Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
I fail to see how a 1994 or prior Rem has anything to do with what Cerberus pushed out. As for warranty, how long did they ignore and fail to correct the triggers?

Don't believe plaintiff attorneys could haul that load of bullshit past a jury..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by MRitchie
As a "bean counter" I have to say that these decisions fall under the purview of management, marketing, and R&D. "Bean counters" tell you numbers, they don't make the decisions. Most "bean counters" I have met can tell you that cutting costs usually results in lower quality and sales.

Therein lies the problem.

It's when those people are put into the supreme management positions that things generally go south. Not always, but with some things, that seems to be the pattern.

Any R&D person or engineer will chew your ear for hours about bean counters,
They are the very reason that most things you buy are junk.
They run their numbers based on annual production, and look at the final bottom number.

We don't buy annual pruduction, we buy units.

I don't GAF that they save 50 cents on a too short zipper,
75 cents buying cheaper fabric,
And 50 cents not properly sewing the seams.

I would gladly give them $3 more a pair for jeans with a decent zipper, that would last a little while.

Rant over.

It has been my experience that finance and accounting types are almost always more conservative than the marketing and sales types when it comes to making business decisions.

If you would gladly pay $3 more for a pair of jean, there is probably a brand and line of jeans that would fall within your parameters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Here's my latest Remington purchase:

[Linked Image]308 Win/Remington M700 factory barrel/action by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Ten rounds from 900 yards that I covered with the back of my closed fist!

[Linked Image].308 Rem M700 VS by Sharps Man, on Flickr

I shot a left handed action Remington M700 for THOUSANDS of rounds in NRA HP competition....never had one failure to extract, no broken firing pins, or the bolt handle coming off when shooting rapid fire and there was lots of that! In 1994 that same rifle 'kicked azz' over in Texas by helping me win the Texas State Long Range Championship! It also did quite well for me when I was shooting the Palma game!

When was that rifle made?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Many a good company has been run down by being "managed " by private equity/venture capital firms. Grow at all costs; mostly acqisitions and flip it is their only goal. Living it now.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10Glocks, 222ND, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 70 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,567
Posts18,531,820
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.