tip of what was formerly east Prussia.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Hasn't anyone on the 'Fire met a person or persons that were in a concentration camp with the number tattooed on their forearm?

I have, scores of them. When we first got here from Cuba in 1960, we lived in Miami Beach in an apartment complex that was full of Holocaust survivors and ALL of them had the tattoo and ALL of them, witnessed and related the horrors.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, the Germans declared war on US.

*After* England declared war on Germany and the U.S.A. started sending aid to England.

No sir. Germany declared war on Dec 10, 1941. Aid to England had been going way before then. Germany declared war in support of the japs.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tjm10025

For what it's worth: the Nuremberg Trials were not, and never were meant to be, trials as we know them. They were not even military courts-martial as we know them.

What the MSM, and people who should have known better at the time, insisted on calling the Nuremberg Trials were actually a series of ad hoc military tribunals, and the correct name of this series was the "International Military Tribunal".

It was occasionally referred to informally as the "Nuremberg Tribunal" to readily distinguish it from the "International Military Tribunal for the Far East" which was convened in the Pacific to deal with Japanese war criminals.

The rules and procedures of the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg were established by negotiated agreement between the Allies, hence its ad hoc nature. Although it was based, in part, on previous military tribunals that followed earlier European wars, it did not follow a strict formal pattern, nor did it necessarily resemble other international tribunals, military or civilian, following future conflicts which had their own ad hoc rules and procedures.

All manner of people, including some senior military officers and civilian attorneys actually participating in the tribunal hearings, insisted on publicly referring to them as trials - because nobody really enjoys explaining the difference over and over again - and this has caused no end of confusion about their nature.

To use the phrase "Nuremberg Trials" today, is to simply to rely on a convention, a common usage. Defendants were examined, evidence was presented, final judgments were made and penalties imposed, so it would have seemed like a kind of trial to the defendants. To use the phrase "Kangaroo Court" is simply to express disagreement and disapproval of the use of a tribunal in place of a trial.

The Nuremberg Tribunals proved the victors get to make the rules. PERIOD. No problems in trying (with compelling evidence) and executing those who took part in the exterminations etc, but the execution of the likes of Keitel, Jodl and even Goring (well, he committed suicide) fly in the face of logic, when for example Albert Speer (who RAN the overall camp/slave labor process) was spared and why? because the West needed him and others like him (Bayer, I.G Farben, Krupp, Porsche, etc) to rebuild Germany (west) and stave off the Soviets, a system we helped to perpetuate. And I'll add, the historical ignorance going on here is proof positive of the horrendous education system here in the US.

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/08/18.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hasn't anyone on the 'Fire met a person or persons that were in a concentration camp with the number tattooed on their forearm?

I have, scores of them. When we first got here from Cuba in 1960, we lived in Miami Beach in an apartment complex that was full of Holocaust survivors and ALL of them had the tattoo and ALL of them, witnessed and related the horrors.

Dayton, OH, back in the early '70s, the mother of a Jewish neighbor friend of my wife's had the numbered concentration camp tattoo. We saw it when she brought her mom over and introduce us to her once.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

How about, for starters, those who think that a Soviet style kangaroo court is appropriate for captured officers, soldiers, businessmen, because they were on the losing side of a war?

"The fact that the Nazi leaders are criminals has already been established. The task of the Tribunal is only to determine the measure of guilt of each particular person and mete out the necessary punishment -- the sentences."

- Major-General Iona Timofeevich Nikitchenko, Supreme Court of the Soviet Union, explaining the Soviet view of the proceedings, in typical Soviet jurisprudential fashion, before they even began.

Gotcha thanks for the clarification. There are an awful lot of things going on in this thread and what you were referencing wasn’t exactly clear.

Do you recognize that one can at the same time see the “trials” as illegitimate due to process while at the same time being less enthusiastic in dismissing the systematic elimination of a people group than you are?

One can also hold that the holocaust displayed a particukar sort of human depravity while acknowledging that the murderous rampage of the Nazis wasn’t the only one in the 20th century nor even the worst in terms of numbers dead.

