Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Living close to an AF base there are several barber shops nearby. $12.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I go to a regular barber shop, but there are all women barbers. They will cut women's hair, but have very few women customers. They are not a hair salon. Plenty of hunting and fishing magazines, National Geographic, and such also. Box of kid's toys. $16 for a haircut. I hate to spend that much, so I tried a couple of cheaper places, but the quality was poor. Did not get a boob in the ear at either place, sorry to say.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Same place since my first hair cut as a kid except for an extend period of 20 years. Been in business since 1952. Most of the pictures are from family, friends and customers that have served. Video is from last years Veterens Day celebration sponsored by the owner Bobby. Yes there are still real Americans in Kalifornia.

http://www.villagebarbershopstockton.com

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quit going to the barber when I retired 6 years ago. At that time it was $12 and I'd give him a twenty, keep change. Now I buzz it about once a month and the wife trims my neck. I have to ask real nice for the titty in the ear.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had my bi annual today. 10 bucks

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

B
BWS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hottie wife of goin on 40 years,BETTER stick a tiddie in my ear or,"no tip for you".We get to laughing everytime (yeah,gettin old)....she asks what # of buzz,and I get her to explain the difference?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The small town I grew up in a barber shop. Where the old men went to gossip. And they didnt hold back on language just because a 10 yr was waiting for a chair. Colored folks didnt come in, and knew not too.

He only cut hair one way, $5. And he'd give you a penny for the gum machine.

"Sit still boy, so I dont cut your ear off" when using the straight razor. Never even so much as a nick.

He also cut hair at the funeral home, for free. Said he never could charge for that.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I found a great Barbershop in Parker, Arizona. The barber there, named Johnny learned from his dad who started the shop and took it over when his dad retired. He now cuts hair with his dads chair and the shop has been going for over thirty years. Mikes Barbershop continues on................

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I got to find a new place dam Walmart went up to $16.00, theres a shop in town but its hardly ever open!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Who cuts your hair?
Local barber in town - took over an existing barber shop when the owner finally retired at nearly 90 years old.. He renovated it and now it really looks like an 'old-time' shop.. Does a good job too.. Poor bastid had a shoulder joint replaced just a couple weeks ago and has a female friend/barber take over until he heals and gets back to work in late April..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I go to a girl that took over the local barber shop after that barber died. She is okay, but recently went up on her price. I'm trying to talk wifey into cutting mine, although I doubt I can get her to stick a tit in my ear.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Barber shop by my house.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oldest Barber in Arizona - Click on link to read article.

Oldest Barber In Arizona

I used to go to Joe's barber Shop... until my oldest daughter graduated from cosmetology school 10 years ago.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I used to go to a place called Cellar Barbers. Two genuine barbers, and even a delightful old Black man who shined shoes. One of them could give me a pretty fair haircut, if I wanted to look like I was still military. One day, my wife suggested I try a guy at her salon. Reluctantly, I did. That was 20 years ago and I haven't been to anyone else since. He still charges $15, but I always pay him $25, and tip him $100 at Christmas. He's that good.

I truly miss the male atmosphere of a real barber shop. The big old chairs, the strops hanging on the wall, the magazines, and most of all the smell of Club Man lotion. That smell was and is the real essence of "barber shop" in my opinion. Nothing like it. (You can still buy it, too!)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a hair cut yesterday at a Quick clips, or some such, that I have been going too for a while since it is near where I buy groceries. All female cutters, some good looking and some not so good. The one yesterday was new to me and good enough looking that She could be a model. Started talking about the rain last week (8.5+ inches) and it went on into She had a cow having a calf that was coming backwards, and when She roped it, Her horse slipped down in the mud and Her Dad had to move in and help out before it became a real rodeo. Another one is a big deer hunter, and they have hunting magazines mixed in with the rest. Same town where the Miss America or Miss USA (I forget which) talked about dipping skoal with boys on National TV. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Main Street barber shop
2 barbers— both with a pistol in their pocket
$12
Guns hang on the wall—all for sale
No background cks
Lots of politics and religion discussions
Families with kids, local cops, working men, retired men, hs kids
deer hunters, hog hunters, coon hunters, fishermen.
All enjoy their time spent there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I remember the day, shop, five chairs, five barbers, open till ten on Saturday night.

Storm Lake?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No barbers in town. Started going to a beautician. She does a great job, hunts deer, and is nice to visit with. She moved and her shop is about 15 miles from here - I still go there. $12.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Use to be 3 barber shops here. They are all gone now. Found a women that cuts hair for nursing homes. I am wheel chair bound and she comes to the house to cut mine. $25.00 and won't take a tip.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have 2 here in town. Wife buzzes my hair just fine, and I'd prefer not to pay someone to cut mine and have to listen to them yacking the whole time. I don't need to be "entertained". Of course I know I'm different.

But we do have 2 true barber shops here at least.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.