Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Fraid that is pretty much inviting them to your home to see that it is denatured. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
true, but if you had a use for it, it can be done.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I can't understand why every manufacturer can't make vodka as smooth as Ketel 1. That low end vodka tastes like something that should be run through a bunsen burner,...while the good stuff is so smooth that you have to pay special attention to moderate it or you'll get yourself hammered in short order.

Seems to me like, if somebody is going to go to the trouble to distill spirits, they should learn to do it right. How much extra trouble and expense can it be?

all in the cuts, lots of lower end stuff leaves in more heads and tails to get more product. thats why good shine cut right will not give you a hangover.

I've heard that before...always figured it was part bullschitt and part true...the key for me seems to be to eat something and drink a few glasses of water before going to bed.

the heads is what will give you the hangover and make it harsh, people will mix some in for more volume. the tails are what can give that wet dog smell taste. though you can add a little tails . making cuts take practice i use proof, smell, taste and touch to do it.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t think MM is looking for Spanokpitas quality wine, just something slightly above prison toilet hooch. 😁

One of our customers brought me a (supposedly) good bottle of wine for Christmas...It tasted like fermented, half rotten, sour grapes...I've had other wines and IMHO, most tasted like schitt...I guess I'll never be a "connoisseur" of fine wines...I had home made blackberry brandy years ago, and it was quite tasty....

Lolol....I damn sure ain’t no wine connoisseur. I go over to a buddies ranch for a “wine tasting and music jam”. I finally told them to quit wasting the $300 bottle swill on me and just fill my glass with Pendleton and a Budweiser chaser. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Listen to Roger. The foreshots are more volatile organic compounds and truly toxic.

Soli Deo Gloria

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

the heads is what will give you the hangover and make it harsh, people will mix some in for more volume. the tails are what can give that wet dog smell taste. though you can add a little tails . making cuts take practice i use proof, smell, taste and touch to do it.

How many still passes do you do?

Scotch malt whisky is usually distilled (in pot stills) twice, sometimes three times. Not necessarily in the same still either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
we run some twice or three times. have 3 stills, will my buddy does does.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mathman

How many still passes do you do?

Scotch malt whisky is usually distilled (in pot stills) twice, sometimes three times. Not necessarily in the same still either.

In some distillations, whisky, for instance, the cuts are actually made to include some cogeners so particular flavor profiles are maintained. It is no real secret that very pure liquor can be obtained in one pass through a good reflux column still. Whisky is, by law, distilled at a lower temperature than Vodka, for this very reason.

Soli Deo Gloria

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Originally Posted by Auger01

Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'd guess that making liquor is kinda like handloading ammo.

You spend just as much, but you take more shots.

You can also be blinded if you screw up either bad enough.

How so?

Primers... powder.... oops... BOOM.... where’d everybody go?

Hey, the still is starting to run..... well daaaaang.... lets get us a couple shots a that clear.... where’d everybody go?

Dumb people win dumb prizes....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.