Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 16bore
Seems to me that a cop with 30 years under his belt, working at a school, was thinking "gravy train" until retirement.

Another sickening phase is swaggering around basking in the awards accolades while deep inside his guts he knew he was a coward. sick

As has been said, work at the library, Veterans Hall, Hospice, old folks homes, staying put when you know you will fail, is a huge selfish, uncaring, liability, look what it cost the kids...................................................

gunner,

Too bad you, with your skill set, or someone like you, couldn't have been there.

That little perp may have gotten a half a clip off before he got ventilated.

But, they don't want professionals, not aggressive types...

Hmmm...

DF

I would have gladly left this spinning rock for those kids that day DF, and I cant stand being around kids, they get on my nerves terribly, [read, wc fields]

You, your lovely Wife and I have conversed calmly across a dinner table, even in that relaxed setting I dont think you could see any yellow, I have to wonder what the interviewers are looking for when they hire these guys, someone has got to wake up and take a look at the man before giving him a set of keys.

Perhaps in the fx, employment contracts with SROs should have a clause that leaves them liable to parents for such actions, or at least loss of pension funds associated with that job?

Jag, that's what I meant yesterday by saying any pension/retirement due this creep should go to the Coaches family, he shielded kids and lost his life for it, UNARMED!!!!! mad

Trump Won!
GB4

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by KenMi
What if he was in fact told to stand down?

In that situation what if you were told to stand down?

What would YOU do?

I for one would say [bleep] the protocol, and go in....

You would, indeed, as would a bunch here on this forum.

"Stand down" sounds too much like Benghazi.

Same mind set that's getting good people killed.

DF

Agreed.

What other kind would even contemplate such a ridiculous possibiity?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess one never knows until put in the situation, have only looked at the wrong end of a firearm 3 times in life, only once that shots were actually fired

But god help me I’d like to think I’d have rushed the guy with a textbook if that was all available, better to die one good death than to die over again and again each night

God rest and hold those children. My heart grieves that they were let down by so many

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 02/23/18.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 673
Now CNN has azzhats on there saying if the resource officer couldn't do anything about the pos shooter, then how are armed teachers?
I would like someone in my kids school armed and trained to hunt down and kill a shooter.

And the real point, the one that CNN is avoiding and repackaging, is not that the SRO couldn't do anything, but that he didn't....... So if that might happen, decent odds of real safety depends on multiple levels of prevention, not just one. The outcome of this scenario should actually bolster the argument for multiple armed people on school campuses.

Now with even more aplomb
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Guess one never knows until put in the situation, have only looked at the wrong end of a firearm 3 times in life, only once that shots were actually fired

But god help me I’d like to think I’d have rushed the guy with a textbook if that was all available, better to die one good death than to die over again and again each night

God rest and hold those children. My heart grieves that they were let down by so many

smile

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know plenty of WOMEN that would of charged that dikbag. Armed or not. My own mother, a teacher, I can guarantee you would not of let that call go unanswered.

You don't need warriors, you just need a soul devoid of cowardice in the face of violence. If this report is true, that guy is not only a poor excuse for a man, but a sorely lacking human being.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

If I was a parent of one of those kids the story would not yet be over, I would have nothing to loose.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Based on info currently available, I agree with all the sentiment voiced in this thread. I don't think this deputy is going to fade away quietly though....be interesting to hear his side eventually...Sheriff may be in really deep(er) chit....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM
Based on info currently available, I agree with all the sentiment voiced in this thread. I don't think this deputy is going to fade away quietly though....be interesting to hear his side eventually...Sheriff may be in really deep(er) chit....

I'm not sure you will here the story from the coward himself..........I suspect he will eat his service weapon before that happens.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM

I'm not sure you will here the story from the coward himself..........I suspect he will eat his service weapon before that happens.

You won't hear about any of it on MSM..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's say the officer killed the punk, either before the first victim or after the last one. The narrative would be police brutality and more hate for cops. He probably would have still been dismissed from his job and sued by someone. Maybe lose either way.

I don't know. And only a few here REALLY know what happens when bullets start flying.

God bless them.

But, I'm not one, so I can't say.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's say the officer killed the punk, either before the first victim or after the last one. The narrative would be police brutality and more hate for cops. He probably would have still been dismissed from his job and sued by someone. Maybe lose either way.

I don't know. And only a few here REALLY know what happens when bullets start flying.

God bless them.

But, I'm not one, so I can't say.

No, I cannot agree with that. The car and knife attack , recently on OSU campus, was stopped in A couple of minutes, By one nearby Police officer responding on foot, Who shot the knife wielding man . That police officer is Regarded as a local hero, And has difficulty buying his own beer.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It's really not that complicated. It's funny to see the thin blue line backing him with a multitude of lame excuses. He had 2 choices, go in or stay out. He chose to stay out.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
That's just a ridiculous fantasy. Sure, there would have been a few deviant retards trying to second guess the heroism, but 99.5% would have understood this guy was a hero, instead of the despicable coward he's proved himself as.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They'll use it as proof that security doesn't work. I don't know if even the baddest of asses could have done much in the situation.

7 minutes of hell.

I have to believe people that pull these kinds of mass murders are cowards of the highest order. One shot in Cruz's direction would have most likely sent him scurrying like the cockroach he is.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
They'll use it as proof that security doesn't work. I don't know if even the baddest of asses could have done much in the situation.

7 minutes of hell.

I have to believe people that pull these kinds of mass murders are cowards of the highest order. One shot in Cruz's direction would have most likely sent him scurrying like the cockroach he is.

DMc

One accurate shot would have prevented the scury.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Only thing that officer was going to engage is if an armed citizen tried to get into the school to actually help.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When James Hodgkinson opened up, with a rifle, on Republican Lawmakers engaged in a softball game, 2 Capital Police moved forward to engage him in a gun fight. Zero concern for their own safety. I have little doubt that both of these officers would have entered the school, with zero concern for their own safely, and would have engaged the shooter.

That's what real hero's do, not the ones who simply show up for work.

Peterson will have to live out his life wondering why he wasn't more like the Capital Police Officers and why he choose to hide outside.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sheriff Israel has stated that the video recordings showing deputy Peterson's activities during the incident might not ever be "disclosed".

Last edited by night_owl; 02/23/18.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whats funny is the number of folks here who would die saving the kids; but yet, are willing to make them wait until they're 21 to own a gun. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (16penny, 14idaho, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,991
Posts18,481,100
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.