Lately I’ve observed a lot fewer people willing to hold truths that oppose both “party lines” at the same time. People seem to be scrambling to “their corners” in a sort of intellectual tribalism rather than demonstrate intellectual honesty in stating that their side or their guy may have something wrong. Then we get involved in these ridiculous arguments about things that sidestep central issues like the freedom of speech & thought in this thread.

I agree w/ satx’s comments on the take-always for me concerning this Canadian lady’s predicament.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RickyD

England and France declared war on Germany after Germany invaded Poland.
Poland was violating their Versailles agreement to respect the rights of ethnic Germans in Danzig (which was mostly German in population) to govern themselves, and even to exercise self-determination. Instead, they replaced Danzig's elected officials with Polish officials, and did nothing to stop a steady stream of anti-German violence by the Poles who lived there. Germany attempted to resolve the issue cooperatively with the Polish Government, but France and England advised Poland to take a hard line against Germany, assuring them that they had their back if Germany ever threatened military intervention in support of Danzig and the corridor. On this advice, Poland continued to persecute the Germans of Danzig while pressuring them to surrender independence, essentially annexing them to Poland. Finally, after a series of atrocities against the Germans of Danzig, Germany moved in. This action required war with the whole of Poland, of course, even though all they requested was the Danzig corridor and Danzig itself, thus fulfilling the desires of the mostly German population there to rejoin Germany, which it had been separated from by Versailles.

History of Poland:
In March 1939, Hitler occupied the rest of Western Czechoslovakia. This consequently broke the Munich Agreement.
On 31 March 1939, in response to Nazi Germany's defiance of the Munich Agreement and occupation of Czechoslovakia,[5] the United Kingdom pledged the support of itself and France to guarantee Polish independence.

At the time Adolf Hitler was demanding the cession of the port of Danzig, an extraterritorial highway (the Reichsautobahn Berlin-Königsberg) across the Polish Corridor, and special privileges for the German minority within Poland.

By the terms of the military alliance, each party (i.e. Poland and Britain) was free to decide whether to oppose with force any territorial encroachment, as the pact did not include any statement of either party's commitment to the defence of the other party's territorial integrity.[20] The Pact did contain provisions regarding "indirect threats" and attempts to undermine either party's independence by means of "economic penetration", a clear reference to the peculiar status of the Free City of Danzig. Fearing all-out German invasion no matter what, Poland rejected the German demands.
On August 23, 1939 Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union signed the Molotov–Ribbentrop non-aggression pact, which secretly provided for the dismemberment of Poland into Nazi and Soviet-controlled zones.
This Pact; where Russia and Germany split Poland in half gave
Germany the confidence to invade Poland.
On September 1, 1939 Hitler ordered his troops into Poland.
On September 17 the Soviet troops moved in and took control of most of the areas of eastern Poland having significant Ukrainian and Belarusian populations under the terms of the German-Soviet agreement.
After Germany invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941, Poland was completely occupied by German troops.
The first casualty of that declaration was not German—but the British ocean liner Athenia, which was sunk by a German U-30 submarine that had assumed the liner was armed and belligerent. There were more than 1,100 passengers on board, 112 of whom lost their lives. Of those, 28 were Americans, but President Roosevelt was unfazed by the tragedy, declaring that no one was to “thoughtlessly or falsely talk of America sending its armies to European fields.” The United States would remain neutral.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by efw

How about, for starters, those who think that a Soviet style kangaroo court is appropriate for captured officers, soldiers, businessmen, because they were on the losing side of a war?

"The fact that the Nazi leaders are criminals has already been established. The task of the Tribunal is only to determine the measure of guilt of each particular person and mete out the necessary punishment -- the sentences."

- Major-General Iona Timofeevich Nikitchenko, Supreme Court of the Soviet Union, explaining the Soviet view of the proceedings, in typical Soviet jurisprudential fashion, before they even began.

Gotcha thanks for the clarification. There are an awful lot of things going on in this thread and what you were referencing wasn’t exactly clear.

Do you recognize that one can at the same time see the “trials” as illegitimate due to process while at the same time being less enthusiastic in dismissing the systematic elimination of a people group than you are?

