Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods today on the way home from work. Just felt the need to let them know they've lost my business. The manager obviously had a script ready to deal with folks like me. She claims all comments will be funneled up the chain of command to Corporate. Vote with your wallets guys. Never go back. Let 'em know about it too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm curious as to whether they will sell the AR15 stock they have, or donate them to Antifa.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dicks is about the last place I'd go for anything gun related anyway.

Right behind Walmart, who also apparently quit selling AR15's.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At Dicks, we are dicks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve only been in one Dicks, lamest outdoor store I’ve ever seen, Walmart has a better selection.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods today on the way home from work. Just felt the need to let them know they've lost my business. The manager obviously had a script ready to deal with folks like me. She claims all comments will be funneled up the chain of command to Corporate. Vote with your wallets guys. Never go back. Let 'em know about it too.

Chuck full of snowflakes!

Last edited by lightning; 02/28/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Szumi
At Dicks, we are dicks!

Dicks gets their kicks by being a bunch of DICKS. Even the chicks at Dicks can be real DICKS and think we are all Hicks.

NEVER GIVE UP
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Dick's can get VD for all I care....no more of my money.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dicks pulled this same stuff back in 2012 , funny how they started selling AR rifles again .

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Check this one out fellas. I was shopping for a new predator shotgun. I was looking at the 835 Ulti mag at Dicks Greensburg Pa. While I was making up my mind wether or not to buy it,the clerk offered up a box of ammo,saying this was what most were buying to feed the 835..........a box of 30/06! No frickin joke folks. I handed it back to him and suggested he get his head screwed on right,and get the hell out from behind the counter. After arriving home,I penned a rather hot email to Dicks main office outlining the days events. It was going to be investigated. Now these morons are going to play the hero. Never again selling assault rifles. Big [bleep] deal. They don't own enough of the market share to even have a dog in the fight. Our local news has already compared them to Cabelas and Bass Pro. Shaming them to follow suit. [bleep] media.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dick's is where the city slickers go to buy their stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm curious as to whether they will sell the AR15 stock they have, or donate them to Antifa.

When Walmart got out of the AR business, they cut the prices in half. I sure looked hard trying to find a Sig in 308, for 600 bucks. No luck though.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I always have to walk thru Dicks to get to Nieman Marcus! It's so humiliating. frown

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you shoulda went over the golf department and took a club back the hunting section and bashed all the gun case glass because they ain't going to need them anymore.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I'm curious as to whether they even had any in stock.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Email Dicks, let them know your thoughts. Their email is: PRESSDCSG.COM
Wednesday, February 28, 2018

We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

But thoughts and prayers are not enough.

We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.

We have heard you. The nation has heard you.

We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids.

Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.

Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.

We believe it’s time to do something about it.

Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.
At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks
We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.

Some will say these steps can’t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct – but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.

Sincerely,

This is from their webpage:
Media Statements
Wednesday, February 28, 2018

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is a contact for him

PRESSDCSG.COM

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Dick's is where the city slickers go to buy their stuff.

What James said!!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pure democrat propaganda. Common sense, if even one life is saved, for the children, blah blah blah.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Dicks is about the last place I'd go for anything gun related anyway.

Right behind Walmart, who also apparently quit selling AR15's.
No kidding, I've been in 1 Dicks Sporting Goods store and their gun section wasn't even worth looking at, lame is an understatement, There are a lot better places to spend ones hard earned dollars.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Has nothing to do with their conscience. They just don’t want to get sued when somebody shoots up a place with a gun purchased at their store.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1234, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,580
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.