One can also hold that the holocaust displayed a particukar sort of human depravity while acknowledging that the murderous rampage of the Nazis wasn’t the only one in the 20th century nor even the worst in terms of numbers dead.

Lately I’ve observed a lot fewer people willing to hold truths that oppose both “party lines” at the same time. People seem to be scrambling to “their corners” in a sort of intellectual tribalism rather than demonstrate intellectual honesty in stating that their side or their guy may have something wrong. Then we get involved in these ridiculous arguments about things that sidestep central issues like the freedom of speech & thought in this thread.

I agree w/ satx’s comments on the take-always for me concerning this Canadian lady’s predicament.

I like your perception. I totally agree with satx's comments.

jorgeI, we may or may not agree on some of these posts, but what you posted last..............................

The Nuremberg Tribunals proved the victors get to make the rules. PERIOD. No problems in trying (with compelling evidence) and executing those who took part in the exterminations etc, but the execution of the likes of Keitel, Jodl and even Goring (well, he committed suicide) fly in the face of logic, when for example Albert Speer (who RAN the overall camp/slave labor process) was spared and why? because the West needed him and others like him (Bayer, I.G Farben, Krupp, Porsche, etc) to rebuild Germany (west) and stave off the Soviets, a system we helped to perpetuate. And I'll add, the historical ignorance going on here is proof positive of the horrendous education system here in the US.

is right on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by efw

I like your perception. I totally agree with satx's comments.

jorgeI, we may or may not agree on some of these posts, but what you posted last..............................

is right on.

Thanks, but I forgot to add and this is for the benefit of the KOTY, the main reason the likes of I.G> Farben and Bayer's prosecution had something to do w a "product" called Zylon B...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

*After* England declared war on Germany and the U.S.A. started sending aid to England.

No sir. Germany declared war on Dec 10, 1941. Aid to England had been going way before then. Germany declared war in support of the japs.

https://www.shmoop.com/wwii/timeline.html

Sep 1, 1939
Germany Invades Poland

German troops invade Poland on the ground while Hitler's air force bombs Polish cities from the sky.

Sep 3, 1939
Britain and France Declare War

Britain and France declare war on Germany honoring their commitment to Poland. President Franklin D. Roosevelt invokes the Neutrality Act but notes, "Even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or his conscience."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can’t see how it is contradictory to dislike both Nazis and Jews.

I can’t see how it should be illegal to express both of those dislikes.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Thanks, but I forgot to add and this is for the benefit of the KOTY, the main reason the likes of I.G> Farben and Bayer's prosecution had something to do w a "product" called Zylon B...

And the facts I keep trying to emphasize and aren't getting much traction, is, what "race" are these bankers, corporate heads and owners? With the exception of Henry Ford and Prescott Bush, most of the rest are Jewish. Once again, they get a "get out of jail free" card. They pulled the strings, led the people murdering Russians, leading and financing the autrosities in Germany and yet again, nobody cares. This is the very core of the issue. Very frustrating to me.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The U.S. began sending arms to France and England 2 months after England declared war on Germany.

Nov 3, 1939
Congress Lifts Aid Embargo

Congress grants President Franklin D. Roosevelt's request to revise neutrality laws, to repeal an arms embargo so that munitions could be sold to Britain and France, and to prevent American ships from sailing into war zones.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking Art Jones probaby shouldn't be found in Germany either.

http://artjonesforcongressman.com/holocaust/

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Sep 1, 1939
Germany Invades Poland

German troops invade Poland on the ground while Hitler's air force bombs Polish cities from the sky.

Sep 3, 1939

Britain and France declare war on Germany honoring their commitment to Poland. President Franklin D. Roosevelt invokes the Neutrality Act but notes, "Even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or his conscience."

You are still wrong. Germany declared war on the US in 1941. Minds and consciences don't win wars..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by blairvt
The Real Hawkeye, are you saying it didn't happen?

Lots of things did happen, but you will need to define your terms. Jews and others were indeed rounded up and placed in camps against their will (We did the same to those of Japanese descent, here in the US). Near the end of the war, as supply lines were cut off by allied bombing, supplies grew short, to include supplies of the pesticide (Zyklon B) used to control head lice (necessary to prevent the spread of typhus) in the camps, resulting in massive numbers of infected, causing emaciation and death in large numbers of inmates. One of the major problems for the Allies when they liberated these camps was, in fact, dealing with the emaciated survivors, treating them for typhus, and preventing its further spread.

This is not, however, what received-tradition refers to as The Holocaust. The Holocaust refers to a program put in place by the National Socialist regime for the purpose of exterminating the Jewish people. Best I can determine, this was mere Soviet war propaganda during the conflict. After the war, the Soviets hastily revamped buildings to resemble crude gas chambers (completely inoperable as such, though), and offered them as proof that their war propaganda had been true all along. Since this narrative served the purposes of the Western allies after the war also, it was adopted as justification for measures they had already determined to take against defeated Germany.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
As far as anonymity of my computer is concerned, I’ll point out that I’ve personally met many of the forum members in person and hunted and camped with several.

I believe they all will verify that I’d say the same thing to your face, given the opportunity.

Any members who have met you would verify that you would just duck your head and take it.

You would, I've that I am certain.

And that wasn't a slight.
Me too, and me either.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD

England and France declared war on Germany after Germany invaded Poland.
Poland was violating their Versailles agreement to respect the rights of ethnic Germans in Danzig (which was mostly German in population) to govern themselves, and even to exercise self-determination. Instead, they replaced Danzig's elected officials with Polish officials, and did nothing to stop a steady stream of anti-German violence by the Poles who lived there. Germany attempted to resolve the issue cooperatively with the Polish Government, but France and England advised Poland to take a hard line against Germany, assuring them that they had their back if Germany ever threatened military intervention in support of Danzig and the corridor. On this advice, Poland continued to persecute the Germans of Danzig while pressuring them to surrender independence, essentially annexing them to Poland. Finally, after a series of atrocities against the Germans of Danzig, Germany moved in. This action required war with the whole of Poland, of course, even though all they requested was the Danzig corridor and Danzig itself, thus fulfilling the desires of the mostly German population there to rejoin Germany, which it had been separated from by Versailles.

That's what you and Hitler say. I just said England and France declared war on Germany after Germany invaded Poland. Which is true. Not much of what Hitler said or did was true or honest and all geared toward what transpired over the next 5-6 years. Including the Holocaust.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Sep 1, 1939
Germany Invades Poland

Sep 3, 1939

You are still wrong. Germany declared war on the US in 1941. Minds and consciences don't win wars..

I said that England and France declared war on Germany and that Germany declared war on America after America started sending military aid to England and France.

That's fact.

I'm not wrong.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by blairvt
The Real Hawkeye, are you saying it didn't happen?

Lots of things did happen, but you will need to define your terms. Jews and others were indeed rounded up and placed in camps against their will (We did the same to those of Japanese descent, here in the US). Near the end of the war, as supply lines were cut off by allied bombing, supplies grew short, to include supplies of the pesticide (Zyklon B) used to control head lice (necessary to prevent the spread of typhus) in the camps, resulting in massive numbers of infected, causing emaciation and death in large numbers of inmates. One of the major problems for the Allies when they liberated these camps was, in fact, dealing with the emaciated survivors, treating them for typhus, and preventing its further spread.

This is not, however, what received-tradition refers to as The Holocaust. The Holocaust refers to a program put in place by the National Socialist regime for the purpose of exterminating the Jewish people. Best I can determine, this was mere Soviet war propaganda during the conflict. After the war, the Soviets hastily revamped buildings to resemble crude gas chambers (completely inoperable as such, though), and offered them as proof that their war propaganda had been true all along. Since this narrative served the purposes of the Western allies after the war also, it was adopted as justification for measures they had already determined to take against defeated Germany.

You have been shot down so many times on every thing you have stated about the Holocaust...
Proof of some of the German built Gas chambers is just one good example.
As usual, you refuse to respond...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.